Contribute
Register

How to Create a macOS High Sierra Public Beta Installation USB

Once you have downloaded the "stub" from the App Store and found it is not the full package, try deleting the app and the empty trash. Then, go to App Store, log in and click on the Purchased tab. The app should be listed there and you can download it.
Thank you sooooo much man, now the installer looks much better sizewise :p

Code:
Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app does not appear to be a valid OS installer application.
Try download "macOS Install Data" two times. Install macOS High Sierra Beta is in Applications and macOS Install Data is in the macos root partition.
Any ideas?

Edited: Read some Blog comment that the pen must be named "Untitled". It works, i mean no more the error above. This is on the Public Beta. But new erro:
Code:
Failed to copy kernelcache, The file “prelinkedkernel” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.
Thanks man for your input. But the problem is, when I download finished within a minute, the size of installer inside /Applications is only 14.5MB. I think I supposed to get about 4.90GB, No? My question is how can I download Installer sized 4.90GB. Good hack:headbang:
Hi, I had the same problem and solved it thanks to @Going Bald (see reply #64), if you try deleting "Install macOS High Sierra" from application folder, then revisit App Store and try download it again from "Purchased", the installer will be intact around 5.18G. if you do not see it under purchased, try re-install macOS Public Beta Access Utility again and it will automatically shows up in App Store. Good luck with that!

Here's the original quote from Going Bald: Once you have downloaded the "stub" from the App Store and found it is not the full package, try deleting the app and the empty trash. Then, go to App Store, log in and click on the Purchased tab. The app should be listed there and you can download it.

The steps for installing is says to use config.plist examples but I don't see a link to them. Where would those be, or are they not needed now?
Use the same config.plist you had for Sierra. Then add the new FakeSMC and your network kext.

Looks like I finally have most everything running. I could not get my ethernet working so I switched to a usb ethernet adapter. When I ran migration assistant my ethernet driver loaded and now my ethernet is working. Still missing a couple of usb ports. This can only get better. Thanks tonymacx86.com!

Had no issues at all installing, updated Clover and added APFS.efi then added a partition to my SSD boot drive witch I converted to APFS during the installation. The only thing I'm missing are accelerated graphics and sound.

Does the nVidia web drivers work with this?

Finally have build 17A291j booted via SATA SSD thanks Dr. Drum!! NVIDIA drivers do not seem to work ATM. Looking for a solution. Is there a way to force 4k Resolution?

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 4.25.41 PM.png

I have followed the first post and I installed High Sierra but in the first boot after installation, got a black screen. I think it is a graphic problem because i can see the login screen a second but then go to black. Where the last FakeSMC.kext. I download from here but i dont now it is the last version. My MB ASUS Z170M Plus
If you downloaded from the forum Downloads->kexts site then you have the latest. 3 test installations I did yesterday proves it works.

But does it work without Fake CPU ID for 7700k? Would be real nice if High Sierra Beta is supporting this CPU or in general Kaby Lake CPU´s .

But does it work without Fake CPU ID for 7700k? Would be real nice if High Sierra Beta is supporting this CPU or in general Kaby Lake CPU´s .

Native Kaby Lake support in 10.12.6+ (and 10.13.x).

Back