Contribute
Register

How should i enable Radeon 7850 on Mavericks (new public release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the warning. I will not attempt to update the system until we know exactly what does it change.

Maybe it's just an update to graphics drivers, and we just have to modify the kext file again. Whenever I know something about it, I'll let you know.

Hi there,
I have a xfx Radeon 7850 Core Edition 2GB DDR5
IMG_0463.jpgIMG_0464.jpg

Im trying to get running on my mac pro 3.1 10.9.2.
I can get the hdmi out working with no accelerated graphics from kexts from another forum but I have yet to actually be successful :banghead:

I understand this isnt a hackintosh, but you guys are more helpful then apple :beachball: lol

Anyways, I have included as much info about my gpu as i can possibly get. If anyone can help me I would be very greatful.
1,000 doge donation if someone can help me?

IMG_0461.jpgIMG_0449.jpgIMG_0451.jpgIMG_0462.jpgIMG_0423.jpgIMG_0465.jpg

I've just updated my hackintosh. (It took me months, because I wanted to back up an everything and I didn't have time).

For some reason my system kept the old kexts (the edited ones) and didn't work well. But I copied the updated ones from my macbook pro, and I edited them again (same procedure as previous version), and they work like a charm.

Here are my updated kexts, if someone needs them.

@lodgechad, maybe this will work for you too.

Attachments

• ATI HD7850 Mavericks 10.9.2.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 311
I've just updated my hackintosh. (It took me months, because I wanted to back up an everything and I didn't have time).

For some reason my system kept the old kexts (the edited ones) and didn't work well. But I copied the updated ones from my macbook pro, and I edited them again (same procedure as previous version), and they work like a charm.

Here are my updated kexts, if someone needs them.

@lodgechad, maybe this will work for you too.

Hi Simbioide,
how is your GPU recognized in the system information panel?
Is it displayed as AMD Radeon HD 7xxx or as 7850?

Thx,
jop

Hi mac_jop, it says Radeon HD 7xxx

Captura de pantalla 2014-06-18 a la(s) 13.19.45.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back