Contribute
Register

How to Create a macOS High Sierra Public Beta Installation USB

Hi. I made the Bootable USB High Sierra and installed it. At the last part of the installation i get this error ( see picture). What did I do wrong?

Please help me
IMG_3406.JPG

The keys on all installations is three
a) compatible GPU
b) right usb port
c) follow the instructions and latest tools - files.

(d) Give time to installation to working)

Do you guya also know how to configure AMD r9 280 GPU with Sierra?

I am working on installing it now. For me, Step 1 and Step 2 are different than you describe. After I signed up for public beta I downloaded macOS, it was only 14mb, much too small. When I tried to run it, it said my recovery disc was corrupted. I went back and registered my Mac on the public beta site and then tried again, and it started to download and install onto the USB drive. Since it says it's installing onto the USB drive, I'm not sure this will work as an installer.

Created the USB High Sierra USB here successfully but look what I'm greeted with before the boot process is finished. Used the config.sample.plist. Installed clover 2.4K r4097 onto it also. I'm on the Intel 530 here with a sysdef of iMac 17,1.

View attachment 264498

Turns out the problem was I was impatient. All I had to do was wait a bit more for the login window to appear. However, after the install it took forever to boot so I aborted the process and reverted back to 10.12.5 here. I'll wait until things progress more before giving it another shot.

have noticed a few peeps saying the new file system is not that good
There is some noticeable glitches with Finder, also that Metal 2 is gaining nothing over Metal 1, lets hope this is because its a pre-release version... The good thing is that it supports Polaris and NVMe OOB.

I finally got High Sierra to install. I had to give up on APFS and stick with GUID. Clover kept losing the drive when it was formatted APFS. I loaded APFS.efi, and I have an SSD. I wasted Saturday trying to get APFS to work.

My question is concerning post install. Is there a way to make High Sierra usable? Will MultiBeast work? Currently, I have a nice system to look at that I have to boot from a USB stick. No graphics drivers and no internet. Any help would be appreciated.

I finally got High Sierra to install. I had to give up on APFS and stick with GUID. Clover kept losing the drive when it was formatted APFS. I loaded APFS.efi, and I have an SSD. I wasted Saturday trying to get APFS to work.

My question is concerning post install. Is there a way to make High Sierra usable? Will MultiBeast work? Currently, I have a nice system to look at that I have to boot from a USB stick. No graphics drivers and no internet. Any help would be appreciated.

If you're having to use the USB stick to boot up, why don't you just copy the EFI folder from the stick to the EFI partition of the SSD disk (after deleting the one there).

The steps for installing is says to use config.plist examples but I don't see a link to them. Where would those be, or are they not needed now?

In the 1st post toward the bottom. Of course you'll have to be logged in to download either. See below taken from the 1st post. See the Attached Files area? :)

Screen Shot 2017-07-02 at 4.57.41 PM.png

Back