Contribute
Register

Help configuring OpenCore for Gigabyte Z390 + i9-9900k

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't figure out how to create a new entry for my new USBPorts.kext..
Deleted the USBInjectAll entry, but adding a new one I'm not sure about..
never mind. I was trying to do it manually with PlistEditPro and was lost, but then opened OpenCore Config and added it there pretty easily.

Once finished my machine booted up successfully (hooray). Bluetooth still not working, but this is progress..

I can't figure out how to create a new entry for my new USBPorts.kext..
Deleted the USBInjectAll entry, but adding a new one I'm not sure about..

Everything is done manually with OpenCore config.plist. You have to add a new entry and all the fields.

never mind. I was trying to do it manually with PlistEditPro and was lost, but then opened OpenCore Config and added it there pretty easily.

Once finished my machine booted up successfully (hooray). Bluetooth still not working, but this is progress..

OpenCore Configurator has a reputation for corrupting config.plists.

OpenCore Configurator has a reputation for corrupting config.plists.
That sucks. Happy to do it manually in PlistEditPro, but I'd need to follow a guide. Right now I don't know how to add the fields manually myself.

That sucks. Happy to do it manually in PlistEditPro, but I'd need to follow a guide. Right now I don't know how to add the fields manually myself.

I don't know of any guides...

If you are using PlistEdit Pro, go to config.plist > Kernel > Add and right-click to add child. Then, right-click the new child to add fields. Do this until you have enough fields. Look at other kexts as examples.

@Covalt ProperTree is definitely the way to go when you're editing the Plist for an OpenCore system. Once you launch it, you can open your Plist with it. Then, you can click on "File" at the top left, and go down to "OC Snapshot," and it will enter all of that for you. For example, it will detect your new kext and make an entry for it. Usually though, you have to go down to the new entry and enable it by changing "false" to "true".

@Covalt ProperTree is definitely the way to go when you're editing the Plist for an OpenCore system. Once you launch it, you can open your Plist with it. Then, you can click on "File" at the top left, and go down to "OC Snapshot," and it will enter all of that for you. For example, it will detect your new kext and make an entry for it. Usually though, you have to go down to the new entry and enable it by changing "false" to "true".
Oh right, forgot about ProperTree. I used it initially when I was setting things up on my PC for the Hackintosh. Does it work in macOS as well? Thanks for the suggestion, that sounds good!

Hi @pastrychef in another thread I'm trying to get to the bottom of why my bluetooth isn't working reliably.
One use asked if I have SSDT-USB.aml. I don't show it in the ACPI folder from the EFI I received from you. Do you know if that'd help with my bluetooth issue? On my Xtreme motherboard, the bluetooth cable that comes off my fenvi card goes into HS13. That port is enabled (after going through the beginners guide you pointed me to), and bluetooth shows, but doesn't work consistently.
Didn't know if SSDT-USB.aml was relevant.

Here's the thread I was referencing:

Hi @pastrychef in another thread I'm trying to get to the bottom of why my bluetooth isn't working reliably.
One use asked if I have SSDT-USB.aml. I don't show it in the ACPI folder from the EFI I received from you. Do you know if that'd help with my bluetooth issue? On my Xtreme motherboard, the bluetooth cable that comes off my fenvi card goes into HS13. That port is enabled (after going through the beginners guide you pointed me to), and bluetooth shows, but doesn't work consistently.
Didn't know if SSDT-USB.aml was relevant.

Here's the thread I was referencing:

What's wrong with your Bluetooth?

Ignore him. He's just suggesting that you address the 15 port USB limit. He's just suggesting a different method from what you are using (USBPorts.kext). Both do the same thing using different methods.

If you have already addressed the 15 port limit, USB is not your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back