Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @fameart it sounds like you are planning to install the Broadcom module internally. I thought I should remind you, this will only give you internal WiFi. You won't get internal Bluetooth working. It is not possible because Bluetooth doesn't work through PCIe.

Ah damn, didn't know this I'm new to hackintosh. But if I have internal wifi I can use USB bluetooth? Strange thing is also that sometimes my bluetooth is working from my current wifi card internal.

2018-06-10 19.53.12.jpg
I messed something up by replacing the trackpad kexts. Only way I can enter the system now is by installing MacOS above the exisiting installation. Sleep and wake works fine after that. Just when I hard restart the system this panic appears. Any advice?

I use three finger drag instead of two-tap drag. The trackpad kexts are still in develop. Maybe in the future two-tap drag can work perfect.

Branching off this, before I used your EFI/kexts, I had the trackpad kind of working where I could two-tap drag, which I wasnt sure if that was a feature of the driver or the hardware or the OS. Do you have any resources for learning how the touchpad kext works? I would be curious to see how that might be implemented.

Ah damn, didn't know this I'm new to hackintosh. But if I have internal wifi I can use USB bluetooth? Strange thing is also that sometimes my bluetooth is working from my current wifi card internal.

That's what I did. I have internal wifi and a bluetooth dongle (see the list for a good model) and it works fine.

Yes, if you use the Broadcom module, following my guide, you can get internal WiFi working and you should be able to use an external USB Bluetooth module. You said that sometimes your internal Bluetooth works, I am guessing that is because you are dual booting with windows or Linux. If you boot to windows or Linux, then do a reboot into macOS it probably works. If you boot straight into macOS it won't be working.

Yes, if you use the Broadcom module, following my guide, you can get internal WiFi working and you should be able to use an external USB Bluetooth module. You said that sometimes your internal Bluetooth works, I am guessing that is because you are dual booting with windows or Linux. If you boot to windows or Linux, then do a reboot into macOS it probably works. If you boot straight into macOS it won't be working.

Is it because the driver Injection from the Windows system?

Yes saw your guide and ordered the same stuff :) I will use a usb dongle then. It's possible that indeed it works after I have boot my system to windows and then reboot to OSX. Thanks also for your guide.

Edit: Jup, if I boot windows and reboot to OSX I have bluetooth available. This is workable for me :) thnx

Last edited:
Everybody that is having problems with the trackpad, just delete all the VODOO files existing in:
"/System/Library/Extensions".
And restart the computer.

Everybody that is having problems with the trackpad, just delete all the VODOO files existing in:
"/System/Library/Extensions".
And restart the computer.
I'm not experienced with hackintosh... what are "VOODO files"? I see a lot of .kext files but I don't see any files with "VOODO" in its name in my \System\Library\Extentions folder.
I am still trying to find what the problem is with my trackpad. Right click never works and left click works about half the time. Any help is appreciated.

I'm not experienced with hackintosh... what are "VOODO files"? I see a lot of .kext files but I don't see any files with "VOODO" in its name in my \System\Library\Extentions folder.
I am still trying to find what the problem is with my trackpad. Right click never works and left click works about half the time. Any help is appreciated.

In other releases i was using ktext utility to inject the new controllers( droping them in) , but now with the new realease of stevezhengshiq, all the drivers (ktext) are inside the boot folder, and i was having a problem with the duplicated ktext.

If you don't have any boodo ktext on \System\Library\Extentions folder my solution its not going to work for you sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back