Contribute
Register

HP EliteDesk 800 G2 / HP ProDesk 600 G2 - SUCCESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please help me. I keep on getting this error.

[IGPU] Hash date from ME never returned, status = 1, doing retry #50
[IGPU] Begin Gfx firmware load process
[IGPU] ForceWake Multithread = 0x30002
[IGPU] CONFIG0 (0xD00) = 0x80000000
[IGPU] GT_THREAD_STATUS = 0x400b0000
[IGPU] Doing retry #50

It goes over and over then its stops the display

Hi Everyone :)

Need you guys expert opinion about my issue with HP ProDesk 600 G2 Microtower.

Created Catalina USB with Unibeast and installed it to this machine without any issue

Board: Asus H81M-K
CPU: i5-4590
GPU: HD 4600
RAM: 8GB
SSDs: 128GB x 2
HDD: 500GB

Now when trying the same USB installer on HP ProDesk 600 G2 Microtower

Board: Q150
CPU: i5-6500
GPU: HD 530
RAM: 20GB
SSD: 500GB
HD: 500GB

Using DisplayPort to HDMI for display and it's working good on Windows.

Progress bar slows down after 50% and takes 7-10 minutes to 100% and then stuck there forever.

Tried replacing EFI from OP and some other users with the same result.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone :)

Need you guys expert opinion about my issue with HP ProDesk 600 G2 Microtower.

Created Catalina USB with Unibeast and installed it to this machine without any issue

Board: Asus H81M-K
CPU: i5-4590
GPU: HD 4600
RAM: 8GB
SSDs: 128GB x 2
HDD: 500GB

Now when trying the same USB installer on HP ProDesk 600 G2 Microtower

Board: Q150
CPU: i5-6500
GPU: HD 530
RAM: 20GB
SSD: 500GB
HD: 500GB

Using DisplayPort to HDMI for display and it's working good on Windows.

Progress bar slows down after 50% and takes 7-10 minutes to 100% and then stuck there forever.

Tried replacing EFI from OP and some other users with the same result.
You are using a setup for Haswell on Skylake cpu. That will not work. I am running OpenCore latest on a HP 800 G2 mini 65w i7-6700. Everything is working except sleep. If you know someone getting sleep to work on Skylake, let me know. Also I could give you my setup for the Skylake HP. The tiny version is different from the SFF Skylake. USB ports I guess mostly.

HP Prodesk 600 G2 SFF hackintosh via Tonymacx86 or OpenCore need help!​

HELP

Hi everyone, hope not to bother this community too much. I have several issue that i want to share to learn where I did wrong.

My journey started about 10 years ago with my first hackintosh, I used it until late December. Now I have a new one that works as a charm. With a lot of self confidence, as per previews experiences, I decided to buy a refurbished HP ProDesk 600 G2 machine (without reading any advice) and tried to install Catalina on it. I started with open core, and after the first struggles I was able to install the OS. Solved some post installation issues, but it's not yet as I wanted it. In this case, the biggest problem is the booting time, I have log of my home machine that boot in 4 seconds, this one takes almost 500 seconds. Then RTCFix doesn't work for me... and other small stuff.

So I said to my self, let's try Tonymacx86 guide, read all the the 29 pages forum on this machine, even used the EFI that users gently share, but never reach the installation screen, always something stopped me.

I try to remake the OC installer USB, changing something in the config.plist and kext, ACPI, and others, following the guide and advice success story (of similar machine like 800 G2, or 600 G2 mini) but unsuccessfully.

Can anyone please help me understand where i'm mistaking, what I did wrong?

Attachments

• opencore-2021-05-12-095056.txt
    256 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

HP Prodesk 600 G2 SFF hackintosh via Tonymacx86 or OpenCore need help!​

HELP

Hi everyone, hope not to bother this community too much. I have several issue that i want to share to learn where I did wrong.

