Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey ,why the hackintosh system does not recognize my headphone when I plug my headphone into the headphone jack ,any suggestions?

Okay so first off delete LiluFriend.

Secondly, did you run
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
?

Next, you have both FakeSMC and VirtualSMC installed. Remove FakeSMC and get the latest VirtualSMC here. Replace VirtualSMC.kext and SMCBatteryManager.kext in c/k/o.

For the black screen thing it looks like your model has the same problems as mine. You have a couple of ACPI errors that I had and some additional ones that I didn't. I can give you my SSDTs to fix that but you need to remove your DSDT patch that disables the dGPU before you add them. Do the above steps first, see if audio works and we'll go from there.

Honestly at this point - I you plan to use opencore in the future - you should also use the trackpad SSDTs I gave you instead of the stonevil patches, figure out a way to make your battery work with SSDTs (maybe vettz's patch or mine works for your model) and ditch your DSDT as that is the hardest part when moving over.

Thanks a bunch, man, and I think the laptop lid thing is associated with Lilu and lilufriend. I just tried switching to an older version of them and I don't have it anymore haha.

As for open-core, I'll probably switch to that eventually, just for now I don't have a need. but I will be testing Big Sur out with a secondary drive I have.

4k@30hz might work, but again, I don't have a 4k monitor. This is just what I picked up, best way is to just try it. I did some googling just now and we might be able to push resolutions and refresh rates if we increase DVMT prealloc to 128mb. Right now it tops out at 64mb so further bios modding would be required. See this issue on github.

Edit: Just tried the sleep trick mentioned in that issue and it works lol. At least for higher refresh rates.

1. Choose a resolution that usually gets you a black screen (1440p@144hz for me)
2. Click Apple Logo -> Sleep
3. Wait for the sleep indicator to turn white
4. Wake the Laptop back up (guide says to push the power button, that's what I did)

You'll have to do it again after rebooting but better than nothing.

This is really weird behaviour, I have played around with it a bit and what I found to also work for USB-C monitors with high refresh rates and resolutions is to pull the
cable after boot and use a hot corner to get only the internal display to sleep (not the whole system), then to replug the cable and the display should be working. It is indeed very strange and might point to a misbehaving kext (I do not use WhatEverGreen) or something in the DSDT connected to SWAK, SPTS or _WAK, _PTS. I have not spend much time looking into that , but it would be nice to get this working at some point. Does someone have any additional idea?

This is really weird behaviour, I have played around with it a bit and what I found to also work for USB-C monitors with high refresh rates and resolutions is to pull the
cable after boot and use a hot corner to get only the internal display to sleep (not the whole system), then to replug the cable and the display should be working. It is indeed very strange and might point to a misbehaving kext (I do not use WhatEverGreen) or something in the DSDT connected to SWAK, SPTS or _WAK, _PTS. I have not spend much time looking into that , but it would be nice to get this working at some point. Does someone have any additional idea?

It doesn't really matter how you put it to sleep, you can also just close the lid. What I found is that the power led has to reach the white state before waking it back up (which is proper sleep instead of the "preparing to sleep" green mode, whatever that is called).

You can also keep the external display connected and shut the lid at the login screen.

I too think that it might be a DSDT thing. There are still some unresolved ACPI exceptions, warnings that I don't know how to solve without debugging.

Code:
log show --predicate "processID == 0" --last 48h --debug | grep -i  AppleACPIPlatform

This gives me some things of note:

Code:
ACPI Exception: AE_BAD_PARAMETER,
Could not install PciConfig handler for Root Bridge PCI0
  (20160930/evrgnini-340)

ACPI Warning: \_GPE:
Missing expected return value
 (20160930/nsrepair-311)

Expected return object of type Integer
 (20160930/nspredef-381)

You can also check the system log in Console.app by searching for "framebuffer" or "igfb". If you leave the external screen connected after a fresh boot you can see how it's trying to make a connection and failing. Though I never found anything useful that led to a fix there..

It doesn't really matter how you put it to sleep, you can also just close the lid. What I found is that the power led has to reach the white state before waking it back up (which is proper sleep instead of the "preparing to sleep" green mode, whatever that is called).

You can also keep the external display connected and shut the lid at the login screen.

I too think that it might be a DSDT thing. There are still some unresolved ACPI exceptions, warnings that I don't know how to solve without debugging.

Code:
log show --predicate "processID == 0" --last 48h --debug | grep -i  AppleACPIPlatform

This gives me some things of note:

Code:
ACPI Exception: AE_BAD_PARAMETER,
Could not install PciConfig handler for Root Bridge PCI0
  (20160930/evrgnini-340)

Missing expected return value
(20160930/nsrepair-311)

Expected return object of type Integer
(20160930/nspredef-381)

You can also check the system log in Console.app by searching for "framebuffer" or "igfb". If you leave the external screen connected after a fresh boot you can see how it's trying to make a connection and failing. Though I never found anything useful that led to a fix there..

