Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
shilohh I ended up figuring it all out! thank you so much for this build and your constant support. Really, really appreciate it! About to run a Geekbench and will post the results!

e: sound, internet all working

e2: only thing is that About Mac shows I have an Intel 6-core Xeon E5.... Don't see where to change this in Chameleon Wizard. any ideas?

Hi Shilohh,

great work! Very nice build. It was only after I saw your build that I decided to try it myself.

I bought exactly the same components. I just couldn't find G.SKILL Ripjaws RAM here in Prague (Czech Republic, Europe) so I bought Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR3 1866MHz CL9. Oh, yeah and Corsair AX860 instead of OCZ 850.

I followed carefully your installation instructions step by step and managed to install everything just fine but when I restart after the last step (DSDT creation in MacIASL) computer starts booting and then shows Mac OS X with spinning wheel for a second and then the monitor goes black (no signal).

My BIOS version is 4901 and GTX770 is in the x16 slot nr. 1. I installed Mac OS 10.9.4 and used the latest Nvidia web driver. VT-d and CSM are disabled in BIOS.

Can you please help me troubleshoot my system.

Thanks

Hi Shilohh,

great work! Very nice build. It was only after I saw your build that I decided to try it myself.

I bought exactly the same components. I just couldn't find G.SKILL Ripjaws RAM here in Prague (Czech Republic, Europe) so I bought Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR3 1866MHz CL9. Oh, yeah and Corsair AX860 instead of OCZ 850.

I followed carefully your installation instructions step by step and managed to install everything just fine but when I restart after the last step (DSDT creation in MacIASL) computer starts booting and then shows Mac OS X with spinning wheel for a second and then the monitor goes black (no signal).

My BIOS version is 4901 and GTX770 is in the x16 slot nr. 1. I installed Mac OS 10.9.4 and used the latest Nvidia web driver. VT-d and CSM are disabled in BIOS.

Thanks

You shouldnt be using the web driver with gtx 770, just make sure that the config.plist in your bootdrive clover doeesnt have the boot argument "nvda_drv=1". your card should work natively. without the bootflag or the webdriver.

You shouldnt be using the web driver with gtx 770, just make sure that the config.plist in your bootdrive clover doeesnt have the boot argument "nvda_drv=1". your card should work natively. without the bootflag or the webdriver.

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried without the web driver with exactly the same results.

pty2k8, did you change the Profile in BIOS to XMP for the RAM?

Thanks
First lets see if it's graphics related. Try to boot with the boot arg nv_disable=1
nv_disable=1.jpg

FYI -- IF you are using a PCI-E SSD, you MUST set CSM in BIOS to AUTO, nothing else will work. - might want to add this somewhere shilohh since PCI-E SSDs are getting super fast

Also, if anyone is doing this on a commercial level with a pre-existing disk image, I got it to work FLAWLESSLY (and we're talking thousands of apps and configs and preferences and server preferences, etc.) you need to use Migration Assistant, then boot from USB CLOVER again, then install clover to the SSD and re-apply shilohh's files. I did not need to re-do smbios.plist, but did have to re-apply DSDT.aml

e2: Hey, has anyone used Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 64GB 2133mhz with this build? That's what I have, and it works 80% of the time, but occasionally booting up will show Overclocking Failed error, or ill get infinite spinning wheel of death. When I reboot it will run fine again.... I have tried tweaking a few things in my Ai Overclock settings, but if I set to manual I can't even get to BIOS, computer just keeps restarting.

pty2k8, did you change the Profile in BIOS to XMP for the RAM?
No, I stayed with the Optimized Defaults. No OC. Memory runs at 1333.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back