Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shilohh; you are the best! I was able to boot my installer USB stick right up after apply the changes in the Zip. That's the first time I was able to even get to the installer with El Capitan.

What would we all do without you?

I haven't been using my system for a few months; but I figured I'd give it another go now that El Capitan is out.
Thanks MK500! That means a lot coming from you. If it wasn't for your guide, I may have never built my first hack!

Thanks ya'll for the kind words. I don't have time to overhaul the guide right now but I don't want to keep everyone waiting. I finally worked out a simple solution for the USB2 nightmare that El Cap brought. I won't be answering all the questions until I get a chance to update the guide.

Either clone your boot drive or install to a second drive.

Create your USB installer using the attached files.

Install the newest clover using the attached files.

Install OS X.

Install the newest clover to your El Capitan boot drive using the attached files.

Install the X79MacPro61SpeedStep.kext using kextbeast.

Use the "DSDT Stripper for Device SSDT.txt" to create your DSDT.

Run the AGDPfix.app and reboot. DONE.

I'll cover updating your current Yosemite later but if you know what you're doing, just make sure you delete all your old ACPI files and use these new ones. Also delete all the kext you installed including FakeSMC and except for the X79MacPro61SpeedStep.kext and update clover.

I will try to rewrite the guide soon but I need to get some sleep now. :crazy:

Shiolhh,

Thanks for you hard work and I was able to install yesterday night. Just let you know that there were some discrepancies during the installation. System hanged when the last min and needed to be reinstalled once. When reboot, my display card GTX670 could not be properly loaded and it was flicking on the screen. By the way, I cannot solve out the DSDT using Clover as I change it from Multibeast The F4 key pressing during clover ver.3270 GUI appeared shows nothing in my origin folder. I tried the old DSDT extracted from workable 10.10.5 (following your guide as well) and wanted to add the txt scripts but 8 errors surfaced so no save can be done. Another thing I messed up was that I divided my HD into 3 partitions, mixing up with a 10.10.5 backup. What I understand is that the config.plist is to control everything to the OSX so I will do the installation again with a small SSD with only one partition as Mr. Captain builds a recovery drive for us.

By the way, thanks for your hard work again and look forward to following your excellent installation guide soon.

Shiolhh,

Thanks for you hard work and I was able to install yesterday night. Just let you know that there were some discrepancies during the installation. System hanged when the last min and needed to be reinstalled once. When reboot, my display card GTX670 could not be properly loaded and it was flicking on the screen. By the way, I cannot solve out the DSDT using Clover as I change it from Multibeast The F4 key pressing during clover ver.3270 GUI appeared shows nothing in my origin folder. I tried the old DSDT extracted from workable 10.10.5 (following your guide as well) and wanted to add the txt scripts but 8 errors surfaced so no save can be done. Another thing I messed up was that I divided my HD into 3 partitions, mixing up with a 10.10.5 backup. What I understand is that the config.plist is to control everything to the OSX so I will do the installation again with a small SSD with only one partition as Mr. Captain builds a recovery drive for us.

By the way, thanks for your hard work again and look forward to following your excellent installation guide soon.
You will have issues trying to instal Clover as EFI to a drive that you have Chimera or Chameleon already installed on. The legacy boot loaders modify the drive in a way that will cause conflicts if you try to install both. There is a way to do it with Clover for legacy (Chameleon) and EFI but I can't tell you how as I've never tried. To extract the virgin ACPI files to origin, you need to hold the f4 key for a second or 2 while in the clover GUI. If you want to post your files I'll try to take a look at them.

You will have issues trying to instal Clover as EFI to a drive that you have Chimera or Chameleon already installed on. The legacy boot loaders modify the drive in a way that will cause conflicts if you try to install both. There is a way to do it with Clover for legacy (Chameleon) and EFI but I can't tell you how as I've never tried. To extract the virgin ACPI files to origin, you need to hold the f4 key for a second or 2 while in the clover GUI. If you want to post your files I'll try to take a look at them.

Thanks, I will retry it in a couple of days with only one hard drive state. I will let you know then.

Thanks, I will retry it in a couple of days with only one hard drive state. I will let you know then.

