Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Shilohh,

Asus P9x79Pro bios 4801
GSkill 4 x 2gb F3-17000CL7-2GBXH
Intel 4930k
Crucial M4 / 550SSD’s
GPU’s a few Gtx580, 280x Gtx750ti

I came across your thread whilst looking for a solution to waking from sleep, My Hack would sleep ok but waking could only be achieved with the power button being depressed.

Seeing as you suggested bios chip caused an issue with your setup, and I had tried most remedies without success so I have one new bios chip on order.

I read the whole thread to see if any other tit bits may help me. Looking at my system, doesn’t follow your spec’s does it.

Having some time on my hands, I set about following your guide in full for a Yosemite Build using GtX580.

nv_disable=1 came to my aid together with droping the “inject flag” Devices/properties, droping the “load bios” and “inject edid” and then Inject Nvidia . Were up and running, Good Start.

Lets try this DSDT thingy (been using ssdt up till now) used the X79D patch first, no errors compiling, but reading through the thread I picked a comment that x79d included ob wifi ReE didn’t so rebuilt DSDT with the R4E_DSDT_Patch again no errors on compiling. Good Again, lets continue.

Time now for ssdt, following your guide had that done.

Result one cracking good hack 4.4ghz giving geek bench 4218, 25693 and cine bench 77.67fps and 1179cb.

Now, I went to make a coffee, came back machine asleep, as I put cup on table moved the mouse, Hack came to life, absolute delight…

thank you Shilohh.:clap::clap::clap:

Will be trying the gtx750ti later as it works fine with 3770k/ geneV

Just to follow up on my BIOS chip situation:

I could never get the new one to work - Really not sure why.
Did everything to a tee and re-flashed, etc, etc and my machine was powering on for a second and then right off all the time. Before even getting to the BIOS or anything.

Anyways, I'm back to my original BIOS chip and the computer continues to work well (I just don't use sleep)

So I grabbed a GTX 980 recently to give a try to again...
Man, I just don't get it.

With a fully working Yosemite install, with NVIDIA's latest Web Drivers already installed, I just straight swapped out my Titan Black for the GTX 980 and could never get Yosemite to boot.

It would always hang on on the Apple logo and not give a progress bar.
Doing Verbose boots would give different points it would hang at, including occasionally at PCI configuration begin (or something like that)

Doing safe mode boots actually crashed the computer while trying to boot to the point where it reset my BIOS settings.

....Swap the Titan Black back in, put the BIOS how it's supposed to be and "voila" - Right into Yosemite with everything working perfectly.

Extremely odd. Perhaps my Rampage Gene IV MoBo doesn't work with these new cards?
Anyone have any other thoughts? (I've actually sent it back, but I find this disconcerting moving forward)

Hi Shilohh !
I will replace my 770 on slot 3 by a 780ti (EVGA) can you send me or tell where i can find the SSDT ?
I see i must install the nvidia web drivers to use this card, but i'm running OS X 10.9.4 and I only found the driver for 10.9.5 on the Nvidia website.
What's the safer way to update my system ? I backup all the system with CCC but i don't know if i must reinstall clover on the backup drive ?

Thanks !
I've come to realize that the same very minimal acpi injection works for all GTX 6xx & 7xx cards. There is an injector kext built in to OS X that handles injection of all the little details. You can use the ones I posted a couple pages back because I don't remember if the ones you have contain the card model (not needed).
http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...0-4gb-success-gtx_6-7xx_slot_1-_2a-2b_-_4.zip

The PCI slots are named as follows:

1st slot = slot 1 (use ssdt-1 and is always the primary [parent])
2nd slot = slot 2a (use ssdt-2)
3rd slot = slot 2b (also use ssdt-2 because it has the same address and u can only use 1 or the other)
4th slot = slot 3 (use ssdt-3)
ect ect ect

So I grabbed a GTX 980 recently to give a try to again...
Man, I just don't get it.

With a fully working Yosemite install, with NVIDIA's latest Web Drivers already installed, I just straight swapped out my Titan Black for the GTX 980 and could never get Yosemite to boot.

It would always hang on on the Apple logo and not give a progress bar.
Doing Verbose boots would give different points it would hang at, including occasionally at PCI configuration begin (or something like that)

Doing safe mode boots actually crashed the computer while trying to boot to the point where it reset my BIOS settings.

