Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I follow your instructions.
I tried to boot without any SSDT (so with nv_disable=1) and to turn on the Nvidia web driver into control panel and to reboot again (without nv_disable=1) and that's the same result. After restarting the OSX default driver is checked again.

So please find here :
- SSDT-1.aml / SSDT-2.aml (The main SSDT.aml is the X79Deluxe file from Andrew's website so it's not in the .zip here)
- The new IOReg generated when I boot without any SSDT
- All the "Origin" content folder when I boot with F4 & F5

When you say you do all patching of onboard with DSDT, can you think there is a way for me to adapt your guide based from the rampage IV motherboard to mine (X79 Deluxe) ? Like that I could be able to generate my own DSDT against using the pre-generated SSDT file from Andrew, and I could be learn some stufffs... :)

Thanks again for your help
The nvidia controll panel will always show that the default drivers are used even when the web drivers are actually loaded (web drivers are not supposed to work on anything but a Mac Pro 3-5 but we force them to load with nvda_drv=1 because we use MP6,1). Look in system report to see which drivers are actually loaded. You can find a dsdt patch list in one of the last posts in my dsdt guides thread for your board but it still needs a little work. The files you posted will help me finish it.

The nvidia controll panel will always show that the default drivers are used even when the web drivers are actually loaded (web drivers are not supposed to work on anything but a Mac Pro 3-5 but we force them to load with nvda_drv=1 because we use MP6,1). Look in system report to see which drivers are actually loaded. You can find a dsdt patch list in one of the last posts in my dsdt guides thread for your board but it still needs a little work. The files you posted will help me finish it.

Ok, thanks for the information. Indeed in the system report says the GK100HalWeb is loaded correctly.
So the daisy chain mode for dual screen seems not to work with 10.9.3 against apple said, that's not an issue from my build if all gpu drivers are loaded here.
But something make me think there is still some little issue with my build, my benchmark results are no so good :
->Geekbench : 3308 single /19637 multi
->Cinebench : 62,42fps / 1011cb
->Heaven : 2576

I will take a look to making my own DSDT to see if can increase performances.
Anyway, tell me if you need more files or anything that could help you.

thanks for your time guy.

Does anyone know of a great blu-ray player i could use instead of the dvd burner? This is my first build so what is best?

Hey Shilohh.
I'm sorry I just can't get the titan to work for the life of me. After step nine, I installed the combo update from the mac store and now my comp just gives me a visual glitch and freezes every time I start it up. I also tried booting without caches and it does the same thing.
I'm still not entirely confident that the Kext files are installing correctly. I will usually get a couple messages saying something like "cannot install properly".

Shilohh, thank you so much for the write up!

For those of you with dual 770s, was the setup any different to
Shilohh's explanation? How satisfied are you with the 770x2 performance? I almost bought a 6-core Mac Pro, but I feel like I could go with this rig and do so much more with the extra cash!

Shilohh, thank you so much for the write up!

For those of you with dual 770s, was the setup any different to
Shilohh's explanation? How satisfied are you with the 770x2 performance? I almost bought a 6-core Mac Pro, but I feel like I could go with this rig and do so much more with the extra cash!
I think you'll be the first to run 2 770s. You'll want to inject them as parent and child through acpi but I'll provide the SSDTs if you do the build. To install, leave the second card switched off (pci switches on the R4E) until I send you the ssdts and follow the guide as usual. Apps like Pr & Ae CC and resolve will deffinetly benefit from 2 or more GPUs.

Hey Shilohh.
I'm sorry I just can't get the titan to work for the life of me. After step nine, I installed the combo update from the mac store and now my comp just gives me a visual glitch and freezes every time I start it up. I also tried booting without caches and it does the same thing.
I'm still not entirely confident that the Kext files are installing correctly. I will usually get a couple messages saying something like "cannot install properly".
I'll see if ssdt injection will help your card. Please boot nvidia disabled and inject nvidia false as per previous posts. Save me an ioreg named as the port that the monitor is connected to. Shut down. Connect your monitor to the next port and repeat again until you have 4 ioregs (one for each port). Then save one more with inject nvidia true. Zip the files and post it here.

I'll see if ssdt injection will help your card. Please boot nvidia disabled and inject nvidia false as per previous posts. Save me an ioreg named as the port that the monitor is connected to. Shut down. Connect your monitor to the next port and repeat again until you have 4 ioregs (one for each port). Then save one more with inject nvidia true. Zip the files and post it here.

Breaking news! I turned off the injector thing, and now my comp boots up fine. My graphics card even seems to be installed alright. Now the only two things I have left to do are to figure out what's up with the injector thing and to figure out how I can get my audio to work.
I've also started to do some simple video tests, like playing youtube videos, and I've noticed that my comp will only play about 15 seconds worth of streaming video and then it just freezes. I can scrub video fine, but if I just let a video play anywhere it freezes again. I've also noticed that my comp can't find my Ethernet port. It had previously installed it before, and it worked, but now it doesn't. I don't know if the two are related. And in case your wondering How I can connect to the internet, I have a wifi card installed and it works fine.

@sandybeaches,
If you had read back through the posts in this thread, you would've already known that inject nvidia = false is something you should have already tried. Change it to false in the config.plist to make it permanent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back