Graphics
UHD 630 + GTX 1060 1920x1080
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I sometimes work towards getting a fully working hackintosh and right now I am only getting one weird problem I am not sure why it happens and suspect it is a DSDT problem.
So what happens is that sleeping while plugged in Hackintosh has no problems but when it is using battery power and display already turned off to save battery (hibernation is disabled) like 2 minutes later it starts to do sound like the when the pc is being turned on camera light flashes a sec, battery light flashes and fan sounds like when pc turns on. I used to have a problem like this before but the pc when that happens actually restart like powering on, now if i click with the trackpad mac os is still on and everything like I left it.

I'm not sure but I think that what made the pc change from restarting and not after turning off display a couple minutes after was changing the DSDT.
Its a Lenovo G50-70

I am already using pikers alpha SSDT for native power management

I attached the Clover folder, i am currently using the graphic boot fix with clover config file same for the playback safari freeze with HD4400/44600 and haven't had any problems since then.

Edit: Added the kexts that I installed to system because it might be easier to find the problem knowing installed kexts.
The DisplayMergeNub.kext is installed to fix the display pref panel in settings.

Edit 2:I can confirm it is a DSDT issue, I need help from someone with advanced ACPI knowledge.

Edit 3: It seems to be a sleep issue, when using the Hackintosh on battery power I have enabled Prevent the computer from sleeping automatically while on battery power there is no option so using Amphetamine from AppStore have helped me prevent that for a couple minutes of testing.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 114
  • Install to system.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 119
Last edited:
So I sometimes work towards getting a fully working hackintosh and right now I am only getting one weird problem I am not sure why it happens and suspect it is a DSDT problem.
So what happens is that sleeping while plugged in Hackintosh has no problems but when it is using battery power and display already turned off to save battery (hibernation is disabled) like 2 minutes later it starts to do sound like the when the pc is being turned on camera light flashes a sec, battery light flashes and fan sounds like when pc turns on. I used to have a problem like this before but the pc when that happens actually restart like powering on, now if i click with the trackpad mac os is still on and everything like I left it.

I'm not sure but I think that what made the pc change from restarting and not after turning off display a couple minutes after was changing the DSDT.
Its a Lenovo G50-70

I am already using pikers alpha SSDT for native power management

I attached the Clover folder, i am currently using the graphic boot fix with clover config file same for the playback safari freeze with HD4400/44600 and haven't had any problems since then.

Edit: Added the kexts that I installed to system because it might be easier to find the problem knowing installed kexts.
The DisplayMergeNub.kext is installed to fix the display pref panel in settings.

Edit 2:I can confirm it is a DSDT issue, I need help from someone with advanced ACPI knowledge.

Edit 3: It seems to be a sleep issue, when using the Hackintosh on battery power I have enabled Prevent the computer from sleeping automatically while on battery power there is no option so using Amphetamine from AppStore have helped me prevent that for a couple minutes of testing.

Why are you using ACPI hotpatch *AND* static patching?

Why are you using ACPI hotpatch *AND* static patching?
I didn't think it could cause problems, what static patches should I use with the SSDTs I currently use?
Am I missing any patches I should use?

I didn't think it could cause problems, what static patches should I use with the SSDTs I currently use?
Am I missing any patches I should use?

If you recompile the DSDT (as with static patching), you would then need to verify that the binary patterns in your hotpatch Find/Replace data still match. Compiler optimizations can change it even though you didn't change the related source code.

I consider it a bad idea to use static + hotpatch together. It is much harder to verify everything is working like you think it should.

Why did you static patch DSDT?

I patched the DSDT because was the first guide of getting many things to work, i didnt create the hotpatches for my laptop, I used those files from another thread.

I will try to get all patches tomorrow after I reinstall Sierra.
I am dual booting MacOS Sierra and Windows 10 I created the clover EFI entry with windows using easyEFI.
If I wanna reinstall tomorrow or one of these days, how do I create an EFI entry for Clover using MacOS, if possible a kinda easy way, im not really experienced coding neither dual booting and stuff.

Also would you recommend MaciASL to recompile DSDT with hotpatches?

I think my battery problems was with the sleep (the problem from the post), is there anyway to disable it permanently? Just to allow display to go off

I patched the DSDT because was the first guide of getting many things to work, i didnt create the hotpatches for my laptop, I used those files from another thread.

Don't combine guides. Don't combine hotpatch with static patch, especially if you're not even understanding what each does.

Also would you recommend MaciASL to recompile DSDT with hotpatches?

Hotpatch does not involve "compiling DSDT".
If you want to do hotpatch, you should read the guide for hotpatch so you understand the fundamental ideas behind it.

I think my battery problems was with the sleep (the problem from the post), is there anyway to disable it permanently? Just to allow display to go off

There is some information in the FAQ regarding sleep. Make sure you read it.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

So I read what I found of Sleep and reinstalling patched my own DSDT im not using any hotpatches, but im using SSDT created with pikersalpha too and a HDMI audio DSDT from the automatic command to enable HDMI audio on Sierra.
Applied these patches to the DSDT
HDEF for audio
IRQ
Battery
GFX0 to IGPU
Brightness fix (to use with IntelBacklight)

I feel the hackintosh faster but still have that sleep reboot problem even tho I disabled hibernation. Only when on bettery power as when it os connected I enabled the prevent from sleeping.

Attachments

• EFI 2.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 113
So I read what I found of Sleep and reinstalling patched my own DSDT im not using any hotpatches, but im using SSDT created with pikersalpha too and a HDMI audio DSDT from the automatic command to enable HDMI audio on Sierra.
Applied these patches to the DSDT
HDEF for audio
IRQ
Battery
GFX0 to IGPU
Brightness fix (to use with IntelBacklight)

I feel the hackintosh faster but still have that sleep reboot problem even tho I disabled hibernation. Only when on bettery power as when it os connected I enabled the prevent from sleeping.

ACPI is not patched correctly. Based on ACPI/origin, you should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-6.aml

Don't forget about correct config.plist settings SortedOrder and DropOem.

See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back