Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can still dual boot with opencore. The thing is though that it injects all the SSDT patches for Windows too and I'm personally not a fan of that. There is a fork of opencore that doesn't do this but for now I just press F12 when booting and choose either Windows or opencore/macOS in the bios picker (both on the same ssd). It's the more modern approach though so it might make sense to just start with that to be honest.

You could for example use the EFI folder by hrytskivr on github and disable the hotpatches and SSDTs for the battery and trackpad (set enabled to false in the config.plist for SSDT-BATT, SSDT-I2C) until you make your own. That should get you into the OS.

Stonevils guide should also still work. But there are a couple of things that are not needed in there (no need for the backlight DSDT patch for example) and the files are mostly outdated by now. You might need to install a newer clover version and update the included kexts.

Happy hacking :D
Cool thank you so much! I went to the github for the person who had success with the same version of the blade I have. Using his config I was able to boot off of the drive that has macos installed on it. Just have to figure out how to get iGPU working correctly, brightness and trackpad!

Still will look into opencore

Update on progress on my Hackintosh, have gotten trackpad working as well as batterystatus. Still need to get graphics acceleration sorted out. May or may not swap the wifi card to get handoff support. Currently using a tplink wifi dongle. Hopefully will be able to get the graphics part working properly!

I was just wondering, I wanted to run Xcode, and I was told I need Catalina to do that. Anyway regardless of whether that is true, is it possible to use this guide to run Catalina?

Hi everyone, running a Blade 2018 Base. Almost done, but can't seem to get the audio and trackpad to work, seeking any help I can. I know this guide is for the advanced model but I have used it to help with the base up until now. I attached my EFI folder and the HDD EFI folder from Library/extensions/EFI to compare to see if I may have messed up on something. I also ordered a new network card that supports wifi and bluetooth with MAC OS X.

Any insight will be helpful :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24 MB · Views: 86
If I remember correctly the base model 2018 has the same trackpad as the 2019 advanced. You could try following the trackpad related parts of stonevil's guide. I think it's just a matter of using the latest VoodooI2C and patching your DSDT as described in the guide.

Hi, didn't see the reply, I did follow it and double checked. with no avail.

Hi, didn't see the reply, I did follow it and double checked. with no avail.
Just had a look at your patched DSDT. You didn't apply any trackpad patches. Your _CRS method is untouched, pin list is empty and the SSCN methods weren't moved. Unless you just put a clean DSDT in your patched folder you're doing it wrong.

Try following that guide again and report back with your patched DSDT.

You could also try hotpatching. These files are for the early 2019 advanced version but they may also work for your model. (See attached Trackpad.zip)

Next, update all your kexts to their latest versions. Your Voodooi2c version is 2.1.4, that's over 1.5 years out of date. I'd suggest using Kext Updater to get the latest versions of everything.

Attachments

• Trackpad.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 76
I know you guys are waiting on an updated guide and I'm definitely working on it! Just trying to solve a few bugs that are holding things back. Not trying to write this guide 4 different times lol

Just had a look at your patched DSDT. You didn't apply any trackpad patches. Your _CRS method is untouched, pin list is empty and the SSCN methods weren't moved. Unless you just put a clean DSDT in your patched folder you're doing it wrong.

Try following that guide again and report back with your patched DSDT.

You could also try hotpatching. These files are for the early 2019 advanced version but they may also work for your model. (See attached Trackpad.zip)

Next, update all your kexts to their latest versions. Your Voodooi2c version is 2.1.4, that's over 1.5 years out of date. I'd suggest using Kext Updater to get the latest versions of everything.
Weird, I really hope there isn't an issue with my DSDT not saving as a patched version...I'll give the hotpatch a try and report back. Thank you for responding btw.

Hi everyone, running a Blade 2018 Base. Almost done, but can't seem to get the audio and trackpad to work, seeking any help I can. I know this guide is for the advanced model but I have used it to help with the base up until now. I attached my EFI folder and the HDD EFI folder from Library/extensions/EFI to compare to see if I may have messed up on something. I also ordered a new network card that supports wifi and bluetooth with MAC OS X.

Any insight will be helpful :)
I am going to link my EFI folder, I personally think that clover is no longer a good option, and I use Open Core. The reason behind this (at least for me) is that there is no code running across the screen when you boot. You just select it and the Apple logo pops up. I think it is freaking amazing, and the closest we have gotten to looking like a real MacBook. As for your audio, when I first started, I had my audio working, but then the first time I restarted the computer, I lost my audio, and I don't know why. As for the trackpad, my trackpad seems to be working fine, and I will link my EFI here so that you can try it out (I will change the boot color back to black, because I have the mercury white version, and so I made the boot color white. (the cool grey that Apple uses)

Attachments

• rba-hackintosh-master.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 68
  • EFI.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 94
I am going to link my EFI folder, I personally think that clover is no longer a good option, and I use Open Core. The reason behind this (at least for me) is that there is no code running across the screen when you boot. You just select it and the Apple logo pops up. I think it is freaking amazing, and the closest we have gotten to looking like a real MacBook. As for your audio, when I first started, I had my audio working, but then the first time I restarted the computer, I lost my audio, and I don't know why. As for the trackpad, my trackpad seems to be working fine, and I will link my EFI here so that you can try it out (I will change the boot color back to black, because I have the mercury white version, and so I made the boot color white. (the cool grey that Apple uses)
Thank you, and funny enough. I'm running clover but I get the apple boot animation like normal. I linked my EFI so if you want to go back to clover you can. I'll have to give OC a try, also, I'm not running the latest version of clover, do you think this might have something to do with it?

I'll try your trackpad config and see if that works as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back