After a fresh boot I do not need the system to sleep (white led) to get the monitor working, it is enough to put the internal display to sleep (with a green led all the time) with a hot corner and then to replug the cable while the internal screen is still off. While this saves some time it is still a bit cumbersome. If I have a bit time over the next few weeks I will try to look into it some more, because it is the only imperfection in the build.

After a fresh boot I do not need the system to sleep (white led) to get the monitor working, it is enough to put the internal display to sleep (with a green led all the time) with a hot corner and then to replug the cable while the internal screen is still off. While this saves some time it is still a bit cumbersome. If I have a bit time over the next few weeks I will try to look into it some more, because it is the only imperfection in the build.
Huh, I'll try that next time but I think I did at some point and it never worked until it reached the white led. Saves some time I guess :p

Yeah I've spent so much time on this thing to get all the patches right, the dgpu battery drain thing, opencore, that I just didn't feel like digging any further especially since it doesn't seem like there's an obvious solution to this. Audio over usb-c also doesn't work, speaking of imperfections but that doesn't really bother me that much. Would be nice to have though.

@Br4inlag

Of course I couldn't let it go lol. Spoiler: I found nothing.

As far as google goes, other than that Xiaomi laptops seem to have the same issue and one guy was recently wondering if this is fixable, there is nothing on this. Either no one cares or this is isolated to the blades and xiaomis of the world.

It does seem like a firmware/acpi thing, since some desktop users reported their problem was fixed after a bios update.

So off to fix those remaining ACPI warnings. Debugging without a DSDT is a little more cumbersome, but I managed to get it working. _GPE returns 0xb, which to me seems like it is an integer (Warning: Expected return object of type Integer) but who knows what constitutes an integer in acpi. It's only executed once at boot and not after sleep and calls GGPE to get that value. GGPE is a long and complicated method and I didn't want to screw with that one.

"Could not install PciConfig handler for Root Bridge PCI0": No idea where to start on this. Google doesn't bring up anything useful either.

@Br4inlag

Of course I couldn't let it go lol. Spoiler: I found nothing.

As far as google goes, other than that Xiaomi laptops seem to have the same issue and one guy was recently wondering if this is fixable, there is nothing on this. Either no one cares or this is isolated to the blades and xiaomis of the world.

It does seem like a firmware/acpi thing, since some desktop users reported their problem was fixed after a bios update.

So off to fix those remaining ACPI warnings. Debugging without a DSDT is a little more cumbersome, but I managed to get it working. _GPE returns 0xb, which to me seems like it is an integer (Warning: Expected return object of type Integer) but who knows what constitutes an integer in acpi. It's only executed once at boot and not after sleep and calls GGPE to get that value. GGPE is a long and complicated method and I didn't want to screw with that one.

"Could not install PciConfig handler for Root Bridge PCI0": No idea where to start on this. Google doesn't bring up anything useful either.

Apple has the sleep/wake trick on their website aswell see "Detect your display". I have searched in the logs and what I found was in the logs when it is working:
2020-06-30 18:01:36.031613+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::connectionProbe(unsigned int, unsigned int)> [IGFB][INFO ] [Connection_probe] newOnline: 1, fOnline: 1
2020-06-30 18:01:36.031616+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::connectionProbe(unsigned int, unsigned int)> [IGFB][INFO ] [Connection_probe] newPortType: 2, fPortType: 2
2020-06-30 18:01:36.031620+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::connectionProbe(unsigned int, unsigned int)> [IGFB][INFO ] [Connection_probe] edid == fEDID
2020-06-30 18:01:36.031623+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::connectionProbe(unsigned int, unsigned int)> [IGFB][INFO ] [Connection_probe] Port Managed by AGDC Port = 1, fb = 1
2020-06-30 18:01:36.037313+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::connectionProbe(unsigned int, unsigned int)> [IGFB][INFO ] [Connection_probe] Enabling audio on post wake, CRTCIndex 1 && online satus = 1
2020-06-30 18:01:36.087940+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelPlane::configurePlane(FlipTransactionArgs*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [Flip_Transaction] FB0: Flipping display with wsaa 1 flipped from 1920 x 1080 -> 1920 x 1080 on 40929000 with 1 options at stride 7680
2020-06-30 18:01:36.091867+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelPlane::configurePlane(FlipTransactionArgs*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [Flip_Transaction] FB1: Flipping display with wsaa 1 flipped from 3440 x 1440 -> 3440 x 1440 on 512bc000 with 1 options at stride 13824

