Contribute
Register

How should i enable Radeon 7850 on Mavericks (new public release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I'm confused XD.

I don't know what's wrong then.

@simbiode Hi.I have a couple of questions.
1.What is your exact Graphics card?
2.Are you using the Public Mavericks version?
3.Is your IGPU set as primary or other configurations?
4.What is your motherboard and CPU?
5.Did you make a Clean install?
6.Can you use GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Please answer at least one of the questions ,I am trying to get XFX 7850 to work on Mavericks,but after a clean install it is found as "3mb".I am with Asus P8z77-v and I 3770k,I can install mavericks without any boot flags and my 7850 is set as primary(there is no problems in installation now,before I have to unplug my 7850),but after installation is the problem ,I could not get 7850 to work.Do you just edit these kexts,because on of them is hidden now.If I try to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes,then even does not start to load Mavericks ,but instantly I get this error:"Memory Allocation Error! Addr: 0xdeadbeef, Siz: 0x0 ,File : Ati.C, Line1725"
I hope I was accurate,because Eng is not my mother language.

crain83, can you post a step by step on what you did for patching the kext? I'm kindda newbie and have the exactly same videocard.

Thank You

EDIT: [SOLVED]

I did this:

Based on this -> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291134-maverick-109-mountain-lion-1083-radeon-hd7850/

It Works!! :D

Here's my plist:

View attachment 70710

crain83, can you post a step by step on what you did for patching the kext? I'm kindda newbie and have the exactly same videocard.

Thank You

EDIT: [SOLVED]

I did this:

Based on this -> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291134-maverick-109-mountain-lion-1083-radeon-hd7850/

It Works!! :D

Here's my plist:

View attachment 70710

Why are you confused? In this post you said you replace the kext with your device id. my device id is:

0x679A1002 HD 7950

So If I put my device ID in the kext it will work?

@simbiode Hi.I have a couple of questions.
Please answer at least one of the questions ,I am trying to get XFX 7850 to work on Mavericks,but after a clean install it is found as "3mb".I am with Asus P8z77-v and I 3770k,I can install mavericks without any boot flags and my 7850 is set as primary(there is no problems in installation now,before I have to unplug my 7850),but after installation is the problem ,I could not get 7850 to work.Do you just edit these kexts,because on of them is hidden now.If I try to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes,then even does not start to load Mavericks ,but instantly I get this error:"Memory Allocation Error! Addr: 0xdeadbeef, Siz: 0x0 ,File : Ati.C, Line1725"
I hope I was accurate,because Eng is not my mother language.

XFX 7850 Core Edition

Yes. The one you download from AppStore

No. My primary card is the 7850

MB: Gigabyte H77M-D3H
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K (Ivy bridge)

Yes

I don't remember, i tried a lot of things (once I got the same memory allocation error). But now I'm using GraphicsEnabler=No, and no other bootflags.

[EDITED]: I tried with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. I got the memory allocation error, so it has to be GraphicsEnabler=No

The ultimate solution was just editing the kexts. I've used Invisiblix to get the hidden plist.

HackintoshA5 said:
Why are you confused? In this post you said you replace the kext with your device id. my device id is:

0x679A1002 HD 7950

So If I put my device ID in the kext it will work?

I'm sorry. English is not my first language, I misunderstood you.

Yes, I think that if you replace the kext with your device's ID should work, but as I said, I'm no expert and don't know. You should try, mine was try and mistake until I got it.

Thank you for you information.I did not see you post earlier,I already installed Mavericks with just Editing the kexts,but I cannot use more than 2 monitors,every time a connect a third monitor,the OS Freeze and I have to restart.I saw a couple of times artifacts showing up with just 2 monitors.For now I connected my 2 monitors to 7850 and my other 2 monitors to Integrated card.Before Updating to Mavericks I have used 10.8.3 with edited kexts and I was able to plug 3 monitors without any problems,I haven't tried 4,because the fourth was always connected to the IGPU,but now I cannot use more than 2 and my monitors connected to the IGPU are showing Lines(Gibberish look a like artifacts lines)and I have to put mu PC to sleep in order to get The monitors connected to the IGPU working.The other thing is I have to set IGPU as primary if I want to use my 4 monitors,If I set the radeon to be primary and the IGPU just enabled IT does not load Mavericks I have wait a couple of minutes and nothing, then I change it to IGPU as default in order to use my 4 monitors,but as I said 2 are connected to the Radeon and to the IGPU.,If anyone has a solution please post it.Thank you and have a nice day!

Guys this thing freaks the **** out of me :(

1. I have display with 7850 from powercolor but it bugs and it displays 3mb after easy beast stuff.

2. I have edited the 2 kexts following what's said below. And soon I have:

"The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update."

"The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/AMD7000Controller.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update."

:(

EDIT:

FIXED :D

Guys I'm too stupid. Just fix the permissions (disk utility) and everything is okay ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back