Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade, Late 2016, FHD

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit confused here. The guide says trackpad is not working anymore but Im pretty sure the old VoodooI2C kext still works just without the gestures.
It isn't working for me after some updates. I don't know why, but if it works for you, let me know!

Last edited:
@uar have you tested the mojave beta yet? im thinking about testing it out sometime this week.

No, I am waiting for the public beta expected to be available in July.

Update:
  • USB-C no longer works, I am troubleshooting the issue. Happened most likely after one of the latest updates.

Added Sierra support back to the guide do lack of functionality in High Sierra...

Updated to macOS Mojave public beta. Testing drivers right now....

I want to, but the first beta killed my (legit) MacBook, so not gonna let it loose on my Razer just yet :D

I want to, but the first beta killed my (legit) MacBook, so not gonna let it loose on my Razer just yet :D
I recommend installing Sierra as both of these two latest operating systems by Apple have some serious issues on the blade. Today I have been working on to get the trackpad back, but with no luck only KPs.

For each update, it gets worse. Only NVMe natively was something good, after that, each update had a nasty surprise. First they removed the trackpad support in 10.13.3, USB-C in 10.13.4 (even if you insert the device before booting up), iGPU (at installation even with ig-platform-id) at 10.13.4 and 5. This continues to Mojave. You'll may need a flashlight to install Mojave...:(

It is not just the hacks, people are complaining about issues on their MacBook Pros. Slow, unresponsive and so on.

They truly made High Sierra as the Vista of the Mac experience and Mojave continues this thread and yet tops them all.

I recommend installing Sierra as both of these two latest operating systems by Apple have some serious issues on the blade. Today I have been working on to get the trackpad back, but with no luck only KPs.

For each update, it gets worse. Only NVMe natively was something good, after that, each update had a nasty surprise. First they removed the trackpad support in 10.13.3, USB-C in 10.13.4 (even if you insert the device before booting up), iGPU (at installation even with ig-platform-id) at 10.13.4 and 5. This continues to Mojave. You'll may need a flashlight to install Mojave...:(

It is not just the hacks, people are complaining about issues on their MacBook Pros. Slow, unresponsive and so on.

They truly made High Sierra as the Vista of the Mac experience and Mojave continues this thread and yet tops them all.
VoodooI2CHID.kext will crash on Mojave, that's a known problem. Probably due to a change in IOCommandGate (New source code will only be released after official Mojave release).
You can try a suggested solution in GitHub (See comments of issue #70 in the VoodooI2C repository. You'll need to build it yourself), but it's not a solution suitable for release.

About trackpad not working on 10.13.3+, please attach Problem Reporting files from High Sierra. If you still have it running anyway ;)
Nothing should've made VoodooI2C stop working on this release.
BTW, please try with latest v2.0.3 of VoodooI2C. Not an older version.

VoodooI2CHID.kext will crash on Mojave, that's a known problem. Probably due to a change in IOCommandGate (New source code will only be released after official Mojave release).
You can try a suggested solution in GitHub (See comments of issue #70 in the VoodooI2C repository. You'll need to build it yourself), but it's not a solution suitable for release.

About trackpad not working on 10.13.3+, please attach Problem Reporting files from High Sierra. If you still have it running anyway ;)
Nothing should've made VoodooI2C stop working on this release.
BTW, please try with latest v2.0.3 of VoodooI2C. Not an older version.
Did you patch DSDT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back