Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Shilooh the OS runs well now, only sometimes my PC reboots without any sign. I will look up the new Clover that came out today. Report in later.

Thanks Shilooh the OS runs well now, only sometimes my PC reboots without any sign. I will look up the new Clover that came out today. Report in later.
Is your CPU overclocked?

Someone made me an ssdt-0 after i gave him my dsdt (not sure, i'm a newb at ssdt/dsdt). Along with your usb2fix ssdt, install screen showed right away. Thanks again:D

Hi guys.

Been trying a fresh install for a few days but with no luck.

i basically get stuck on booting when trying to create my own dsdt (F4). I keep getting the following panic.
any ideas what it could be?

image.jpg

:thumbup:

Hi guys.

Been trying a fresh install for a few days but with no luck.

i basically get stuck on booting when trying to create my own dsdt (F4). I keep getting the following panic.
any ideas what it could be

:thumbup:
That looks like the panic caused by 10.11's new USB kexts. Are you using the new files? The new acpi files are not compatible with the older dsdt patch lists so make sure you've deleted the old dsdt or use dsdt=no in the GUI.

That looks like the panic caused by 10.11's new USB kexts. Are you using the new files? The new acpi files are not compatible with the older dsdt patch lists so make sure you've deleted the old dsdt or use dsdt=no in the GUI.

Unf. that boot argument didn't work. Still same result.
i feel that the guide is not fully compatible for the R4E? I just followed all the steps as illustrated.

Unf. that boot argument didn't work. Still same result.
i feel that the guide is not fully compatible for the R4E? I just followed all the steps as illustrated.
The ACPI files for 10.11 are not compatible with the files from 10.10 or before. I admit I had had some mistakes with the R4E and 3930K files as don't run this hardware to test with but several people here have installed 10.11 on the R4E. I'm almost positive that I have all the kinks worked out for the R4E. My guess, based on the panic that you are seeing, looks like you have a conflicting DSDT from 10.10 which will cause the new SSDT-0 (fixes usb2) not to load. If you do have your old dsdt from 10.10 in the efi/clover/acpi/patched folder of your boot drive or the USB installer, you need to delete it.

Just finished fresh install of El Capitan. All went well but I had to repeatedly reboot to get the installer USB to load. Same action for second part of installation and every time I needed to use the USB for booting. No problem after completing all the installation steps.

Anyone using onboard Bluetooth on the R4BE? I used it with Yosemite.

Again thanks to all who contributed their time and efforts selflessly, especially Shilohh!

Last edited:
Just finished fresh install of El Capitan. All went well but I had to repeatedly reboot to get the installer USB to load. Same action for second part of installation and every time I needed to use the USB for booting. No problem after completing all the installation steps.

Anyone using onboard Bluetooth on the R4BE? I used it with Yosemite.

Again thanks to all who contributed their time and efforts selflessly, especially Shilohh!
I just made a small change to the two SSDT-0.aml files. Could you please place the appropriate new one in the EFI of your USB installer and see if you encounter the same issue? I'm still on the road away from my hack to test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back