Contribute
Register

help needed with post installation hp dv7 Intel Core i7 2670QM

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok cool thanks i will be looking at this. looks like i installed some wrong texts, smh, now the ethernet, keyboard and mouse trackpad don't work :/ what flag should i to start over? UseKernelCache=No ? or the -f flag?

ok cool thanks i will be looking at this. looks like i installed some wrong texts, smh, now the ethernet, keyboard and mouse trackpad don't work :/ what flag should i to start over? UseKernelCache=No ? or the -f flag?

To start over, do a fresh install.

hey man, thanks for all the help, so i got windows 7 and yosemite running together on this SSD drive using chimera. Im just having trouble finding the right text for audio, graphics look jumbo, no wireless yet, and usb 3.0 not working. my hp motherboard model: 1803 chipset: intel sandy bridge and south bridge: intel HM65

Also my org.chameleon.Boot.plist is being ignored for what it looks like, because i still have to type cpus=1 in order to boot properly. here,s whats inside anyhow:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<string>cpus=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x64”</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Thanks in advance, and merry christmas :)

hey man, thanks for all the help, so i got windows 7 and yosemite running together on this SSD drive using chimera. Im just having trouble finding the right text for audio, graphics look jumbo, no wireless yet, and usb 3.0 not working. my hp motherboard model: 1803 chipset: intel sandy bridge and south bridge: intel HM65

Also my org.chameleon.Boot.plist is being ignored for what it looks like, because i still have to type cpus=1 in order to boot properly. here,s whats inside anyhow:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>cpus=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x64”</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Thanks in advance, and merry christmas :)

Your org.chameleon.Boot.plist is invalid.

The section:
Code:
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>cpus=1</string>

... is incorrect. The plist is a set of key/value pairs. You have a key followed by two values (instead of one).

What you probably meant is:
Code:
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>kext-dev-mode=1 cpus=1</string>

But to boot without cpus=1, you should install the KernelPatcher module using Chameleon Wizard.

See the guide for further information on boot flags and DSDT edits you require for HD3000/high-resolution: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-unibeast.html

image.jpg
Your org.chameleon.Boot.plist is invalid.

The section:
Code:
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>cpus=1</string>

... is incorrect. The plist is a set of key/value pairs. You have a key followed by two values (instead of one).

What you probably meant is:
Code:
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>kext-dev-mode=1 cpus=1</string>

But to boot without cpus=1, you should install the KernelPatcher module using Chameleon Wizard.

See the guide for further information on boot flags and DSDT edits you require for HD3000/high-resolution: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-unibeast.html

This is what i get now after i ran thechameleon wizzard. Looks like i replaced the bootloader and everything went down the drain. Im stock now

View attachment 119205

This is what i get now after i ran thechameleon wizzard. Looks like i replaced the bootloader and everything went down the drain. Im stock now

You should follow instructions carefully. You forgot to install patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

So i have to reinstall fresh again ?or can i bypass w a flag and install it after i boot in.

So i have to reinstall fresh again ?or can i bypass w a flag and install it after i boot in.

Boot using your Unibeast USB (-f UseKernelCache=No).

Ok so im inside again i installed the kernel patch and took off cpus=1 then restarted it and it said mach/kernel not found. Was that you were talking about the AppleCPUPower ktext ?
I'm attaching my current config.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

And these are the extensions i have right now

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,008.3 KB · Views: 116
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back