Contribute
Register

How to Create a macOS High Sierra Public Beta Installation USB

Hi, is there any way to utilise Nvidia graphics cards on High Sierra???

I currently have a working Sierra system and want to keep using my GPU

I've had crashes with photos and garage band. Programs will either shut down or more than likely the computer will reboot. Both programs are unusable at this point. Might happen with other software as well. I haven't had time to test everything. Anyone have a fix or is it just problems with the beta?
I've stopped using it for now... crashes lots with Safari full screen video ... back to the log in screen and random crashes to reboot... I'm going to wait for an update as not sure if sending loads more crash reports from my hack is a good idea or not tbh.. beta program is a much smaller field than usual and I wonder how many installers are using hacks? :)

I've stopped using it for now... crashes lots with Safari full screen video ... back to the log in screen and random crashes to reboot... I'm going to wait for an update as not sure if sending loads more crash reports from my hack is a good idea or not tbh.. beta program is a much smaller field than usual and I wonder how many installers are using hacks? :)

I quit using it as well still very buggy. It wouldn’t let me download the public beta since I am a developer and had already downloaded the unmentioned beta although I managed to install it with extreme ease by making a secondary test partition and running the installer app. So there may be some differences between the two that I can’t speak for but I can’t get my multi graphics card (integrated/discrete) setup just right the discrete card (amd hd 7970) is just a black screen while the integrated(hd 4600) is fine. I managed to get my audio working fine on both Realtek alc1150 with the dummy kept method and graphics card hdmi audio is working. But still way to many bugs for my liking. For some reason the beta process seems to be moving along a lot slower this year. Also waiting for some updates to see some improvements.

Native Kaby Lake support in 10.12.6+ (and 10.13.x).

True. But iGPU HD630 is not supported yet and patches for HD530 are not working at the moment.

Does it work with Pascal card yet? And if it works without the driver then I might upgrade.

Does it work with Pascal card yet? And if it works without the driver then I might upgrade.

Yes. I can boot into HS with my GTX 1060 without Nvidia Webdriver but only at 4k or HD resolutions - both unaccelerated.

If you downloaded from the forum Downloads->kexts site then you have the latest. 3 test installations I did yesterday proves it works.

Thanks. With your help, now it is Ok. All run correctly except internet (network). I used MultiBeast to install RTL8111. (My Asus Z170M with 10.12.5 is OK.) I have copied this files to Kets EFI, but the system says that there is not network card.

Thanks. With your help, now it is Ok. All run correctly except internet (network). I used MultiBeast to install RTL8111. (My Asus Z170M with 10.12.5 is OK.) I have copied this files to Kets EFI, but the system says that there is not network card.
Follow rules and enter your hardware into your profile and/or create a sig.

Impossible to diagnose problems without knowing hardware. Is your board plus or -E version? Plus had Intel NIC.
To install a kext properly, copy kext to desktop and use KextBeast or Kext Wizard to install to Library/Extensions.

[Success] macOS High Sierra Public Beta on Asus H170M-E-D3 with Celron G3900

My pc.
  • Asus H170M-E-D3
  • Intel Celeron G3900
  • 3x DDR3, so 7Gb of RAM
  • 1Tb +500gb HD Seagate
  • Gigabyte GeForce GT 710 2048MB
Снимок экрана 2017-07-06 в 10.08.09.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.9 MB · Views: 292
Last edited by a moderator: