Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the heads up and sorry I haven't addressed it till now. I finally installed Sierra on my R4BE system and found I had no WiFi as well. The kext in 10.12+ wouldn't load without binary patches. It should now be safe to update to 10.12.3 and remove FakePCIID and the WiFi kexts you installed. See credits at the bottom of the OP if you'd like to know who is responsible for the patches.

any chance this can work for the RIVE?

I resorted to using Optical line out so I have Disabled CSM, certain thing just run better, I noticed that my sensors all seem to be less erratic and one major note is that both GPU fan speeds report now, with CSM enabled one would always report 19rpm

64bit 4.8ghz CSM Disabled
64.png

32bit 4.8ghz CSM Disabled
32.png

any chance this can work for the RIVE?

I resorted to using Optical line out so I have Disabled CSM, certain thing just run better, I noticed that my sensors all seem to be less erratic and one major note is that both GPU fan speeds report now, with CSM enabled one would always report 19rpm

64bit 4.8ghz CSM Disabled
View attachment 237821

32bit 4.8ghz CSM DisabledView attachment 237822
The mentioned WiFi fix is for the built in WiFi on the RIVBE. My RIVE has a PCI Wifi card that requires no kext patches.

So is it HDMI audio that's causing the issue? I'm not sure why optical audio would effect anything. Can you elaborate?

The mentioned WiFi fix is for the built in WiFi on the RIVBE. My RIVE has a PCI Wifi card that requires no kext patches.

So is it HDMI audio that's causing the issue? I'm not sure why optical audio would effect anything. Can you elaborate?

I was simply stating that when I ran those two GB's I had CSM disabled and noted that the system runs better this way, as my previous issue with no HDMI audio-CSM disabled led me switching to optical audio so I had sound when running this way is all

And I was asking about that WiFi fix if it was workable on the RIVE as well as I have no WiFi

I should just start from scratch again with the updated guide, I'm not entirely sure everything worked out when i updated the files

I was simply stating that when I ran those two GB's I had CSM disabled and noted that the system runs better this way, as my previous issue with no HDMI audio-CSM disabled led me switching to optical audio so I had sound when running this way is all

And I was asking about that WiFi fix if it was workable on the RIVE as well as I have no WiFi
Oh I see. I got confused. So with CSM disabled, the only issue is that HDMI Audio doesn't work. Sorry been focusing on too many peoples issues.

@shilohh When the computer sleep for a long time, I can't wake it up. Only for restar. Can you give me some advice?

And a big thank you for your excellent guides, I've been following this for years and they have helped me a great deal.

(R4BE, I7-3970X, GTX 980TI , KLEVV 4G*8)

I've been following this guide since Yosemite and everything's been working great. Did a clean install of Sierra with this new guide which went smoothly. The only strange behaviour is sleep. Whether I use the Apple drop down menu or Energy Saver preference, the machine enters sleep but then almost immediately wakes up. If I don't touch the machine, it will enter sleep a second time after the time selected in Energy Saver and remain asleep. Anyone else have this strange behaviour?

I've been following this guide since Yosemite and everything's been working great. Did a clean install of Sierra with this new guide which went smoothly. The only strange behaviour is sleep. Whether I use the Apple drop down menu or Energy Saver preference, the machine enters sleep but then almost immediately wakes up. If I don't touch the machine, it will enter sleep a second time after the time selected in Energy Saver and remain asleep. Anyone else have this strange behaviour?
I haven't experienced anything like this in Sierra. I'd guess it's related to one of your peripherals like a usb hub or something. Try unplugging everything but your mouse and keyboard and monitor to see if it persists.

I haven't experienced anything like this in Sierra. I'd guess it's related to one of your peripherals like a usb hub or something. Try unplugging everything but your mouse and keyboard and monitor to see if it persists.

Thanks Shilohh for your quick response. The only thing I had plugged into a "hub" was my USB bluetooth adapter which was plugged into my Apple keyboard. I removed it and plugged it into one of the USB ports on the back of the computer and now sleep seems to be working as it should.

Many, many thanks to you for this awesome guide. BTW, my Geekbench 3 multi-core score jumped from 25,000+ to over 26,000 with no changes to hardware or BIOS. Just going from El Cap to Sierra!

Thanks for the heads up and sorry I haven't addressed it till now. I finally installed Sierra on my R4BE system and found I had no WiFi as well. The kext in 10.12+ wouldn't load without binary patches. It should now be safe to update to 10.12.3 and remove FakePCIID and the WiFi kexts you installed. See credits at the bottom of the OP if you'd like to know who is responsible for the patches.

Thank you! You don't have to apologize for anything, your guides have done more for my workstation than anything else over the last years. I don't know how much credit guys like you get for all the work you do for the hackintosh community but in my opinion it can't be said enough. That being said, I think I will have to do a clean install when I update to 10.12.3 as I updated to 10.12.2 straight from 10.10.5 and have a weird issue with kernel panics at startup when wifi is activated. Strange thing is that it will boot up properly about 25% of the time.

Thanks dude! You wrote an awesome Guide. I've tried everything to get macOS working on my Machine... But with the help of your Guide I managed it! :)

But I got a last Question.
I think my System runs on 6 Cores... I don't know how to enable Hyper Threading. When I check my BIOS its set to Enabled but in macOS there are just 6 Cores running.

Do you know the answer for my question?

Sincerly xqL666

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back