Contribute
Register

How to Create a macOS High Sierra Public Beta Installation USB

get to the installer but it takes forever to do anything

from language selection to copying the files took almost an hour anyone know why it moves so slow

when i finall reboot into install high sierra from hdd
i get to this grey screen
but i can move cursor and the computer eventually goes to sleep and can be re awakened by moving mouse

but nothing else appears on screen

Attachments

• 20170710_113636.jpg
    20170710_113636.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Once you have downloaded the "stub" from the App Store and found it is not the full package, try deleting the app and the empty trash. Then, go to App Store, log in and click on the Purchased tab. The app should be listed there and you can download it.

One other important thing, if the High Sierra Download is NOT in Applications folder the command /Applications/Install will have no chance of working.

get to the installer but it takes forever to do anything

from language selection to copying the files took almost an hour anyone know why it moves so slow

when i finall reboot into install high sierra from hdd
i get to this grey screen
but i can move cursor and the computer eventually goes to sleep and can be re awakened by moving mouse

but nothing else appears on screen

Mount the EFI partition and drag a copy of your config.plist to desktop and try this one for Skylake and RX 480.
config-sample.plist.zip. Add FakeSMCKext to System/Library/Extensions folder on main drive and use Kext Wizzard or kext utility to fix permissions and clear caches.

screen-shot-2017-07-09-at-3-41-23-am-png.265701

P.S. The next Public Beta update may bring Audio to RX 460-580 cards. My HDMI AUDIO works on both RX 460 and RX 480 cards after the last High Sierra DEV. beta update. No fixes, and clean 2 channel HDMI Audio. Also note the Metal its more then the usual "supported". This is really cool for RX card owners, and also for the future Vega cards. I can't wait for Vega gaming cards to show up.

Attachments

• config-sample.plist.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
hi guys have any one been able to get nvidia graphics to work on high sierra i am using a gt asus 630 2046

From my experience on an actual Apple Mac Mini mid 2011 i can say - don't install this yet! It's slower than Sierra and feels sluggish...
Concur! This early beta cycle seems more problematic than the beta cycles for El Capitan and Sierra. I've been following the problems users are having with real Macs on the MacRumor's macOS High Sierra forum section, and even the Mac owners are saying to wait unless you are a true developer.

High Sierra public beta is working just fine for me, using APFS instead of HFS. I installed it on a ssd in a USB 3 enclosure, getting read/write speeds of 430 MB/sec. For the first time OSX detects and mounts my M.2 drive!! Native support it seems, getting write speeds of 1400 MB/sec, and read speeds of 2100 MB/sec. Got dual monitor working on my Intel 530 graphics (dual monitors refuse to work in Sierra 10.12.5).

things not working:
1) Nvidia but they haven't released beta drivers yet.
2) voodoohda HDMI audio doesn't work over Intel 530 HDMI but my sound card works so no big deal.
3) sleep using Intel 530 graphics doesn't work.

Seems to me that high Sierra will support more (recent) hardware better than Sierra. Do others agree/disagree?

Last edited:
Unfortunately, unable to download full installer(5GB).
same problem
I try and got full installer
1. Delete 13,9MB file from Applications
2. DON'T download macOS Public Beta Access Utility
3. Download High Serria Beta direct from Mac App Store
hFsZCKV.png

High Sierra installed in APFS mode on second SSD. Stable, but no graphics acceleration, no ALC1150 sound and no XCPM...
smile.png

Attachments

• Captura de ecrã 2017-07-12, às 16.25.14.png
    Captura de ecrã 2017-07-12, às 16.25.14.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 239
  • Captura de ecrã 2017-07-12, às 16.26.07.png
    Captura de ecrã 2017-07-12, às 16.26.07.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 200
Beta 2 seems to be busted. It refuses to install on my box, whether under APFS or HFS+, talking about OsInstall.mkpg is corrupt. Wtf? Beta 1 worked tho. This entire beta cycle is horrible.

Last edited:
Back