and when it is not working:
6-30 17:57:47.064863+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::connectionProbe(unsigned int, unsigned int)> [IGFB][INFO ] [Connection_probe] newOnline: 1, fOnline: 0
2020-06-30 17:57:47.064865+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::connectionProbe(unsigned int, unsigned int)> [IGFB][INFO ] [Connection_probe] newPortType: 2, fPortType: 2
2020-06-30 17:57:47.064867+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::connectionProbe(unsigned int, unsigned int)> [IGFB][INFO ] [Connection_probe] edid != fEDID
2020-06-30 17:57:47.064869+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::connectionProbe(unsigned int, unsigned int)> [IGFB][INFO ] [Connection_probe] Port Managed by AGDC Port = 1, fb = 1
2020-06-30 17:57:47.073908+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::getAttributeForConnection(int, unsigned int, unsigned long*)> [IGFB][INFO ] FB1 Conection status change: Disconnected --> Connected
2020-06-30 17:57:47.074120+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::getDDCBlock(int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned long long*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [EDID] (bus=0, blockNumber=1, blockType=0, options=0, data=<private>, length=<private>)
2020-06-30 17:57:47.074121+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::fbGetDDCBlock(int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned long long*, unsigned int, AppleIntelDisplayPath*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [EDID] FB1, bus=0, blockNumber=1
2020-06-30 17:57:47.074121+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::fbGetDDCBlock(int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned long long*, unsigned int, AppleIntelDisplayPath*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [EDID] skipCachedEDID = 0
2020-06-30 17:57:47.074124+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::fbGetDDCBlock(int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned long long*, unsigned int, AppleIntelDisplayPath*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [EDID] Port Cache is valid, Returning a cached copy of EDID block 1 (flags=0x6)
2020-06-30 17:57:47.074125+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::fbGetDDCBlock(int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned long long*, unsigned int, AppleIntelDisplayPath*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [EDID] EDID read was 2 us
2020-06-30 17:57:47.074126+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::fbGetDDCBlock(int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned long long*, unsigned int, AppleIntelDisplayPath*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [EDID] return 0
2020-06-30 17:57:47.074127+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::getDDCBlock(int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned long long*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [EDID] return 0
2020-06-30 17:57:47.074129+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::getDDCBlock(int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned long long*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [EDID] (bus=0, blockNumber=2, blockType=0, options=0, data=<private>, length=<private>)
2020-06-30 17:57:47.074129+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::fbGetDDCBlock(int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned long long*, unsigned int, AppleIntelDisplayPath*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [EDID] FB1, bus=0, blockNumber=2
2020-06-30 17:57:47.074130+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::fbGetDDCBlock(int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned long long*, unsigned int, AppleIntelDisplayPath*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [EDID] skipCachedEDID = 0
2020-06-30 17:57:47.074132+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::fbGetDDCBlock(int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned long long*, unsigned int, AppleIntelDisplayPath*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [EDID] Port Cache is valid, Returning a cached copy of EDID block 2 (flags=0x6)
2020-06-30 17:57:47.074133+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::fbGetDDCBlock(int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned long long*, unsigned int, AppleIntelDisplayPath*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [EDID] EDID read was 1 us
2020-06-30 17:57:47.074133+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::fbGetDDCBlock(int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned long long*, unsigned int, AppleIntelDisplayPath*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [EDID] return 0

I don't know exactly what that means, but a notable difference is the line:
[IGFB][INFO ] [Connection_probe] edid == fEDID
vs
[IGFB][INFO ] [Connection_probe] edid != fEDID

I have patched the connectors, framebuffer (2048MB VRAM) and have tried a patched EDID for my monitor, but that locks me at 60Hz, while otherwise working great. Does anyone have any insights about the fEDID line? I have not found much on Google

Apple has the sleep/wake trick on their website aswell see "Detect your display". I have searched in the logs and what I found was in the logs when it is working:
2020-06-30 18:01:36.031613+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::connectionProbe(unsigned int, unsigned int)> [IGFB][INFO ] [Connection_probe] newOnline: 1, fOnline: 1
2020-06-30 18:01:36.031616+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::connectionProbe(unsigned int, unsigned int)> [IGFB][INFO ] [Connection_probe] newPortType: 2, fPortType: 2
2020-06-30 18:01:36.031620+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::connectionProbe(unsigned int, unsigned int)> [IGFB][INFO ] [Connection_probe] edid == fEDID
2020-06-30 18:01:36.031623+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::connectionProbe(unsigned int, unsigned int)> [IGFB][INFO ] [Connection_probe] Port Managed by AGDC Port = 1, fb = 1
2020-06-30 18:01:36.037313+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::connectionProbe(unsigned int, unsigned int)> [IGFB][INFO ] [Connection_probe] Enabling audio on post wake, CRTCIndex 1 && online satus = 1
2020-06-30 18:01:36.087940+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelPlane::configurePlane(FlipTransactionArgs*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [Flip_Transaction] FB0: Flipping display with wsaa 1 flipped from 1920 x 1080 -> 1920 x 1080 on 40929000 with 1 options at stride 7680
2020-06-30 18:01:36.091867+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelPlane::configurePlane(FlipTransactionArgs*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [Flip_Transaction] FB1: Flipping display with wsaa 1 flipped from 3440 x 1440 -> 3440 x 1440 on 512bc000 with 1 options at stride 13824

