Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fixing Messages (iMesage) and Facetime.

As of November 2015, Apple has implemented tighter security for Messages (iMesage) and Facetime. The only way AFAIK to get them working on your Hackintosh is to use the ROM and MLB (Main Logic Board) serial number from a (hopefully one you own) real Mac. You will not be able to have both machines logged in to these apps at the same time. To get this information from your real Mac, open Terminal and type or paste:
Code:
nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB

You will get an output like:
Code:
W598V4NRKWFMW0A7U
that is 17 characters long. Copy it to a text document. This is your MLB serial number.

Go back to terminal and type or paste:
Code:
nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM

You will get an output like:
Code:
s[COLOR=#b22222]%[/COLOR]a3'[COLOR=#b22222]%[/COLOR]1f[COLOR=#b22222]%[/COLOR]cak

Copy it to your text document twice (for reference of what you have changed). NOTE: Each 2 digits preceded by a "%" are a hexadecimal pair and will not need to be converted from ASCII.

Then delete all of the percent signs "%" in the 2nd instance.
Like this:
Code:
[COLOR=#b22222]s[/COLOR]a3[COLOR=#b22222]'[/COLOR]1fca[COLOR=#b22222]k[/COLOR]

Now you need to use a ASCII to Hex converter to convert every character that does not fall in the range of 0-9 or a-f (Hexadecimal). I'll start with s in our example. Copy and paste the 2 converted characters that come after 0x over the s. Mine was 0x73.
Code:
[COLOR=#008000]73[/COLOR]a3[COLOR=#b22222]'[/COLOR]1fca[COLOR=#b22222]k[/COLOR]

Next is the '
Mine was 0x27.
Code:
73a3[COLOR=#008000]27[/COLOR]1fca[COLOR=#b22222]k[/COLOR]

Last is the k
Mine was 0x6B.
Code:
73[COLOR=#b22222]a[/COLOR]3271[COLOR=#b22222]fca[/COLOR][COLOR=#008000]6B[/COLOR]

Now capitalize all the lower case letters
Code:
73[COLOR=#008000]A[/COLOR]3271[COLOR=#008000]FCA[/COLOR]6B

In this example "73A3271FCA6B" is our ROM. Save your text document and bring it to your Hackingosh.

Alternatively, you can run a program called iMessageDebug to give you your MLB and ROM automatically. It will even save it as a txt for you. iMessageDebug can be found on another site.

Mount your EFI partition and open your EFI/CLOVER/config.plist. Copy and paste your MLB serial number to your clover config.plist in the MLB string of the RT variables section. If you don't have it, add it.

Before:
Code:
    <key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>MLB</key>
        <string></string>
        <key>ROM</key>
        <string></string>
    </dict>
After:
Code:
    <key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>MLB</key>
        <string>W598V4NRKWFMW0A7U</string>
        <key>ROM</key>
        <string></string>
    </dict>

Copy and paste your ROM to your clover config.plist in the ROM string of the RT variables section.

Before:
Code:
    <key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>MLB</key>
        <key>ROM</key>
        <string></string>
    </dict>
After:
Code:
    <key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>MLB</key>
        <key>ROM</key>
        <string>73A3271fCA6B</string>
    </dict>

Save your config.plist. Open Terminal and type or paste:
Code:
sudo rm -R ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Messages; rm -R ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent; rm -R ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iChat.*; rm -R ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.imagent.*; rm -R ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.imessage.*; rm -R ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.imservice.*
Hit enter/return. Enter your password and hit enter/return again.

Restart and make sure your real Mac is off or not logged in to Messages/iMesage or FaceTime. Open Messages on your Hackintosh and log in.

hi guys.
i think it is just a cosmetic "issue", but i want your feedback please.
the problem is that my gpu is seen by system profiler as 2.5gt/s instead of 5.0gt/s
i did some benchmarks of the vga and it seems working perfectly

what about your system profiler infos?

ps shilohh, why are we using "loadvbios" and "injectedid" in config.plist?
reading clover wiki i undestood that they are not needed, but maybe i'm wrong. could you please explain us?

