Contribute
Register

[Guide] Sierra on HP Spectre x360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks I tried patching the battery from what the guide for this laptop in El Capitan said. All I have is a battery symbol with no info. The guide you wrote regarding battery fix is so complicated I would have to dedicate days to actually implement it. It requires learning a new programming language and software and even then the instructions are, "here's an example of how this would work on a different computer, figure it out on yours". Seems like way too much work just to get the battery icon. I got in maciasl to apply the patch the guide for this laptop in El Capitan suggested but it wouldn't let me apply because it said 0 changes would occur so I added the kext just for kicks and I get an icon with no info. I attached the "patched" DSDT (there were a few variables it didn't like so I just deleted them? seems ridiculous but the guides seemed to suggest this.)

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    178.4 KB · Views: 110
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 75
Thanks I tried patching the battery from what the guide for this laptop in El Capitan said. All I have is a battery symbol with no info. The guide you wrote regarding battery fix is so complicated I would have to dedicate days to actually implement it. It requires learning a new programming language and software and even then the instructions are, "here's an example of how this would work on a different computer, figure it out on yours". Seems like way too much work just to get the battery icon.

Quoting the battery guide:
Existing Patches

First of all, it could be that there is patch already available for your laptop. See my patches at: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

In order to match your DSDT with a patch, it is often necessary to understand how the patches are made in the first place, so you know what to look for in your DSDT and can match what you see with the patches already available. A patch set that has a high ratio of changes to patches, creates no errors, and appears to patch all fields that need to be patched is likely a match.

More info here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...g-battery-status.116102/page-333#post-1360697

*** Note: Do not use DSDT Editor or any program other than MaciASL. I do not test my patches with DSDT Editor. I test only with MaciASL.

In your case, it seems the "HP G6 2221ss" patch is a match.

I got in maciasl to apply the patch the guide for this laptop in El Capitan suggested but it wouldn't let me apply because it said 0 changes would occur

No idea which patch you're referring to.

so I added the kext just for kicks and I get an icon with no info.

As expected without a properly patched DSDT.

I attached the "patched" DSDT (there were a few variables it didn't like so I just deleted them? seems ridiculous but the guides seemed to suggest this.)

Sounds like you made a mistake "just deleted them"...

These are the errors I get in DSDT, how do I fix? I just deleted arg0 from one part and all the args from another and it compiled... Honestly I have no idea how I'm supposed to be able to debug this... On the one that compiles without errors that I posted if I try to patch the patch you referred to it also doesn't let me, claiming there are 0 changes that would be made :( Help me obi wan kenobe you're my only hope.
13935, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG0
17437, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG0

These are the errors I get in DSDT, how do I fix? I just deleted arg0 from one part and all the args from another and it compiled... Honestly I have no idea how I'm supposed to be able to debug this... On the one that compiles without errors that I posted if I try to patch the patch you referred to it also doesn't let me, claiming there are 0 changes that would be made :( Help me obi wan kenobe you're my only hope.
13935, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG0
17437, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG0

Disassemble with refs.txt as per guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Make sure you're using the tools linked by the guide (iasl/MaciASL).
Make sure you're using ACPI 6.1 in MaciASL->Preferences.

I only have up to 5.1 available in MaciASL :( also the refs guide is a little ambiguous : "First create refs.txt in the directory where your DSDT/SSDT files are:" They're in two directories, origin and patched...

I only have up to 5.1 available in MaciASL :(

You are not using the correct tools.
The correct tools are linked from the guide.
The guide is linked from post #125.

"First create refs.txt in the directory where your DSDT/SSDT files are:" They're in two directories, origin and patched...

Clearly, you need to have it in the same directory as the files which you intend to disassemble.

You are not using the correct tools.
The correct tools are linked from the guide.
The guide is linked from post #125.

Clearly, you need to have it in the same directory as the files which you intend to disassemble.
Ok now I got the newer version of MACiasl with 6.1. now when I compile I have no errors, just warnings. Does that mean I can just attempt to patch now without refs?

Ok now I got the newer version of MACiasl with 6.1. now when I compile I have no errors, just warnings. Does that mean I can just attempt to patch now without refs?

Your question regarding warnings is answered in the guide linked by post #125.
Please read it. Carefully.

Well I went ahead and patched, now the battery bar shows a percentage and knows when it's plugged in or not. I don't think it's actually working though because it seems to always say 98%...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back