Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which files do i need to replace to try out the changes? I can test it.
I compared all the files and i think the only thing that changes is the code referring to CPU Power management in the config.plist. True Shiloh?
So i copy pasted only that part. Will reboot now. If i do not write back you guys know why!! Haha! : )

... it worked! Power management now after os update without any patch working. Only did the AGDP Fix.
Good Shiloh!!

Which files do i need to replace to try out the changes? I can test it.
I compared all the files and i think the only thing that changes is the code referring to CPU Power management in the config.plist. True Shiloh?
So i copy pasted only that part. Will reboot now. If i do not write back you guys know why!! Haha! : )

... it worked! Power management now after os update without any patch working. Only did the AGDP Fix.
Good Shiloh!!

AudioCream,

As Shilloh said he had amended the config.plist for the 3930k, therefore what I need to do is to use the grey one config.plist and use the 10.11 AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext to test it, am I correct?

Thanks.

Hey 3930K users, MK500 briefly tested the new files. No more kernel panic! Yay!

The config.plist has code in it to patch the 10.11 AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext automatically at every boot so you won't need to reinstall the patched kext at OS updates (unless they drastically change things again which I doubt they'll do in el capitans minor dot updates).

@audiocream and baybaymac,
If you guys want to test, you will need to replace the patched 10.10 kext you guys installed with the original AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from El Capitan. If you didn't back it up first, then you'll need to either get it from another user or reinstall el cap over the top of your current install. If I were at home I'd upload it for you and then you could install it with kextbeast.

EDIT: Could someone please copy their unmodified AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from /S/L/E to their desktop, zip it and post it here for these guys?

Hey 3930K users, MK500 briefly tested the new files. No more kernel panic! Yay!

The config.plist has code in it to patch the 10.11 AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext automatically at every boot so you won't need to reinstall the patched kext at OS updates (unless they drastically change things again which I doubt they'll do in el capitans minor dot updates).

@audiocream and baybaymac,
If you guys want to test, you will need to replace the patched 10.10 kext you guys installed with the original AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from El Capitan. If you didn't back it up first, then you'll need to either get it from another user or reinstall el cap over the top of your current install. If I were at home I'd upload it for you and then you could install it with kextbeast.

EDIT: Could someone please copy their unmodified AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from /S/L/E to their desktop, zip it and post it here for these guys?

Shilohh,

It works!!!!!! I just re-edited my config.plist with the new scripts part and put it back the 10.11 AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext back to /S/L/E. See the attached result. I also attached my config.plist for you as the audio part for R4E is ALC898 instead of ALC1150.

Many thanks for you work.

Cheers.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 10.23.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 10.23.27 AM.png
    284.8 KB · Views: 92
  • config.plist
    8.3 KB · Views: 221
Shilohh,

It works!!!!!! I just re-edited my config.plist with the new scripts part and put it back the 10.11 AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext back to /S/L/E. See the attached result. I also attached my config.plist for you as the audio part for R4E is ALC898 instead of ALC1150.

Many thanks for you work.

Cheers.
I thought I fixed the R4E audio kext patch. I must have missed it in the 3930K. Dang it! I really screwed this update up. I'll fix the R4E audio when I reach a place that I can get internet to my laptop again. Sorry

I'm hoping shilohh or someone here may be able to help me out with the AppleUSBXHCI kext that I can't get to load in El Capitan. I've had lots of issues trying to make USB3 work on my Rampage 4 Extreme using GenericUSBXHCI kext pre-El Capitan. Basically it just wasn't reliable (would not recognize drives at times or interrupt in the middle of a large file transfer). So I bit the bullet and purchased the ORICO PVU3 202I USB3.0 PCI-Express card (confirmed to work OOB with native drivers) mentioned in another thread. When booted in Yosemite 10.10.5 it does work, system profiler indicates that the host driver for USB3 is AppleUSBXHCI. Booted in El Cap however, system profiler only sees USB2.0 and doesn't see the above mentioned PCI Express card. In Yosemite, the AppleUSBXHCI kext was located in the plugins folder inside IOUSBFamily kext. In El Cap, the AppleUSBXHCI kext is in the plugins folder of another kext called IOUSBHostFamily. When I check under extensions in system profiler it lists the AppleUSBXHCI kext but indicates that it's not loaded. Does anyone know of a way to get this kext to load during boot in El Capitan?

Thanks!

@kyphotog,

Please post a ioreg and saved system profile from Yos and one from El Cap. Can try and inject it with different (Apple supported) device id. Also, if the device is advertised to work in Mac, contact them.

The SSDT-9 I provided is for 4930K 6 core. You should delete it and make your own using pikeralpha's ssdtPRGen.sh
Oh, I see. I will just continue using the SSDT I already generated then.

Since there was so much talk about SSDT-9 I started to wonder if I was missing something special.

Good to know that's not the case. :)

Helloooo. I just can't get this thing to boot so I can install el capitan. Tried about every combination of commands (npci=0x2000, graphicsenabler=yes/no, pcirootuid=0, usekernelcache=no, nv_disable=1, -v)and they all end up at "still waiting for root device". Using -x gets me to another page where it says "error allocating 0x4767 pages.. and "error loading kernel cache". tried using the asusx79 zip's r4e kexts, config.plist, ssdt's and usb2fix zip too. Also tried different usb2 and usb3 sticks. No change. I know this is mainly a thread about the Extreme motherboard, but i'm sure someone must've tried this guide with a Formula...

@kyphotog,

Please post a ioreg and saved system profile from Yos and one from El Cap. Can try and inject it with different (Apple supported) device id. Also, if the device is advertised to work in Mac, contact them.

Thanks shilohh for taking the time. The device is not advertised to work with OS X although someone posted that it worked OOB in another thread. However, when I mentioned in that thread that it works for me in Yosemite but not El Cap, someone chimed in that he had the same experience with the ORICO card and couldn't get it to work in El Cap either. There is a second card mentioned in that thread that one user vouches for, an Inateck KT4006 that works for him OOB in El Cap using native drivers. I went ahead and ordered one as it wasn't too expensive and USB3 is important to me as a photographer/videographer that needs to download high capacity memory cards quickly. I should have the Inateck card next week and will report back here if it works as it may be a painless solution for who need USB3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back