My journey started about 10 years ago with my first hackintosh, I used it until late December. Now I have a new one that works as a charm. With a lot of self confidence, as per previews experiences, I decided to buy a refurbished HP ProDesk 600 G2 machine (without reading any advice) and tried to install Catalina on it. I started with open core, and after the first struggles I was able to install the OS. Solved some post installation issues, but it's not yet as I wanted it. In this case, the biggest problem is the booting time, I have log of my home machine that boot in 4 seconds, this one takes almost 500 seconds. Then RTCFix doesn't work for me... and other small stuff.

So I said to my self, let's try Tonymacx86 guide, read all the the 29 pages forum on this machine, even used the EFI that users gently share, but never reach the installation screen, always something stopped me.

I try to remake the OC installer USB, changing something in the config.plist and kext, ACPI, and others, following the guide and advice success story (of similar machine like 800 G2, or 600 G2 mini) but unsuccessfully.

Can anyone please help me understand where i'm mistaking, what I did wrong?
remove debug=0x100 from boot arguments

Thanks for the reply, It works, now it's 40 seconds. I also change opencore files from debug version to release version. Will keep working on it, now I have to fix the Time issue (RTC) and install a usb Wifi dongle. Thanks again.
Is it possible to install Big Sur with the same data?

Thanks for the reply, It works, now it's 40 seconds. I also change opencore files from debug version to release version. Will keep working on it, now I have to fix the Time issue (RTC) and install a usb Wifi dongle. Thanks again.
Is it possible to install Big Sur with the same data?
Let me know if you fix the RTC clock on this one. It works fine on the HP 800 G1 and G4/G5 but not on the G2.

Let me know if you fix the RTC clock on this one. It works fine on the HP 800 G1 and G4/G5 but not on the G2.
I tried what you suggested on page 27, but nothing happens. I got always the same error. I tried with DisableRtcChecksum → True, reboot, change time, reboot a couple of time, but nothing different happened.

So I download the RTCMemoryFixup kext, put on my kext folder (EFI → OC → Kext), and add the string to bootargs (NVRAM → Add → 7C436110-...F82) rtcv_exclude=00-FF but nothing happened.

I realise I didn't add the kext to the kernel...

So I make a copy of the config.plist, and added the kext to the kernel config.plist via Cmd+R (I'm using ProperTree)

Tried 3-4 reboots, but always getting the same startup error.

What did I forget to do?

ps. I installed my USB dongle TL-WN823N v.3 without problem, following this guide. Really easy, TP-Link supported Catalina.

pps. just to be sure, I attached the screen of my post error.

Attachments

• photo5843553708200277965.jpg
    photo5843553708200277965.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
I tried what you suggested on page 27, but nothing happens. I got always the same error. I tried with DisableRtcChecksum → True, reboot, change time, reboot a couple of time, but nothing different happened.

So I download the RTCMemoryFixup kext, put on my kext folder (EFI → OC → Kext), and add the string to bootargs (NVRAM → Add → 7C436110-...F82) rtcv_exclude=00-FF but nothing happened.

I realise I didn't add the kext to the kernel...

So I make a copy of the config.plist, and added the kext to the kernel config.plist via Cmd+R (I'm using ProperTree)

Tried 3-4 reboots, but always getting the same startup error.

What did I forget to do?

ps. I installed my USB dongle TL-WN823N v.3 without problem, following this guide. Really easy, TP-Link supported Catalina.

pps. just to be sure, I attached the screen of my post error.
I wish I could help you but my RTC clock error comes back and goes away for some reboots but comes back. Clearly a MacOS problem because I can reboot many times between Windows and Ubuntu and never get the problem. I have used too much time to fix the RTC clock error and I really gave up. The HP 800 G2 65w i7-6700 is a very nice and fast machine but for a Hackintosh, sorry no. Sleep problems and RTC clock errors are too annoying. I have a fast Lenovo m920x 65w with i5-8500 working with fast NVMe drives and Intel Wifi (AX200) now giving AC speed. Sleep working and no RTC errors!

I have a fast Lenovo m920x 65w with i5-8500 working with fast NVMe drives and Intel Wifi (AX200) now giving AC speed. Sleep working and no RTC errors!
That's the machine I'm going to have next! (when I have more bucks) If you gave up, no way I can fix it, lol, thanks for the help!

We should have some very cheap machine working on here, refurbished laptop or desktop.

Snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back