Motherboard
Asus Z97-A
CPU
Intel 4790K @ 4.6Ghz
Graphics
MSI Gaming X 8G 1070
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So, here's the deal, my job is video editing, and I use something called Final Cut Pro at work, I was told it's only on Macs but a friend told me about Hackintoshing so I came here. My dilemma is that I already run Windows 10 Pro on my PC and every tutorial pretty much says start from scratch, I can't. MY hard drives are arranged as below:

Intel Raid 1 (Motherboard) with 2 Toshiba 1TB Hard Drives, this runs Windows 10 Pro, has around 400GB of content used
Western Digital Drive 1TB , contains about 400GB of Content used
I also require a Ubuntu install, as I need this for android (No, the command line is not enough,no I cannot use a VM as ADB (from experience) is a pain in a VM)

So, how do I go about this from what I've read could I do the following:

Make a 30gb partition on my raid volume and install Linux on there. make a 64gb partition on my WD drive for OS X (maybe with the nv_disable 1 flag?

My system:
Intel 4790k @ 4.6Ghz
16GB DDR3Kingston HyperX Fury Red in 8GBx2
Asus z97-A Motherboard
MSI Gaming X 1070
Corsair h100i V2
WD 1TB Drive
x2 Toshiba 1TB (Raid 1 via motherboard)

Many Thanks in advance!

Seriously, it's been 20 minutes!

It is 7am or earlier for many folks. This forum is not staffed by paid members - it is entirely voluntary and community based like most other forums. What do you see as the main challenges to installation and what have you found with the search facility.

It wouldn't harm your common courtesy to follow the rules and fill out your basic hardware profile or build signature.

Rules said:
  • Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.
  • Please use the search function before creating a new topic. The question that you ask may have already been answered.
  • Do not cross post or create identical threads in multiple forums. Duplicate threads will be deleted.
  • Bumping a thread is allowed after waiting at least 24 hours with no more than one bump per day.
Have a little patience. There are threads with users experimenting with 1070 & 1080 cards - you should check those out. Much of this stuff is experimental. What works for one may not work for another - such is the way of different hardware and unsupported GPU hardware.

Your biggest obstacle is the motherboard raid. This is not compatible with OS X or Linux.
I would suggest a pair of new SSDs - one for Windows and Ubuntu and one for OS X, although 3 would be better - one for each OS.
An SSD will be faster than a pair of spinning drives in RAID, will be more stable and secure than a RAID volume.
You can then use the drives you currently have in RAID as individual storage drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back