Contribute
Register

Help configuring OpenCore for Gigabyte Z390 + i9-9900k

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with your Bluetooth?

Ignore him. He's just suggesting that you address the 15 port USB limit. He's just suggesting a different method from what you are using (USBPorts.kext). Both do the same thing using different methods.

If you have already addressed the 15 port limit, USB is not your problem.
Oh I see, okay thanks that makes sense.
Yeah, under the 15 port limit now and USB is working well.
@UtterDisbelief had a guess that the fenvi cable connected at HS13 is actually on a hub and this scuppers macOS's ability to power-manage it properly. Thus bluetooth shows up, appears as though it'd work, but connections aren't stable and it generally doesn't work. Sometimes it'll work very well for a moment, but then gets choppy and ultimately won't work at all.

Oh I see, okay thanks that makes sense.
Yeah, under the 15 port limit now and USB is working well.
@UtterDisbelief had a guess that the fenvi cable connected at HS13 is actually on a hub and this scuppers macOS's ability to power-manage it properly. Thus bluetooth shows up, appears as though it'd work, but connections aren't stable and it generally doesn't work. Sometimes it'll work very well for a moment, but then gets choppy and ultimately won't work at all.

It can always be a flaky Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card. The Bluetooth of my Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card bit the dust last week. Please see here.

It can always be a flaky Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card. The Bluetooth of my Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card bit the dust last week. Please see here.
Oh wow, hadn't even thought of that possibility! I just setup a replacement on Amazon and will get the new card next week - will see if it makes any difference. Thanks for suggestion it might be that.

Oh wow, hadn't even thought of that possibility! I just setup a replacement on Amazon and will get the new card next week - will see if it makes any difference. Thanks for suggestion it might be that.

Well after all that effort, if it just turns out to be a faulty card all along then ... :banghead:

Hey, but think of all the stuff you've learned along the way :thumbup:

:lol:

Well after all that effort, if it just turns out to be a faulty card all along then ... :banghead:

Hey, but think of all the stuff you've learned along the way :thumbup:

:lol:
hahah no kidding man, I thought the same thing.. But we'll see .. I also ordered a tiny ASUS bluetooth usb dongle in case the Fenvi card just never gets there for me. Will be anxious to find out next week when these arrive.

hahah no kidding man, I thought the same thing.. But we'll see .. I also ordered a tiny ASUS bluetooth usb dongle in case the Fenvi card just never gets there for me. Will be anxious to find out next week when these arrive.

Keep in mind that using 2.4GHz Wi-Fi will often cause interference with Bluetooth. I ONLY use 5GHz Wi-Fi nowadays.

Keep in mind that using 2.4GHz Wi-Fi will often cause interference with Bluetooth. I ONLY use 5GHz Wi-Fi nowadays.
For a second there I got really excited.. Right above my setup is a Netgear X6 R8000 router, and it's broadcasting both 2.4GHz and 5Ghz signals. I turned off 2.4GHz and my bluetooth keyboard connected and was working as it should. But it didn't last. After a couple minutes it started behaving the same way as it has been, disconnecting, reconnecting, repeating key inputs, etc. Curious if turning off 2.4GHz really helped it for a moment or not.
I would like to keep 2.4GHz on because I have a lot of "smart accessories" around my place that use that it, (like outlets, smart lock, door cam, etc).

Anyway, weird that it seemed to fix it for a moment but then didn't stick. Really seems like interference, but again maybe it's just a faulty fenvi card. Also worth noting bluetooth on my MBP sitting right next to the Hackintosh works just fine.

For a second there I got really excited.. Right above my setup is a Netgear X6 R8000 router, and it's broadcasting both 2.4GHz and 5Ghz signals. I turned off 2.4GHz and my bluetooth keyboard connected and was working as it should. But it didn't last. After a couple minutes it started behaving the same way as it has been, disconnecting, reconnecting, repeating key inputs, etc. Curious if turning off 2.4GHz really helped it for a moment or not.
I would like to keep 2.4GHz on because I have a lot of "smart accessories" around my place that use that it, (like outlets, smart lock, door cam, etc).

Anyway, weird that it seemed to fix it for a moment but then didn't stick. Really seems like interference, but again maybe it's just a faulty fenvi card. Also worth noting bluetooth on my MBP sitting right next to the Hackintosh works just fine.

@Covalt Just out of pure curiosity, can you post/upload your SSDT-UIAC.aml file for me? I want to see something really fast.
would be happy to but I don't see that I have one -
Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 3.52.10 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back