Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
A post of Rehabman have explained the difference in detail, but I can't find it. Basically, the post says kexts installed in /L/E can work more stable and more "native".
Open the config.plist with Text Editor or Clover Configurator, search for the code:
Code:
<key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
And then change "Yes" to "Detect".

Thank you. Do I deleted any of the kext inside the clover folder after this is done or do I leave the duplicates as is ?

I read the entire post but it doesn't say which kext is mandatory to be in the clover folder. Any recommendations?

You need the 2 vodoo kext you can find in the EFI folder of the 2 github links in the first post. Without them the touchpad won’t work. Then ensure that you just didn’t pressed the touchpad button ( f7 maybe, I don’t remember ).

It's no problem for me because I will add an internal Wifi card with bluetooth.
Hi @fameart it sounds like you are planning to install the Broadcom module internally. I thought I should remind you, this will only give you internal WiFi. You won't get internal Bluetooth working. It is not possible because Bluetooth doesn't work through PCIe.

You need the 2 vodoo kext you can find in the EFI folder of the 2 github links in the first post. Without them the touchpad won’t work. Then ensure that you just didn’t pressed the touchpad button ( f7 maybe, I don’t remember ).

Thank you. I removed all kext except the 2 voodoo kext from the EFT folder and no issues booting. I believe it's the f9 key that disable the trackpad.
Noticed that the battery meter doesn't update anymore until a reboot. Did I remove a kext from the clover folder that is needed for this?
Thank you so much for the help.

Last edited:
I read the entire post but it doesn't say which kext is mandatory to be in the clover folder. Any recommendations?

Only "essential" kexts go to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
Essential kexts are those kexts you need to effectively operate the installer and/or recovery partition.

Only "essential" kexts go to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
Essential kexts are those kexts you need to effectively operate the installer and/or recovery partition.

Not sure what essential kexts are. I believe this is where I am getting stuck. Would have to remove kexts and then to find out that it's essential during boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back