Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a great vacation. Thanks for all the help. I have two X79-Deluxe motherboards and my Son has a P9X79 Pro with the same processor that you have i7-4930K. My SSD drive boots up on his system without any issues. I know its not the processor but I had to try anyhow and swap them out to see what happened, and on my system kernel panic.

Tried my second Asus X79-Deluxe same problem. Swapped out video card EVGA GTX 770 with a EVGA GT 640 no change. Tried my son's memory same thing no change. Removed all headers and tried your suggestion and even boot without any mouse or keyboard connected. Tried 3 different BIOS, 0701. 0801 and the current one 0902.

Now the killer part is I have been PM a user from another site Hangten and he has the exact same motherboard with a 4 core i7-4820K and does not have the Panic. I have to see what his exact Bios settings are and which kexts he is running and I can get back to you.

If its a Bios/ACPI bug I could understand that but why its not happening to this other user with an Asus X79-Deluxe is completely beyond me!!

Thanks again!!

Hi Audiocream,

Grateful if you could upload the said AppleIntelCpuPowermanagement.kext for me to have a try as I cannot figure it out the speedstep at the moment. It sticks to 3.2G at all cores as I overclock it to 4.2G. It works in Yosemite but in Captain it doesn't. I cannot use the new config.plist for 3930K because it gets panic when reboot. I have tried different combination with the SSDT-9 and my own created SSDT.aml, again it doesn't work. I figure it out that when I use the new config.plist the system hangs. Reading that you said you have combined the two kext and it works so I want to have a try.

Many thanks.

Hi bros,

Does anyone can help me to solve the panic whenever I tried to enable the Apple Power Management with Clover scripts? At the moment I can boot up with the system without a problem. My DSDT patched with DSDT stripper with only 4 errors but I just deleted the objects where it said "object doesn't exit" and then complied without any error. At the moment, my system is OK but no power management is run. HWmonitor shows only at all cores 32 but I overclocked to 4200. Other than that works.

At the Clover ACPI folder I can only use my DSDT.aml to boot up without a problem.

Devices work as follows:

GTX 670 2GB card (OOB)
Sound works (ALC 898)
Rocketraid 4320 Raid card (Driver installed)
PCIe Hand-off Wifi and Bluetooth card (need a correct DSDT.aml to enable the bluetooth)
PCIe Firewire 800 card (OOB)
FL 1100 USB 3.0 card (OOB)

I tried to figure it out but in vain. The verdict is that whenever I use

"KextsToPatch" code for speedstep and the "SSDT-9.aml" and the correlated config.plist, it will get panic. I did install the x79...kext. into system\library\extension\ and rebuild cache. Even if I create my own SSDT.aml the result is the same. Delete the said patch code in my config.plist, it boots up again without any issue.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Attachments

• 20151011_122816.jpg
    20151011_122816.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 87
BayBayMac:
1 I attached my whole EFI directory. So you can try to copy the whole thing and would need to change only the Mac Serial Number and the SMUUID in the config.plist (also the default volume which has the id of my hard disk). It is set for the 3930K at 4.2 GHZ speed stepping with the Geforce GTX680 in the first PCIE Slot and a
TPLink Card for Wifi in the 5th Slot. Also i have a Bluetooth USB dongle next to the onboard USB dongle.
I use a Motu Audio Card via USB but that should not make a difference.

If you have your own DSDT just replace mine, or try first with mine and replace later.
Latest Clover version first installed on a USB Stick then copied the ZIP files over there.

2 I attached the Powermanagement and Speed-step which you need to install from the desktop running KextBeast.

3 I do not use the Onboard sound so i just disable it in BIOS, i would also try disabling sound and bluetooth in BIOS.

4 Sleep is working one time only, the 2nd time it does not go to sleep. I do not care as i shutdown or use the PC.

Blessings!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.2 MB · Views: 98
  • AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip
    87.9 KB · Views: 82
  • X79MacPro61SpeedStep.kext.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 92
BayBayMac:
1 I attached my whole EFI directory. So you can try to copy the whole thing and would need to change only the Mac Serial Number and the SMUUID in the config.plist (also the default volume which has the id of my hard disk). It is set for the 3930K at 4.2 GHZ speed stepping with the Geforce GTX680 in the first PCIE Slot and a
TPLink Card for Wifi in the 5th Slot. Also i have a Bluetooth USB dongle next to the onboard USB dongle.
I use a Motu Audio Card via USB but that should not make a difference.

If you have your own DSDT just replace mine, or try first with mine and replace later.
Latest Clover version first installed on a USB Stick then copied the ZIP files over there.

2 I attached the Powermanagement and Speed-step which you need to install from the desktop running KextBeast.

3 I do not use the Onboard sound so i just disable it in BIOS, i would also try disabling sound and bluetooth in BIOS.

4 Sleep is working one time only, the 2nd time it does not go to sleep. I do not care as i shutdown or use the PC.

Blessings!

AudioCream,

Many thanks for your help. I tried a whole day doing the resetting things but in vain. I hope I can grab a little hints from your files.

Cheers.

Big apologies to 3930K users! I must have made a mistake in the new R4E 3930K files. I don't use that board and CPU anymore so I can't actually test the files. I'm on a road trip for a long time and I doubt I'll be able to do much till I get back.

Hey Audiocream, want to do some testing and help me try to figure out what I screwed up?

Hello AudioCream,

Thank you very much for your help. I finally solve the problem of my PC. The key is the AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext. I guess you use 10.10.5 version instead of the Capitan's one. Your DSDT.aml doesn't work for me. I use my own DSDT.aml together with shillohh's provided config.plist, SSDT-9.aml and the x79xxxx.kext. My DSDT has complied DSDT stripper and R4E patches. 4 errors were found as I said before I deleted the "Object doesn't exit" which is correlated to "DM12" in the DSDT.aml. Now I have 3 state from 12, 24 and 42 PM as I can remember. I hope R4E 3930K users can take this point for the installation of El Capitan. I will point out my experience of the installation to a new thread for all users in order to help others for the community.

Again, thanks shillohh's work for us.

Cheers.

@BayBayMac, Np, surely you do great good stuff with your machine now!
@Shilooh Sure, what do you need me to do? One is always grateful to be of service. Blessings!

I think I figured out what I screwed up in the 3930K files. I added the appleIntelCPUPowerManagement find and replace data from 10.10 to the KextsToPatch section of the config.plist. Stinga11 has released values for 10.11. Patching the 10.11 kext with the 10.10 values is probably causing the panic.

For now 3930K users should use Audiocream's kext and the standard config.plist. The ssdt-9 for the 3930K should be correct though.

Thanks to MK500, Audiocream and baybaymac

EDIT: I stopped at an internet coffee shop and downloaded and edited the files for the 3930K. Can anyone with a 3930K can confirm that they work? They can NOT be used with the 10.10 patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext! You need to have the OEM unchanged 10.11 AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

shilohh, I am currently running 10.10 successfully and taking a preliminary look look at 10.11. I have been using your guide as a base for almost a year now.

I am curious though, will my choice of processor (4820K) require some special handling during install?

While I am not ready to upgrade to 10.11 yet, I do like being prepared. :)

shilohh, I am currently running 10.10 successfully and taking a preliminary look look at 10.11. I have been using your guide as a base for almost a year now.

I am curious though, will my choice of processor (4820K) require some special handling during install?

While I am not ready to upgrade to 10.11 yet, I do like being prepared. :)
The SSDT-9 I provided is for 4930K 6 core. You should delete it and make your own using pikeralpha's [h=1]ssdtPRGen.sh[/h]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back