Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! :clap::clap::clap:

We used your technique to fix the problem. take a look at post #1 now. We've implemented it forum wide. Woot! :thumbup:

Awesome! So glad I could help guys!! The images started loading in just as I was finishing my build. Super successful, kudos to everyone on this forum for being professional problem solvers. Shilohh, your guide worked perfectly. Such a well outlined build, miles ahead of when I was troubleshooting the RiveBE years ago. A million thank you's to you good sir.

Yeah I have to inject Nvidia=True

Appreciate the offer, thanks, IOReg attached.
Use the attached SSDT-1 with inject nvida = false.

Attachments

• MSI GeForce GTX 580 NPE3.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 76
Simple repair permission on OS HDD fixed the issue for El capitan
to verify OS Hdd:

sudo /usr/libexec/repair_packages --verify --standard-pkgs /

to repair OS Hdd:

sudo /usr/libexec/repair_packages --repair --standard-pkgs --volume /
See: AsusX79Files/Post Install/0 Apps 4 Applications Floder/Disk Permissions.app

Hi shilohh, about speedstep i followed your guide from the beginning and used your files...as you can see in my previous posts maybe i don't reach every C-states.
I've a question, i must use X79X86PlatformPlugin.kext? or it's not necessary?

Hi shilohh, about speedstep i followed your guide from the beginning and used your files...as you can see in my previous posts maybe i don't reach every C-states.
I've a question, i must use X79X86PlatformPlugin.kext? or it's not necessary?
Absolutely necessary? No. It does however give you more stable and efficient state switching.

Just an update....i installed X79X86PlatformPlugin.kext and repaired disk permission but at restart i had a kernel panic so system won't start.
I was lucky because everytime i modify something i make a backup with CC...
So i prefer to stay as i'm now because that kext gives me some problem.

See: AsusX79Files/Post Install/0 Apps 4 Applications Floder/Disk Permissions.app

Well it looks like it didnt fix the issue after all. Os doesnt shut down even after verify - repair disk permissions. Any idea what it could be?

thanx

If you experience shutDown or restart issues on your Hack it is most likely caused by Ptools installation. It is a known issue use google to find solutions or use terminal "sudo shutdown -h now" if you need to use Ptools.

Hello shilohh wanted to ask if you could help me with my acpi, not if I can optimize it for me to go better, or if I have been successful, or if you advise me to change something.

I have doubts

thanks for your great contribution

3930k cpu and rampage iv formula - 2xgtx680 evga 2 gbs ( reflash with efirom evga mac edition )

Attachments

• acpi.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 124
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back