Attachments

• pci cards.png
    pci cards.png
    134.2 KB · Views: 84
  • graphics-monitor.png
    graphics-monitor.png
    144 KB · Views: 115
hi guys.
i think it is just a cosmetic "issue", but i want your feedback please.
the problem is that my gpu is seen by system profiler as 2.5gt/s instead of 5.0gt/s
i did some benchmarks of the vga and it seems working perfectly

what about your system profiler infos?
Yes it's just cosmetic. If you want proof of speed open Cuda-Z (You must have working CUDA driver installed). Look at device to device performance. My Titan X is in slot 1 so it uses 16 lanes no mater what. My 980 is in slot 4 so it runs at 8 lanes because of all the other cards in other slots.
Screen Shot 2015-11-07 at 5.38.51 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-07 at 5.38.30 AM.png

ps shilohh, why are we using "loadvbios" and "injectedid" in config.plist?
reading clover wiki i undestood that they are not needed, but maybe i'm wrong. could you please explain us?
I've been using those since day 1 of clover and hadn't thought of it since. I was under the impression that I might get more GPU info and display info from the monitor to the system. You might be right. They might not help anything or they might help on someone else's system. I'm not positive.

Uuugghh! I should be fired. I just realized that the default volume name in all the config.plists was Capitan instead of Mac OS. Just fixed that too. Sorry to Lovelybrown!

Hi Shiloh,

Just got back from a week in Europe,
Bringing you up to speed on this issue.

Have done as requested:
Plesae open the config.plist in textedit and change:
Code:
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<false/>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<true/>
</dict>

to:

Code:
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<true/>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<true/>
</dict>

Then let me know if that solves your issue.

Has cured the failed stuff, and logs on to
iMessage and faceTime but does not recognise my contacts, they are not registered with iMessage.

I will now catchup with the last weeks replies.

All I did today was mount the EFI partition, set true to false, add in the new motherboard serial per instructions, run the command line, reboot once (it came up fine), immediately run the command line again (I figured I should try clearing the caches twice), and restart. On restart it appears my MacOSX (boot drive) is damaged. I booted from recovery partition using the USB stick to be safe. Disk utility wasn't able to repair. Luckily I have current time machine backup; so nothing lost.

On the off chance it saves anyone else using an Accelsior or Accelsior E2; I thought I would post this follow-up.

Don't forget to install the driver.

The Accelsior appears to run fine without the driver, but when powering your system down OS X pulls power from the PCIe card a bit too early; so the Accelsior doesn't quite have the chance to fully write cached changes to disk. So every time you power down you are one step closer to corrupting your drive (if you don't have the driver installed):

http://macperformanceguide.com/blog/2013/20131008_1-Accelsior-driver.html

I'm pretty sure this is what happened to me yesterday on my 480GB E2; and probably caused me quite a number of corruptions on my earlier 128GB original Accelsior. The scary thing is that OS X Journaled file system is good enough at auto-repairing issues that you can go quite a while without realizing you are one unlucky moment from corruption.

This particular line from that blog might be of interest to anyone using a RAID card:

The power cut issue would apply to any PCIe card that needs time to do housekeeping before the power is cut, e.g. a hardware RAID card or other PCIe SSD.

I wonder if this driver could/should be installed on other RAID users systems? Or Apple could fix this OS X bug. Windows doesn't have this issue. It seems to only apply to internal PCIe slots (not those over thunderbolt). I guess users with internal PCIe slots aren't really a priority for Apple anymore; as this bug seems to have persisted across several major OS X releases.

Hi Shiloh,

Just got back from a week in Europe,
Bringing you up to speed on this issue.

Have done as requested:
Plesae open the config.plist in textedit and change:

<true/>

Has cured the failed stuff, and logs on to
iMessage and faceTime but does not recognise my contacts, they are not registered with iMessage.

I will now catchup with the last weeks replies.
The failed message doesn't matter. I still don't recommend inject system ID because it can change on you.

@MK500,
Sorry to hear about all that. If you suspect that PCI-E drive has been the culprit of your data corruption issue, I'd personally just use it as a scratch disc or move your:

DesktopDocuments
Downloads
Movies
Music
Pictures
Public

folders, from your Home folder, to it with symbolic links and set up a fast SATA SSD for your OS. That way the OS shouldn't be reading or writing to it when it cuts power before full shut down.

Hi Shilohh,

I used Apple's updates and got a black screen when I tried to boot. Do you know what I can do in the future to avoid this?

I did not get that far ahead in reinstalling all my apps so I just erased my drive again. This time I'm having problems with Wifi and sound again. I can't seem to install the drivers for some reason. Anyway, this is the message I get when I used your instructions for sound. Maybe I did something wrong with the DSDT? . My BIOS audio is not disabled but I will double check

IMG_20151107_223213.jpg

Here is the message I get when I run the command in terminal. I checked the smuuid my config.plist and the last 12 digits of my ethernet address was correct. Any ideas what's up? Great build, I just keep making dumb mistakes for some reason.

Thanks

Hi Shilohh,

Reverted to False Inject System ID,

reboot, no more sandbox 100's of lines

Had to log into iCloud "twice" and now both iMessage and FaceTime are working as before pre Capitain

thanks,

now to check out other items, cheers for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back