Contribute
Register

HP EliteDesk 800 G2 / HP ProDesk 600 G2 - SUCCESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok development, in a different thread I think, I read that I can apply the "USB 10.13.6+ by PMHeart" kext patch for the USB. This indeed worked, but I was still using USBInjectAll. So I removed the kext patch and used your USBports.kext, this worked for me but the real time clock error showed up. By hunch, I reapplied the kext patch and this somehow eliminated the real time clock issue on post. Don't know why or how but it worked, so I'm keeping this configuration. Thank you for sharing the EFI files.

Something minor I found was I can't have my logitech wireless receiver on the same side (front or back) where I plug in my USB 3.0 flash reader. It would cause the mouse/keyboard to lag severely. It doesn't do this if I separate them. It also doesn't happen with an external spinning HD. The same problematic flash reader also doesn't interfere with a different thumbpad/mouse combo I have. I'm going to call this good since this 'tosh will be a headless unit anyways.
That was really strange that the USB patch fixed the RTC error. Should not be related to each other. RTC clock writes to ram blocks while the USB patch is for overriding the Apple USB port limit. Very strange! I might make a try anyway.

That was really strange that the USB patch fixed the RTC error. Should not be related to each other. RTC clock writes to ram blocks while the USB patch is for overriding the Apple USB port limit. Very strange! I might make a try anyway.

I think there were reports of RTC error going away after a couple of reboots? Or maybe that was something else, can't remember now, all the threads are merging into one in my head. But as soon as i removed the USB patch after using your kext, I got the RTC error. I tested by adding it back, no RTC error, remove, RTC error, added back, gone. I didn't test multiple reboots without USB patch.

I think there were reports of RTC error going away after a couple of reboots? Or maybe that was something else, can't remember now, all the threads are merging into one in my head. But as soon as i removed the USB patch after using your kext, I got the RTC error. I tested by adding it back, no RTC error, remove, RTC error, added back, gone. I didn't test multiple reboots without USB patch.
Strange. After OpenCore 0.6.1 and the RTCfixup.kext I have no more RTC errors. At least not for many days and several restarts. Will see I this endures. Now if only we could get sleep to work on this one it would be a perfect Mac Mini. I can live with the screen saver but would so much like it to sleep like my other Haswell mini-PCs.

I just finished install to HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Mini by Opencore 0.6.1, after switch DP port and testing out sleep (no wake no signal to LCD) RTC error comes up. I search some intel Wi-Fi work as AC7260, 8265, 9260 etc, but I got 8260 can't get Wi-Fi to work, only bluetooth show up.

I just finished install to HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Mini by Opencore 0.6.1, after switch DP port and testing out sleep (no wake no signal to LCD) RTC error comes up. I search some intel Wi-Fi work as AC7260, 8265, 9260 etc, but I got 8260 can't get Wi-Fi to work, only bluetooth show up.
Try first config.plist -> Kernel -> Quirks -> DisableRtcChecksum -> true (need a couple of restarts and maybe update time/date in bios)
It that does not help try to add the RTCMemoryFixup.kext to your kext folder and add this in boot-args: rtcfx_exclude=00-FF
If this helps (may need a couple of reboots) then you must narrow down the exclude range. Some more info here also: https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/765

Try first config.plist -> Kernel -> Quirks -> DisableRtcChecksum -> true (need a couple of restarts and maybe update time/date in bios)
It that does not help try to add the RTCMemoryFixup.kext to your kext folder and add this in boot-args: rtcfx_exclude=00-FF
If this helps (may need a couple of reboots) then you must narrow down the exclude range. Some more info here also: https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/765
Thanks@asleb, in fact, I check back the EFI Folder I was using your EFI. So whatever you have the "sleep waking and RTC error issue, they are doing the same on my machine. :p
I may replace a fully support Wi-Fi device on next.

finally get my intel 8260 wifi working by Heliport and itlwm.kext. intelwifi.png

Does someone could install Big Sur? My installation stucked and i had to reinstall catalina ..

Does someone could install Big Sur? My installation stucked and i had to reinstall catalina ..
I had no problems updating to Big Sur. I am running OpenCore 0.6.3. First I updated all kexts with Kext Updater, then ran the OpenCore sanity checker (https://opencore.slowgeek.com/) and updated OpenCore files. Note I still have some complains in the sanity checker that I have to keep that way. What wifi card are you using? I am running Intel 9260 with the itlwm.kext and bluetooth kexts.

Hey, i'm also running OC 0.6.3. Im using the EFI of sakoula. Dont have Wifi and Bluetooth yet - it's my first Hackintosh :) Do i have to change the config.plist for Big Sur?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 149
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back