Contribute
Register

[Guide] Sierra on HP Spectre x360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks correct to me. Test with ACPIBacklight.kext.

Tested it and the brightness doesn't work. Display appears as in-build, slider appears, sleep upon closing the lid works - just the brightness doesn't. So I will try xrandr with Xquartz. Not much hope though.

Tested it and the brightness doesn't work. Display appears as in-build, slider appears, sleep upon closing the lid works - just the brightness doesn't. So I will try xrandr with Xquartz. Not much hope though.

Are you saying that brightness slider only works before sleep?
Or not all all?
You should probably use ACPIDebug to trace code path/variables/etc within the brightness methods.

Are you saying that brightness slider only works before sleep?
Or not all all?
You should probably use ACPIDebug to trace code path/variables/etc within the brightness methods.

No, I'm saying that that slider appears, but doesn't control anything. There is no brightness control.

Regarding debugging, I have understood that I'm not good at it, when I was patching the battery, so maybe sometime in the future :)

No, I'm saying that that slider appears, but doesn't control anything. There is no brightness control.

Regarding debugging, I have understood that I'm not good at it, when I was patching the battery, so maybe sometime in the future :)

Always time to learn if you're motivated...

Always time to learn if you're motivated...
Hey rehabman, I want to finally install Sierra on the machine but there is still one thing, the wi-fi card. To be as futureproof as possible I want to upgrade it with the one in the Newest macbook pros. However is there support and words has it that they are even worse as the rated speed is down from gigabit plus to sth lie 887. Thanks!

Bro if you don't have time I am willing to write a new guide soon, if anybody wants to help that would be great as well since I am not The best person when it comes to hackingtoshing a laptop tbh...

For OLED screens with no native brightness this brightness control does the job. It doesn't put an overlay but scales video signal. There was a free alternative (an ugly looking app and now it is gone - at least I can't find it). I am getting around + 1 hour with battery compared to an overlay solution.

https://itunes.apple.com/lt/app/dimmer/id1023300460

P.S. You should remember shortcuts in the case you accidentally slide brightness to zero (black screen).

Last edited:
I'm bringing my troubleshooting here. I have no idea what the problem is. I tried installing clover to SSD as mentioned in separate thread. Maybe I didn't replace plist? Maybe the clover folder I found in the search bar wasn't the one for the EFI on the drive? I can post what I think is the EFI file but I can't confirm that that's the real one. I found it by looking for clover in the search bar. The folders location is EFI Backups/r4061/[date]/EFI. Maybe I didn't put the right plist in because I wasn't editing the right Clover folder. But here's what I have in that folder and what I want to be in the EFI

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back