Contribute
Register

How to Create a macOS High Sierra Public Beta Installation USB

My MB is GA-X79-UD3. The DSDT that's in the EFI folder I shared is from GA-X79-UD5. I also have the same CPU as you.

Did you erase your EFI folder and replaced it with mine?

Perhaps you need to switch some kexts from your build first, but the DSDT, SSDT and config.plist along with the drivers64UEFI folder should be left alone.

Alternatively, you can also try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k2b1zz5yugthoy5/USB Boot - EFI.zip?dl=0
I got this from a guy with the same build as you and this is what I used to build my install USB. Later, I slowly stripped things away and brought some kexts from my Sierra build and experimented until I got the EFI folder I shared with you earlier.

Appreciate you Dr. Drum grateful for your help! Curious - was your Clover install to USB UEFI or legacy? I did replace my EFI folder with the EFI folder you gave me. Also tried to experiment with a few kext...etc. Will try this new one. Who was the user with the x79 UD5 mainboard that had it working?

Dr. Drum, Some good news that latest EFI folder seems to get farther and the status bar goes farther. But it's throwing a new error. Noticed some mention of Broadcom Bluetooth - but I don't have an airport card...etc

Here are some screen shots of verbose mode. Any Thoughts?

IMG_0999.JPG

IMG_1001.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you have downloaded the "stub" from the App Store and found it is not the full package, try deleting the app and the empty trash. Then, go to App Store, log in and click on the Purchased tab. The app should be listed there and you can download it.

gaule1: I'm betting this is your problem. Before downloading anything you have to download the macOS Public Beta Access Utility and install it prior to starting the actual High Sierra download. Once you do that you'll get the right file size.

Last edited:
Has anyone successfully gotten the 10.12.5 NVIDIA web driver working by modding the version number in NVDAStartupWeb.kext?
Not working the best as u can for now is to have resolution but not cl/ql

gaule1: I'm betting this is your problem. Before downloading anything you have to download the macOS Public Beta Access Utility and install it prior to starting the actual High Sierra download. Once you do that you'll get the right file size.

Tried the same way you explained, download finished within a minute. Tried with two hacks and macbook pro 2011 model same result. Even limited internet speed to 512kb won't help. Really frustrating...

Dr. Drum, Some good news that latest EFI folder seems to get farther and the status bar goes farther. But it's throwing a new error. Noticed some mention of Broadcom Bluetooth - but I don't have an airport card...etc

Here are some screen shots of verbose mode. Any Thoughts?

View attachment 264369

View attachment 264370

Try the attached DSDT. I removed the Broadcom entries.

Update:

I updated the DSDT. Better compatibility + nVidia edits

Attachments

• DSDT-Test 3.aml.zip
    10.9 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Created the USB High Sierra USB here successfully but look what I'm greeted with before the boot process is finished. Used the config.sample.plist. Installed clover 2.4K r4097 onto it also. I'm on the Intel 530 here with a sysdef of iMac 17,1.

IMG_1785.JPG

Back