Contribute
Register

help needed with post installation hp dv7 Intel Core i7 2670QM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to install a copy of Mavericks in this new already partition 240gb SSD drive. Im having trouble getting to the installer from the bootloader at this point.

i was able to reach the installer before because i had already done it a couple of months ago with the other 64gb drive. But now i wanna do it in this drive. Thats how i was able to partition the drive without reaching the installer this time.

should i follow the guide link you provide and start over with the creating of the usb again? i have my friends mac so i can do so.

i was able to reach the installer before because i had already done it a couple of months ago with the other 64gb drive. But now i wanna do it in this drive. Thats how i was able to partition the drive without reaching the installer this time.

should i follow the guide link you provide and start over with the creating of the usb again? i have my friends mac so i can do so.

The SSD has nothing to do with anything right now, as you're booting the installer off USB.

You should follow the guide I linked...

i am doing it again, just that the unibeast freezes on like 1/3 of the way where it says copying files, thats why i tried a diff route before. But I'm doing it again right now. I'm using a 16gb usb i don't know if that makes a difference.

i am doing it again, just that the unibeast freezes on like 1/3 of the way where it says copying files, thats why i tried a diff route before. But I'm doing it again right now. I'm using a 16gb usb i don't know if that makes a difference.

I have used 16GB USBs before, but on an 8GB partition. What hardware are you creating your USB on?

it didn't install on that 16gb drive, luckily i had a 128gb flash drive and partitioned to 8gb and it worked, installed and now I'm installing drivers thru multibeast but I'm not sure what to choose based on my system...

can you help choose what ktexts to install for audio, graphics, wireless internet ? thanks

can you help choose what ktexts to install for audio, graphics, wireless internet ? thanks

HD3000 is supported by native drivers.

WiFi: Depends on having compatible hardware. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out what you have. Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back