Contribute
Register

How to boot into macOS Recovery with clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using Time Machine and now for several reasons I would like to boot into macOS Recovery to restore from Time Machine backup. I found that when using real mac it can be done by pressing Command (⌘)-R before the apple logo appears. In my case that is not possible because of clover. When I choose from clover to boot sierra apple logo appears immidiately. What can I do? :crazy: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201314

Thank you very much in advance!

I have been using Time Machine and now for several reasons I would like to boot into macOS Recovery to restore from Time Machine backup. I found that when using real mac it can be done by pressing Command (⌘)-R before the apple logo appears. In my case that is not possible because of clover. When I choose from clover to boot sierra apple logo appears immidiately. What can I do? :crazy: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201314

Thank you very much in advance!

If you have a Recovery partition, Clover will present it as a boot target.

If you have a Recovery partition, Clover will present it as a boot target.

I do have but when I boot there it gets in stuck at same point everytime. And that colorful circle loading icon does not spin anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_2711.JPG
    IMG_2711.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 712
I do have but when I boot there it gets in stuck at same point everytime.

Perhaps you forgot to put FakeSMC.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.

Is it too late to do it at this point?

Just boot your normal partition and fix EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
There can be other causes for your problem though...

Same problem occurs. :confused:

Like I said... there could be other problems.
For example, if you need the Nvidia web drivers for graphics, they will not be available when booting the Recovery partition and you would have to employ similar techniques you used to reach the installer (nv_disable=1).

You should boot verbose so you know what is happening. And review the procedures you needed to reach the installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back