Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get gen_debug from here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

Honestly I would put kexts into the clover folder and not /L/E or /S/L/E. If you install your kexts into the system volume, you won't be able to update the os later. The "Install macOS" partition that will be created during an update can't be booted without kexts in clover. Also can't/shouldn't do that on Catalina and Opencore as well.

Thank you, I'll be sure to upload later.

hi all, hope everyone has been well during these trying times. I'm not sure if this is the best place for this, so forgive me in advance, but trying to find answers and this seems to be the closest match.

I have a 2018 Razer 13" hackintosh build based on the following:

Works super well and the touch screen is great but trying hard to get the SLEEP to work has been a real challenge.

I attached the debug file.

Any insight or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• debug_21883.zip
    5 MB · Views: 67
Ok, so I have tried acquiring the original DSDT to use for editing, however when at the boot menu in selecting F4 to download it upon boot, it doesn't show up. Am I doing it wrong? Do I hold down the key or enter a command to do it?

Nvmd, got it. but still no errors in the dsdt but trackpad and audio still have no function..

Last edited:
I tried to patch the BIOS of my Razer Blade Advanced 2019. The System Agent Config was successfully changed to USER, but the relevant entry is not visible in the BIOS.
Any ideas why that is? Screenshot of the BIOS setting attached.

Attachments

• BIOS Razer Advanced 2019.jpg
    BIOS Razer Advanced 2019.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 60
I tried to patch the BIOS of my Razer Blade Advanced 2019. The System Agent Config was successfully changed to USER, but the relevant entry is not visible in the BIOS.
Any ideas why that is? Screenshot of the BIOS setting attached.
Did you change:
Chipset -> System Agent (SA) Configuration -> User
Chipset -> System Agent (SA) Configuration (Folder) -> System Agent (SA) Configuration -> User

Did you flash back the modified bios?

I actually had only changed the second one, but I now chaged the first one, so both System Agent (SA) Config now read USER. I have this confirmed by dumping the BIOS. I also changed the DVMT directly in that BIOS dump to 64MB and uploaded it, but it didn't make a difference. It's like nothing sticks in the BIOS!

Hi @vettz500 , I was able to get my debug files to look at. I still can't get audio and trackpad, but I will be happy to give what I can as a way to say thank you.

I attached my updated EFI folder, with my original DSDT.

Attachments

• debug_25078.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 85
  • Elijah’s iMac.ioreg
    5.6 MB · Views: 98
  • EFI.zip
    25.7 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Don't know if anyone has ran into this problem before but when trying to unlock bios, I'm only able to do so when I have the original name drive installed. When I go into bios with the new one installed no unlocked options show up. Weird right?
That seems to be exactly the problem I have.
I succesfully flashed the altered BIOS, but the options don't show up.
I swapped the original SSD for a bigger one and sold the old one.
What now? Am I f'ed?

That seems to be exactly the problem I have.
I succesfully flashed the altered BIOS, but the options don't show up.
I swapped the original SSD for a bigger one and sold the old one.
What now? Am I f'ed?

Take a look at this:

Maybe this too:

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back