Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange, the report points to the graphics driver as the culprit. I suggest you try a couple things one at a time and test effects of each before moving on to the next.

1) Look for a web driver update. If none exist, try installing the previous version to the one you are on.

2) Remove the generic USB xhci kext and rebuild the kext caches.

3) Remove the USB hub.

I started getting the same panics without any USB 3.0 devices plugged in, so I removed them completely. I did all of those steps in order, no luck. Can't make it stable.

New report is here - View attachment Report1.txt

I started getting the same panics without any USB 3.0 devices plugged in, so I removed them completely. I did all of those steps in order, no luck. Can't make it stable.

New report is here - View attachment 181826
That eliminates any suspission I had that USB could be responsible. It looks like a graphics problem based on the extensions in backtrace. What exact model GPU do you have? Which SSDT are you using for the GPU?

Everything is working great again! Sorry but I was little rusty thanks!!!
Does onboard USB3 work? I was starting to think that asm1042 isn't supported by newer versions of genericusbxhci

That eliminates any suspission I had that USB could be responsible. It looks like a graphics problem based on the extensions in backtrace. What exact model GPU do you have? Which SSDT are you using for the GPU?

I'm bought this card - https://www.dabs.com/products/msi-g...s-3-0-hdmi-gaming-gtx-980-gaming-4g-9RJN.html

Here's the system report, starting to wonder if it's the dual display that's causing issues...

Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 15.33.42.png

And this is the SSDT I'm using...

Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 15.37.11.png

I'm bought this card - https://www.dabs.com/products/msi-g...s-3-0-hdmi-gaming-gtx-980-gaming-4g-9RJN.html

Here's the system report, starting to wonder if it's the dual display that's causing issues...

And this is the SSDT I'm using...
The reason I asked is because I have people with non standard port configurations having issues but not panics. Your card has standard port configuration so that shouldn't be a factor.

The SSDT is correct.

Do you have a windows install? You might see if any issues exist in windows. If there are problems in windows too, I'd suspect faulty hardware (most likely GPU).

The reason I asked is because I have people with non standard port configurations having issues but not panics. Your card has standard port configuration so that shouldn't be a factor.

The SSDT is correct.

Do you have a windows install? You might see if any issues exist in windows. If there are problems in windows too, I'd suspect faulty hardware (most likely GPU).

That's not good :(

I don't have a Windows install, but my next step is to dual boot so any advice/guides would be handy. As I understand it I need to create a UEFI Windows USB and boot from that.

However, because I'm building two of these machines I have a 2nd GTX 980 in the cupboard! If I swap out the card and keep everything else the same will that be a good test?

However, because I'm building two of these machines I have a 2nd GTX 980 in the cupboard! If I swap out the card and keep everything else the same will that be a good test?
Yes. Perfect. Do that and see if issues persist. Dual monitors with any ports should work.

Does onboard USB3 work? I was starting to think that asm1042 isn't supported by newer versions of genericusbxhci

Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 3.36.25 PM.png
I installed an old genericusbxhci that I found in the web and now they seem to work (buggy). I can't see them in the system report either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back