Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade, Late 2016, FHD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! does it matter what you name your ROM file with before you flash it? It sort of freezes on a pop up message asking me to make sure all other apps are closed.
No it does not matter. Let the computer sit for a few minutes. It seems as if it is locking up but just give it time.

Does this new version give touchpads gesture and 2 finger scrolls too? If so would love to see a guide :)
Not yet he hasn't ported the Synaptics protocol to the driver yet. It will give basic mouse functionality. Multi-touch only applies to the touchscreen due to the Kext's ability to interact with USB devices.

No it does not matter. Let the computer sit for a few minutes. It seems as if it is locking up but just give it time.

Not yet he hasn't ported the Synaptics protocol to the driver yet. It will give basic mouse functionality. Multi-touch only applies to the touchscreen due to the Kext's ability to interact with USB devices.

Cheers Man! I think you and UAR are doing a fantastic job. I’ll keep following this thread to see how mich further you guya can go :)

ALSO! For anyone with the touchscreen version of the Razer Blade, the new VoodooI2C gives us gesture control and 2 finger click/scroll via our touchscreens. @uar would you be willing to work together to make a new guide? I think we could update yours with a few of the fixes ive found to add some more overall functionality.
Of course we can. Add anything, I'll link that post in the guide.

Last edited:
Thanks! does it matter what you name your ROM file with before you flash it? It sort of freezes on a pop up message asking me to make sure all other apps are closed.
The guide is updated with instructions to unlock BIOS...

The guide is updated with instructions to install and configure NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060...

RehabMan could you move this guide to "High Sierra Laptop Guides"?

Would the post installation steps work for a razer blade 2017 fhd? I have an i7700 with the same nvidia gtx 1060. I've only gotten wifi, bluetooth, and audio via voodoohda working

Would the post installation steps work for a razer blade 2017 fhd? I have an i7700 with the same nvidia gtx 1060. I've only gotten wifi, bluetooth, and audio via voodoohda working
I think it will work, but try. If you need help, ask! :thumbup:

Thanks! I coudnt unlock the BIOS following other tutorials but yours worked like a charm! Quick question though I run a dual boot config as I game on windows - would disabling C states have any impact on the windows side?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back