Having power problems when on battery power on Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried it, got this kernel panic.

Attachments

• kernelpanic.txt
    6.7 KB · Views: 261
Tried it, got this kernel panic.

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Why macOS 10.12.0? (current version is 10.12.2)
From where did you download macOS? On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

The usb installer was created on a Mac Pro 6,1 when 10.12.0 was the latest version, created a usb with unibeast and used your config file for HD 4400 and kept it as the usb worked.

Testing his config file and checking it with yours, noticed some differences some daft patches of course because he uses hot patches, devices info, but the one which has the most differences was the boot section.
Using your boot section was able to correctly boot and test the dsdt hot patches and I can confirm sleep works with those daft hotpatches. I also changed more than boot, did several changes each time testing config.plist files.
You can check and probably define better what helps me booting when I changed his dsdt.

I attached the EFI folder
in EFI/Clover the config.plist is the one untouched from his guide
Also in the clover folder there is a folder called Last tested config files so those are the ones I tested
Last one tested is called config not working, really similar to his untouched but didn't modify anything from the boot
Before that one tried the one which says config working, this one worked booting and worked sleeping, did a fast test but pretty much noticed everything worked.
And also the config old which is the one I used when I had sleep problems, it was mainly created by you, just modified smbios, kextstopatch...

I had same sleep issues with 10.12.2 but wanted to dual boot so I reinstalled both, will update later to 10.12.2

To wake when it is already sleeping will only work with a key press, can i get it to work a mouse click? Either from usb mouse or touchpad?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:
The usb installer was created on a Mac Pro 6,1 when 10.12.0 was the latest version, created a usb with unibeast and used your config file for HD 4400 and kept it as the usb worked.

Testing his config file and checking it with yours, noticed some differences some daft patches of course because he uses hot patches, devices info, but the one which has the most differences was the boot section.
Using your boot section was able to correctly boot and test the dsdt hot patches and I can confirm sleep works with those daft hotpatches. I also changed more than boot, did several changes each time testing config.plist files.
You can check and probably define better what helps me booting when I changed his dsdt.

I attached the EFI folder
in EFI/Clover the config.plist is the one untouched from his guide
Also in the clover folder there is a folder called Last tested config files so those are the ones I tested
Last one tested is called config not working, really similar to his untouched but didn't modify anything from the boot
Before that one tried the one which says config working, this one worked booting and worked sleeping, did a fast test but pretty much noticed everything worked.
And also the config old which is the one I used when I had sleep problems, it was mainly created by you, just modified smbios, kextstopatch...

I had same sleep issues with 10.12.2 but wanted to dual boot so I reinstalled both, will update later to 10.12.2

No idea what to do with all that...
My advice:
- follow the guide as written
- if you have an issue, provide details/files as per post #1.

No idea what to do with all that...
My advice:
- follow the guide as written
- if you have an issue, provide details/files as per post #1.
So mostly just the attached EFI folder with that config and those patched SSDTs would be the untouched folder from his guide. What the final folder would be. He made the guide for a laptop similar but I can confirm his config file boot section has to be modified to be used with the Lenovo G50-70. Check out the EFI/Clover/config.plist mostly the boot section.

So mostly just the attached EFI folder with that config and those patched SSDTs would be the untouched folder from his guide. What the final folder would be. He made the guide for a laptop similar but I can confirm his config file boot section has to be modified to be used with the Lenovo G50-70. Check out the EFI/Clover/config.plist mostly the boot section.

Might be due to incorrect BIOS settings.
For example, if you forgot to disable VT-d, you would need dart=0 and/or DropTables with DMAR.

Might be due to incorrect BIOS settings.
For example, if you forgot to disable VT-d, you would need dart=0 and/or DropTables with DMAR.
It was the kext dev mode boot flag. Not sure why he didnt include it, he may have compiled his kexts with an Apple Dev account.

It was the kext dev mode boot flag. Not sure why he didnt include it, he may have compiled his kexts with an Apple Dev account.

AFAIK, kext-dev-mode=1 has no effect with 10.11.x and later. But it does have an effect for 10.10.x.
For 10.11.x and later, disabling SIP (RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig, RtVariables/BooterConfig) is the way it is done now.
Currently, you're posting in the Sierra forum.
I always include kext-dev-mode in my plists as my guides are generally applicable to 10.11.x and even earlier.
The guide uses my kexts on bitbucket (automatically downloaded via download.sh). They are not signed.

Are you installing 10.10.x?

AFAIK, kext-dev-mode=1 has no effect with 10.11.x and later. But it does have an effect for 10.10.x.
Currently, you're posting in the Sierra forum.
I always include kext-dev-mode in my plists as my guides are generally applicable to 10.11.x and even earlier.
The guide uses my kexts on bitbucket (automatically downloaded via download.sh). They are not signed.

Are you installing 10.10.x?
No Im using 10.12.0 and I have Virtualization off.
But I tried his config plist with just your boot section and worked.
Then tried deleting the arguments line or boot flag line and tgen didnt work, got the same kernel panic.

No Im using 10.12.0 and I have Virtualization off.
But I tried his config plist with just your boot section and worked.
Then tried deleting the arguments line or boot flag line and tgen didnt work, got the same kernel panic.

I don't know what "tgen" is.
Deleting all the arguments at once will not tell you which argument was required.
Virtualization is not the same as VT-d.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back