and when it is not working:
6-30 17:57:47.064863+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::connectionProbe(unsigned int, unsigned int)> [IGFB][INFO ] [Connection_probe] newOnline: 1, fOnline: 0
2020-06-30 17:57:47.064865+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::connectionProbe(unsigned int, unsigned int)> [IGFB][INFO ] [Connection_probe] newPortType: 2, fPortType: 2
2020-06-30 17:57:47.064867+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::connectionProbe(unsigned int, unsigned int)> [IGFB][INFO ] [Connection_probe] edid != fEDID
2020-06-30 17:57:47.064869+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::connectionProbe(unsigned int, unsigned int)> [IGFB][INFO ] [Connection_probe] Port Managed by AGDC Port = 1, fb = 1
2020-06-30 17:57:47.073908+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::getAttributeForConnection(int, unsigned int, unsigned long*)> [IGFB][INFO ] FB1 Conection status change: Disconnected --> Connected
2020-06-30 17:57:47.074120+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::getDDCBlock(int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned long long*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [EDID] (bus=0, blockNumber=1, blockType=0, options=0, data=<private>, length=<private>)
2020-06-30 17:57:47.074121+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::fbGetDDCBlock(int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned long long*, unsigned int, AppleIntelDisplayPath*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [EDID] FB1, bus=0, blockNumber=1
2020-06-30 17:57:47.074121+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::fbGetDDCBlock(int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned long long*, unsigned int, AppleIntelDisplayPath*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [EDID] skipCachedEDID = 0
2020-06-30 17:57:47.074124+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::fbGetDDCBlock(int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned long long*, unsigned int, AppleIntelDisplayPath*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [EDID] Port Cache is valid, Returning a cached copy of EDID block 1 (flags=0x6)
2020-06-30 17:57:47.074125+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::fbGetDDCBlock(int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned long long*, unsigned int, AppleIntelDisplayPath*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [EDID] EDID read was 2 us
2020-06-30 17:57:47.074126+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::fbGetDDCBlock(int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned long long*, unsigned int, AppleIntelDisplayPath*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [EDID] return 0
2020-06-30 17:57:47.074127+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::getDDCBlock(int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned long long*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [EDID] return 0
2020-06-30 17:57:47.074129+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::getDDCBlock(int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned long long*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [EDID] (bus=0, blockNumber=2, blockType=0, options=0, data=<private>, length=<private>)
2020-06-30 17:57:47.074129+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::fbGetDDCBlock(int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned long long*, unsigned int, AppleIntelDisplayPath*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [EDID] FB1, bus=0, blockNumber=2
2020-06-30 17:57:47.074130+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::fbGetDDCBlock(int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned long long*, unsigned int, AppleIntelDisplayPath*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [EDID] skipCachedEDID = 0
2020-06-30 17:57:47.074132+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::fbGetDDCBlock(int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned long long*, unsigned int, AppleIntelDisplayPath*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [EDID] Port Cache is valid, Returning a cached copy of EDID block 2 (flags=0x6)
2020-06-30 17:57:47.074133+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::fbGetDDCBlock(int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned long long*, unsigned int, AppleIntelDisplayPath*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [EDID] EDID read was 1 us
2020-06-30 17:57:47.074133+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebuffer::fbGetDDCBlock(int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned long long*, unsigned int, AppleIntelDisplayPath*)> [IGFB][INFO ] [EDID] return 0

I don't know exactly what that means, but a notable difference is the line:
[IGFB][INFO ] [Connection_probe] edid == fEDID
vs
[IGFB][INFO ] [Connection_probe] edid != fEDID

I have patched the connectors, framebuffer (2048MB VRAM) and have tried a patched EDID for my monitor, but that locks me at 60Hz, while otherwise working great. Does anyone have any insights about the fEDID line? I have not found much on Google
I thought external displays weren't working for this laptop unless you're running high sierra because of GPU support with the GTX/RTX cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back