Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a bootflag that zenith posted that solves the save/restore errors but doesn't keep storage from forced ejection on sleep.

Ah OK, and what would that be exactly? Also tried stuff like "-gux-defer" before but none of these seemed to work, but maybe I am still missing something.

Again, my older R4E doesn't force eject USB 2 ports, only the 3.0 ones. Eric's newer board forces both and I think it's due to a revision in the x79 chipset. I've tried all manner of dsdt edits but I think it's something we'll have to live with. See the bugs section of the OP for work arounds. The good news is that the USB 2 ports don't go completely dead because they still wake the machine.

Yes, there seem to be a newer revision of this board, I also seem to have one of these ...

And I have disabled waking by USB anyway, to prevent accidental waking so it works only with the power button. Before I had to set darkwake=1 to enable wakeup without needing to press the keyboard twice, but then autosleep ceased to work. But I like this solution more anyways, so I think I can live with that.

As for the ejecting problems, I use Jettison at the moment, which seems to be able to work around this problem somehow.

Thank you so much Shilohh!

I have always used Unibeast. This is my 3rd Hackintosh but the 1st that requires a lot of thinking.

I will try again later today.

Thanks again, you are awesome.

BTW: I started using Premiere in 1993 when it was a real chore for rendering...

@ Fronted-Dev
have you tried darkwake=8 or 10. Curious what that would do for you if you removed clock-id to enable wake from USB.

@BluewaterVA
Your welcome. And yeah, premiere before cs6 was a bit of a pain. I was using FCP back then. Still miss v7 but I can't deal with the transcode workflow anymore.

@ Fronted-Dev
have you tried darkwake=8 or 10. Curious what that would do for you if you removed clock-id to enable wake from USB.

With darkwake 8 or 10, I cannot enter sleep at all!

Then, monitor goes black, but machine seems unable to enter sleep completely (fans still running etc). After that, the only thing I can do is pressing the reset button ...

With darkwake 8 or 10, I cannot enter sleep at all!

Then, monitor goes black, but machine seems unable to enter sleep completely (fans still running etc). After that, the only thing I can do is pressing the reset button ...
Strange. I've used 8 and 0 and I have no sleep issues.

On my system, my separate Windows SSD shows up as a boot option in Clover. Simply select it and Windows fires right up.

@ TurbineSeaPlane thanks for the reply. I have windows installed on a separate SSD too and can access it via the ASUS Bios but that means pressing F2 and changing the boot priority.

I don't see any options to dualboot at all when I power up normally any ideas how I can get it to work with my Clover (sorry for all the questions - very new to Hactintosh).

Thanks.

@Akkman,
It's not broken. It's how it's supposed to work with machines that have the type of kernel controlled CPUPM. The SSDT enables XCPM and therefore changes the options you see in sys prefs. In sys prefs there is a check box to enable or disable the system from auto sleeping after the screen sleeps. And it should after the screen sleeps. You can set it manually usin the Terminal. See arehep's post about how to do it. Also with this type of CPUPM, the machine can take up to 30 seconds to fully enter sleep.

It will enter sleep if I goto the Apple menu and select sleep. It will not enter sleep when the machine is left unattended. I did refer to arehep's post and used the terminal commands he had as examples.

Any other ideas?

@patjamz:

I honestly didn't do anything special. Just set my main Clover SSD to boot up as UEFI default and my Windows partition is on the Clover list at the time of boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back