Contribute
Register

Help configuring OpenCore for Gigabyte Z390 + i9-9900k

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Covalt That might be your issue then. I'd suggest making your own SSDT-UIAC following Rehabman's guide. It's actually quite simple, and it makes sure that all of your ports are working successfully.

@Covalt That might be your issue then. I'd suggest making your own SSDT-UIAC following Rehabman's guide. It's actually quite simple, and it makes sure that all of your ports are working successfully.

Oh, I think I'm covered by restricting the USB ports using this guide:

If you look at what I've got in IORegistryExployer you can see I'm under the 15 port limit.
Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 8.14.05 PM.png

I was experiencing a ton of USB issues before, but once I took out a bunch of the hubs on the Aorus Xtreme motherboard my USB issues were solved (only the bluetooth issue remains).

If SSDT-Z390-RP05-SLOT4-TB3HP.aml wasn't specifically made for your motherboard, delete it.
I removed it, as I don't think it matches my motherboard exactly.
On this thread the author links a .zip on post #1 for my Xtreme motherboard to enable TB3.
His guide is for Clover, so how would I use these .aml's (assuming I need to do more than drop them in the ACPI folder)?
Though, it's kind of ironic that I'm just now finding this because that .zip package also includes an .aml that defines USB ports .. after all I went through with Utterdisbelief the past two weeks. Not sure I want to just trust this package, but it is for my specific board (albeit a Clover setup).
Curious your thoughts. My main goal is not to screw with what's working, but to get TB3 working.

Oh, I think I'm covered by restricting the USB ports using this guide:

If you look at what I've got in IORegistryExployer you can see I'm under the 15 port limit.
View attachment 455905

I was experiencing a ton of USB issues before, but once I took out a bunch of the hubs on the Aorus Xtreme motherboard my USB issues were solved (only the bluetooth issue remains).

I can see that you're under the 15 limit, but I'm curious as to whether your HS13 is being identified as USB 2.0, USB 3.0, or internal 2.0. If it's not being defined as internal, it that could be your issue. The only way I'd be able to tell is if you link your ACPI folder so that I can check for you.

I can see that you're under the 15 limit, but I'm curious as to whether your HS13 is being identified as USB 2.0, USB 3.0, or internal 2.0. If it's not being defined as internal, it that could be your issue. The only way I'd be able to tell is if you link your ACPI folder so that I can check for you.
For sure, thanks for taking a look.
I believe I set it to "Internal" using Hackintool.

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    7.1 KB · Views: 75
I removed it, as I don't think it matches my motherboard exactly.
On this thread the author links a .zip on post #1 for my Xtreme motherboard to enable TB3.
His guide is for Clover, so how would I use these .aml's (assuming I need to do more than drop them in the ACPI folder)?
Though, it's kind of ironic that I'm just now finding this because that .zip package also includes an .aml that defines USB ports .. after all I went through with Utterdisbelief the past two weeks. Not sure I want to just trust this package, but it is for my specific board (albeit a Clover setup).
Curious your thoughts. My main goal is not to screw with what's working, but to get TB3 working.

You can just take the SSDT for Thunderbolt, install it in /EFI/OC/ACPI/, and enable it in config.plist >ACPI > Add. Done.

You can just take the SSDT for Thunderbolt, install it in /EFI/OC/ACPI/, and enable it in config.plist >ACPI > Add. Done.
Cool, 2 quick questions. When adding to the config.plist, can the comment value be any comment that makes sense, or is that specific wording important?
(ie. "Thunderbolt 3 Hot Plug")
Also, while looking at the config.plist I noticed that RTC fix "SSDT-AWAC.aml" value is set to "NO" for the Enabled section. Should it be enabled? (not sure what that one does).

Cool, 2 quick questions. When adding to the config.plist, can the comment value be any comment that makes sense, or is that specific wording important?
(ie. "Thunderbolt 3 Hot Plug")
Also, while looking at the config.plist I noticed that RTC fix "SSDT-AWAC.aml" value is set to "NO" for the Enabled section. Should it be enabled? (not sure what that one does).

Comments can be pretty much anything.

My motherboard didn't need the SSDT-AWAC.aml. I suspect yours doesn't either since it's also a Gigabyte Z390. You can try with it enabled and test sleep/wake.

hey again @pastrychef , tried to do some "real" work today on the Hackintosh and noticed a few significant problems.
First and most importantly, video staggers when being played back. In Premiere Pro, or even just watching something on YouTube or Vimeo, the video will lag, pause and then speed up to try to get back on track.
Not good if you're trying to do animation work.
Secondly (and maybe related), audio often gets static and sounds scratchy. Sometimes it'll playback smooth, but often it struggles and has a lot of static. Currently using audio output on back of the motherboard (rear speaker icon).
Any clue what might be going on? System seems to be running stable otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back