Shilohh,

I have attached my DSDT file for you to have a look. This DSDT file is dumped by Clover and did comply the R4E_DSDT.txt with no error. I did the screen capture as well showing the 6 error lines from Macisal when I added the DSDT Stripper for Device SSDT.txt file. Also, I have two LCD working and now only one can display properly, the one connected with Display Port is black, no signal.

Many thanks.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    36.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 6.02.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 6.02.12 PM.png
    188.7 KB · Views: 119
I installed the captain instructed shilohh.

1 - Create the usb
2 - Install el captain in a clean disk
3 - use USB to boot your hard disk where was installed el capitan
4- install clover in hdd and use my old config.plist of Yosemite with my serial and my mlb, etc on the captain, and add copy my SSDT.aml and all PCI Slot SSDT SSDTs R4E and SSDT-9
5 - install nvidia driver and patch web with agdpfix and install cuda
6- run 7.5 multibest and install 3rd AHCI SATA, Intel generic AHCI SATA , 898alc audio, fakesmc with plugins, AppleintelE1000e 2.4.14, X79MacPro61SpeedStep.kext
7 - 10.11 aicpm run patch.command (if not, locked multiplier )

working audio,graphics,cpu speedsteeps,sound,detect x79 sata , trim enable , wifi bluettoh , etc (use macpro6,1 in config.plist)

only 2 - USB 2.0 not work and any USB 3.0

if I use my old dsdt not work usbs
if I run maciasl use DSDT and SSDT Stripper Device for giving me errors
if I do it on my old dsdt use use DSDT and SSDT Stripper Device gives me errors.

do not know how to fix this

My PC

Rampage IV Formula
i7 3930K
16 gbs ram
2- GTX 680 with 3 monitors

shilohh great work by this method , when I solved this most definitely will change.

I have not gotten a dsdt me with all SSDT function properly, you can not use the old dsdt?

sorry for my english

Created USB Installer of El Capitan, booted and installed successfully. After install - network work, no sound and I can't compile my DSDT with "DSDT Stripper for Device SSDT.txt". Got 200+ errors when compile. I think it's because first line of the pacth says
# Asus R4BE BIOSv801 DSDT Stripper by shilohh 10/05/2015
So I think errors because this stripper for Rampage IV Black Edtion?
Also tried to patch with old R4E_DSDT_Patch_10-2014.txt - in this case compiled without errors but no USB at all, I even can't use my keyboard :(

EDIT: audio was solved by using audio_CloverALC script. Now just need right DSDT.

@shilohh,

Thanks again for the great guide. Do you have any issues using smbios MacPro6,1 with Nvdia GTX 770? I get a black screen and the only way I can boot to Desktop using that SMbios is to copy the Board-ID from iMac14,2 and replace that with the Board-Id in the MacPro6,1 smbios.

MacPro6,1 is expecting AMD graphics not Nvidia so that is why I beleive I get the black screen.

Is that what you are doing or maybe some edit in DSDT/SSDT code to get around this?

Will using the board-id from iMac14,2 create any issue with with MacPro6,1 smbios for anything such as power management/speedstep etc?

Thanks

Edited:

I see from your guide you have a AGDPfix.app. So this modifies the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext? So will putting in the Board-id of iMac14,2 and replacing the one for MacPro6,1 not a good idea?

Updated El Cap post: #1713

Sorry everyone. This really wasn't ready for the masses. You can use the guide as usual if you add SSDT-7.aml

@osxfr33k,
The AGDP app should allow you to use MacPro6,1.

Shilohh,

I have attached my DSDT file for you to have a look. This DSDT file is dumped by Clover and did comply the R4E_DSDT.txt with no error. I did the screen capture as well showing the 6 error lines from Macisal when I added the DSDT Stripper for Device SSDT.txt file. Also, I have two LCD working and now only one can display properly, the one connected with Display Port is black, no signal.

Many thanks.
I'm guessing that you are not using bios 4901 and that your oem DSDT is different. I tested the stripper with the virgin DSDT from my old r4e and it gave me 2 errors. I fixed the stripper to be compatible with the r4e but only for bios 4901. You probably won't notice a difference if you just use SSDT-0.aml as it does most of everything that we used to do in the DSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back