Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
iMessage is working!!!

After the random UUID creation in Terminal, then placing that in the Clover config...

...then you must reset your Apple Password (and also ensure you have a credit card tied to your account).

After that it works!!!

The hack is PERFECT!!!!! WHAT A NIGHT!

I need a beer!
:thumbup::headbang:

iMessage is working!!!...

The hack is PERFECT!!!!! WHAT A NIGHT!

I need a beer!
An excellent idea! An elixir of the gods is always appropriate after a victory. :thumbup:

But, be sure to toast shilohh for his excellent guide and help to get your hack PERFECT!!! :clap:

Absolutely!

These ones are ALL in honor of Shilohh!

Thanks TurbineSeaplane! A note about UUID and clover. If you're supplying your own uuid, you should change inject system ID to false because clover will change your custom one if true is set. Since you've already reset your apple ID, you may not want to mess with it in case you have to reset it again. I'm going to update the OP's config.plist to false later. Also, you should replace the last batch of digits of your random generated UUID to your ethernet's MAC address from system prefs network section. Again if you've got it working right already you may not want to mess with it as this might force you to reset your apple ID or contact apple to make your ID work again. I'll add a section for this in the guide soon.

Thank you for all the pointers for the UUID stuff.

As you speculated...with it all working right now I'll probably just let it ride and revisit this post if it stops working at some point.

Thank you!

Hey Guys,

I'm still waiting for my parts and I went with the 780 Ti as @Turbine.

Great to hear that it works when installation is complete.

Do you guys think my ATI 5770 mac edition from my mac pro will work as a GPU for the installation?
It would suck if I have to buy another card just to be able to install.

I'm working on a temporary install solution for those of you with a 780ti. If any of you has a 780ti and hasn't installed yet or is just willing to test it, please private message me

Do you guys think my ATI 5770 mac edition from my mac pro will work as a GPU for the installation?

I'm certainly no expert on that, but you could try it!?

I just wanted to stick with something that's in the current buyers guide for Mavericks (or something that's been confirmed to work by others in User Builds) for the install part.

Hi Shilohh,

Hope this find you well.

Took my time over the weekend and worked through your guides carefully. Good news...

Sound is working now - reinstalled the DSDT as you recommended. Very pleased about that.

Internet working but wifi is slow but I think that is a problem with my wifi - ethernet is very quick so wifi should be grand when I get the signal sorted (I hope!)

Did the Speedstep as per your guide and going to run tests on it tomorrow.

Thanks a million for all your help - Shilohh you are a genius and a legend.

Have a great week. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back