Contribute
Register

[Guide] Sierra on HP Spectre x360

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait maybe my battery is just amazing... Now it's 97%...

wait maybe my battery is just amazing... Now it's 97%...

Yes... if it is not plugged in, we should expect gradual discharge.

Ok now left with this issue. I did patch the boot glitch (which made it slightly better, still funky resizing and what not but less garbled image). But I still have this weird thing where the username and avatar are to the right of the password field for login. It only happens when using HiDPI resolution. Can you confirm I patched the boot glitch properly in plist?

Attachments

• 20170523_090013.jpg
    20170523_090013.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 103
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 92
Ok now left with this issue. I did patch the boot glitch (which made it slightly better, still funky resizing and what not but less garbled image).

As is documented the severity of glitch is only reduced with the patch.
And it is slightly better (usually) if you can enable legacy boot/CSM.

But I still have this weird thing where the username and avatar are to the right of the password field for login. It only happens when using HiDPI resolution.

It seems to be a bug in macOS. I have found the same thing.
It is not a big deal.

Can you confirm I patched the boot glitch properly in plist?

You didn't attach anything.

As is documented the severity of glitch is only reduced with the patch.
And it is slightly better (usually) if you can enable legacy boot/CSM.

It seems to be a bug in macOS. I have found the same thing.
It is not a big deal.

You didn't attach anything.
I edited my post, there is the clover.zip?

All in all pretty happy. I now have a mac with an i7 processor touch screen, 8gigs of ram. 512 ssd 1440p resolution where everything seems to work as well as it does on a real Mac, and this laptop was bought for less than a third of what a similarly equipped Mac would cost. Fast boot, battery, wifi, touch screen, brightness controls, volume controls. How should I handle updates? Should I allow macOS to update? How to I set that up? Does it have the potential to mess up the system?

Thanks @RehabMan and tonymac86.com you guys really help out!

Trackpad still a little slow and not recognized by system prefs but you keep telling me to upload unnamed files I'm not sure which ones are relevant to this problem.

How should I handle updates? Should I allow macOS to update? How to I set that up?

Updates can usually be done via the Mac App Store.
Automatic updates are probably a bad idea, as you may need to update Clover/kexts/etc prior to an update.

Does it have the potential to mess up the system?

Impossible to predict the future, so yes...

Trackpad still a little slow and not recognized by system prefs but you keep telling me to upload unnamed files I'm not sure which ones are relevant to this problem.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting".

Hi guys,

I have a x360 i3 haswell hd4400

I've got wifi working, battery, graphics etc

having some problems with bluetooth though- hoping someone can have a look for me?

It appears in IOreg as a usb device I also have the kexts in SLE and the patches in config

Also be really intrested in anyone whos got the touchscreen working on the x360- again shows as a usb device so hoping it would work

Attachments

• Sam’s MacBook.ioreg
    8 MB · Views: 95
  • config.plist
    16.4 KB · Views: 198
Hi guys,

I have a x360 i3 haswell hd4400

I've got wifi working, battery, graphics etc

having some problems with bluetooth though- hoping someone can have a look for me?

It appears in IOreg as a usb device I also have the kexts in SLE and the patches in config

Also be really intrested in anyone whos got the touchscreen working on the x360- again shows as a usb device so hoping it would work
Touch screen worked on the first boot for mine. Mine is the late 2015 skylake model though so we probably have completely different hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back