....Swap the Titan Black back in, put the BIOS how it's supposed to be and "voila" - Right into Yosemite with everything working perfectly.

Extremely odd. Perhaps my Rampage Gene IV MoBo doesn't work with these new cards?
Anyone have any other thoughts? (I've actually sent it back, but I find this disconcerting moving forward)

To get the Gtx750ti working here,
Firstly I did as you did just swapped out the card, machine booted and did everything correctly, but when changing to final video mode when desktop shows it rebooted.

I finally removed the DSDT.aml file from Clover/efi/acpi/patched rebooted with nv_disable=1 and nvdia injected in clover boot options.

Once in and running remade DSDT.aml and video adjustments in config.sys.

Running latest drivers great,

750ti is showing initial results equal to the GTX 580

with latest drivers, both DVI-I worked as before but now 1 of the HDMI ports also work.

Why the DSDT? don't know Shilohh could have the answer.

good luck with 980 I'm looking to pick one up soon

Great points.

I hadn't even thought about the Dsdt

Why the DSDT? don't know Shilohh could have the answer.
We extract the dsdt (part of the BIOS's acpi tables), patch it and tell the bootloader to load our patched version (which is static and stays the same until we change it) instead of the BIOS's dsdt which is dynamic based on installed hardware and bios settings. Because our patched dsdt is not changed by the bios when we swap pci hardware, the machine may cease to boot because of wrong pci information in our pached dsdt that doesn't match the new hardware.

Hi Shilohh,

Thanks a lot for all the info.. my system is up and running and everything works great for the most part!

I have two questions, one is, what overclocking settings are you running? Do you have any tips? I'm running at 4.4Ghz in XMP mode on my Gene IV, and I'm scoring 20100 in Geekbench tops. The bottleneck seems to be the memory though.. and I'm not sure why.

Also, I have a problem: my computer will turn itself on right after I shut it off. The only way to keep it off is to physically switch off the PSU. I have a Corsair AX860 and I'm wondering what you think could be causing this?
I'd like to figure out if it's hardware because I'm going to be travelling soon, and I won't be able to ship whatever faulty components back then.
What tests can I try?
[[When I switch the PSU back on, the computer turns on for a second, then turns off and finally, after like 5 seconds, turns on and bootstraps. Everything else seems normal. Apparently this is normal with the AX860 after the power is turned off as the capacitors need to recharge.]]
Sleep is a no go — the computer then needs a hard reset (PSU button off, the power button doesn't do anything), followed by overclocking failed message.
And yes, the front panel connections are all good.. the same happens with the power and reset buttons on the mobo.

I guess I'm lucky in that everything works pretty much flawlessly, but it sure is annoying to not be able to turn off the computer!

Thank you again SO MUCH for your awesome guide and I really hope you can help me out!

EDIT: My system isn't fully showing up, so here goes,

Case: Sugo SG10
CPU: 4930K
Mobo: Asus Rampage IV Gene
Memory: 32GB (8GBx4) G.Skill Ripjaws Z 2133MHz
GPU: Gigabyte 780 Ti Ghz Edition
PSU: Corsair AX860
Wifi: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 PCI-E Wifi Adapter
Cooler: Corsair H60

EDIT2: I'm thinking more and more that this may be a faulty PSU.. There is a little bit of coil whine coming from the AX860. :( Any help is appreciated before I send it back.

EDIT 3: {SOLVED} I'm editing this for anyone having my same problem. Long story short, the PSU was fine; it was a faulty motherboard. RMA'd the old one, and had a new one shipped. I would get a 00 debug code and no post at the beginning, but I just used the BIOS flashback feature to update the new mobo to the latest BIOS version, and it started right up. Now everything works great.

Thank you.
I install de Nvidia web drivers and then the 780Ti on slot 3 and it work perfectly.
One question :
I install Kozlek's HWSensors and monitor but i just see my SSD temp an life, and battery level of my trackpad...
Try to uninstall and reinstall, same thing. How can i see the temperatures of the others components ?

@shilohh

My build has been functioning great on Mavericks 10.9.5, should I even risk going to Yosemite?

Also, I am thinking of making certain additions to speed up my performance in Davinci Resolve, tell me what you think.

+34GB more Corsair Dominator 2400mhz
+1 Titan Z
+1 HP Thunderbolt 2 pcie card

Best,

Discomandavis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back