Contribute
Register

How to Create a macOS High Sierra Public Beta Installation USB

Try this:
When clover boot window appear go to Options>Acpi patching>table droping> Select dropp "MATS"
You are so AWESOME MAN! I have a Gigabyte z77x-up5 TH motherboard with an Intel Core i7. This just worked for me! I tried it with a Legacy High Sierra USB boot. During the week, I'm going to try a UEFI High Sierra USB boot. Thanks again, man!

Unable to Install guys i tried From Beta 1 to Public beta and beta 3 :( every time i am stuck at disk utility :( taking more than 30 min to see all partition which is quite slow man need help
I had the same problem. You need to download High Sierra and create bootablle usb again. it worked for me.

Last edited:
When I installed High Sierra, I enabled the new Apple File System for the SSD. When I downgraded to Sierra via USB Stick and clean install, I formatted the Disk to HFS+, but the APFS Partition remained as well showing the same size which was really weird. So although I formatted the disk I had now 2 Partitions. So I installed it on the newly formated HFS+ Partition - that's what I though at least…

BUT after the install finished, the Mac Mini rebooted from the stick because there was no system Disk available which I found out later, when I opened Disk Utility. The APFS Partition as well as the HFS+ Partitions were was now gone and the whole Disk was basically just a block of unallocated Space (besides the 200 MB Recovery).

So I created a HFS+ Journaled Partition again and then, after the 2nd round of reinstalling macOS Sierra, everything was finally back o normal again. I cannot imagine doing this on my Hackintosh. Totally confusing.
So for now you cannot use Disk Utility to erase an APFS container partition in the expected way. Instead, open up a terminal
Code:
$ diskutil apfs
output
Code:
Usage:  diskutil [quiet] ap[fs] <verb> <options>
        where <verb> is as follows:

list               (Show status of all current APFS Containers)
     create             (Create a new APFS Container with one APFS Volume)
     createContainer    (Create a new empty APFS Container)
     deleteContainer    (Delete an APFS Container and reformat old disks to HFS)
     resizeContainer    (Resize an APFS Container and its disk space usage)
     addVolume          (Export a new APFS Volume from an APFS Container)
     deleteVolume       (Remove an APFS Volume from its APFS Container)
     eraseVolume        (Erase contents of, but keep, an APFS Volume)
     changeVolumeRole   (Change the Role metadata bits of an APFS Volume)
     unlockVolume       (Unlock an encrypted APFS Volume which is locked)

diskutil apfs <verb> with no options will provide help on that verb
so
Code:
$ sudo diskutil apfs deleteContainer /dev/disk...
then you can continue with Disk Utility as normal

Also partly posted on Macrumors—apologies if this treads on toes but trying to find a solution fast.
I (and many others) ran into problems installing the 10.13 betas onto an unsupported cMP 3,1 in which the stock GPU has been replaced with an AMD Sapphire RX460 (which runs fine OOTB on Sierra). Rominator also found that the Sapphire RX460 DOES NOTwork on 10.13 beta on a supported MP 5,1 while the Sapphire RX480 DOES work OOTB, which it does not do on 10.12.6. Something has changed.
10.13 beta does install and run on a late 2016 MBP with the RX460 option GPU so the drivers are present in the OS and a look through through the AMD kexts shows the presence of the correct GPU board ID. What has changed? I can't spot it from looking at kexts but does anyone here have an educated guess of what to look at next? A safe boot with 10.13 and the RX460 in the MP 3,1 gets to an unaccelerated desktop, so the problem seems related to a kext(s).
The unsupported MP 3,1 runs the 10.13 betas fine when a stock Apple GPU is returned to the machine BUT having both the stock Apple GPU and the RX460 in the same machine also causes the same problem of "booting" to a black screen with white rectangle at top left. I've seen someone mention a Windowserver crash but can't pin it down.

Here's a quick guide to create a macOS High Sierra 10.13 Public Beta Installation USB using Clover. Please note, this guide is not universal, and may not work for all systems.
I prepared the USB as per the first post. Now I'm confused whether I should've copy MultiBeast to USB or did I do something wrong by not using UniBeast? (the post installation guide confuses) thanks in advance.

Now should Ii copy the MultiBeast on to the USB or I should've created the USB with UniBeast in the first place? The post installation guide confuses me. Thanks in advance!

I prepared the USB as per the first post. Now I'm confused whether I should've copy MultiBeast to USB or did I do something wrong by not using UniBeast? (the post installation guide confuses) thanks in advance.

Now should Ii copy the MultiBeast on to the USB or I should've created the USB with UniBeast in the first place? The post installation guide confuses me. Thanks in advance!
UniBeast and MultiBeast are for Sierra and earlier OS X/macOS. There are not yet versions of UniBeast and MultiBeast for High Sierra. Thus, the Post #1 set of procedures to create a High Sierra USB installation thumb drive without UniBeast - the long way.

After creating your High Sierra USB installation thumb drive, copy MultiBeast for Sierra onto the USB installer. Then, after the installation, copy MultiBeast onto your installation drive, and proceed with your post installation as per the Post #1's instructions.

We are working on a version of UniBeast and MultiBeast for High Sierra. However, we're still early in the High Sierra Beta cycle. So, they won't be ready for a while yet.

UniBeast and MultiBeast are for Sierra and earlier OS X/macOS. There are not yet versions of UniBeast and MultiBeast for High Sierra. Thus, the Post #1 set of procedures to create a High Sierra USB installation thumb drive without UniBeast - the long way.

After creating your High Sierra USB installation thumb drive, copy MultiBeast for Sierra onto the USB installer. Then, after the installation, copy MultiBeast onto your installation drive, and proceed with your post installation as per the Post #1's instructions.

We are working on a version of UniBeast and MultiBeast for High Sierra. However, we're still early in the High Sierra Beta cycle. So, they won't be ready for a while yet.

I had no issues or errors showing up while installing. But installation quits mid way without showing the language selection onwards. what's the issue might be? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I had no issues or errors showing up while installing. But installation quits mid way without showing the language selection onwards. what's the issue might be? Thanks in advance.
I got a similar error, the install starts with 5 minutes left, goes pretty quick than disappears.

Back