Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @vettz500 , I was able to get my debug files to look at. I still can't get audio and trackpad, but I will be happy to give what I can as a way to say thank you.

I attached my updated EFI folder, with my original DSDT.

Well no wonder, you still didn't apply the trackpad patches. Either follow stonevils guide on github or use the ssdts i provided here.

All of the things I told you in that post are still true for your DSDT: No SSCN method, probably also wrong pinning and wrong _crs method.

For audio in config.plist try replacing this:
Code:
            <key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1f,3)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>#PinConfigurations</key>
                <data>
                </data>
                <key>#hda-gfx</key>
                <string>onboard-1</string>
                <key>#no-controller-patch</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>Layout-id</key>
                <integer>28</integer>
            </dict>

With this:

Code:
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>alc-layout-id</key>
                <integer>3</integer>
            </dict>

Take a look at this:

Maybe this too:

Hope that helps!

I had the original SSD from my Razer Blade Stealth, which I installed in my RB15, and with that the menus were showing up in BIOS, luckily and bizarrely. Everything else would have been very difficult, if not impossible, I think.

Well no wonder, you still didn't apply the trackpad patches. Either follow stonevils guide on github or use the ssdts i provided here.

All of the things I told you in that post are still true for your DSDT: No SSCN method, probably also wrong pinning and wrong _crs method.

For audio in config.plist try replacing this:
Code:
            <key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1f,3)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>#PinConfigurations</key>
                <data>
                </data>
                <key>#hda-gfx</key>
                <string>onboard-1</string>
                <key>#no-controller-patch</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>Layout-id</key>
                <integer>28</integer>
            </dict>

With this:

Code:
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>alc-layout-id</key>
                <integer>3</integer>
            </dict>

Hi, thank you for responding, however I just tried doing both fixes again, did the audio snippet change, and tried multiple layout ID's (as well as the 3) and still no luck.

trackpad method was followed by the stonevil guide, and it isn't working either. Also my computer is taking about 3x longer to boot up with the trackpad change i did to my DSDT.

I really appreciate the time you're taking to help me out!

Hi, thank you for responding, however I just tried doing both fixes again, did the audio snippet change, and tried multiple layout ID's (as well as the 3) and still no luck.

trackpad method was followed by the stonevil guide, and it isn't working either. Also my computer is taking about 3x longer to boot up with the trackpad change i did to my DSDT.

I really appreciate the time you're taking to help me out!
Apply one of the fixes (either stonevil dsdt method or my hotpatches), post your efi again and I'll check.

@sirtailios that looks better. It should at least work in polling mode the way you did it now..

So, a few things:

It looks like you now have all your kexts in both /Library/Extensions and Clover/Kexts/Other. Delete the ones you put in /Library/Extensions and update kextcache with
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Next, your kexts are still very outdated. For example you are using VoodooI2C v2.1.4 from Sep 2018. I'd suggest updating all the kexts to their latest version. You can use KextUpdater to get the latest versions or go to the github pages and download them individually.

When you are done, remove LiluFriend from Clover/Kexts/Other. It's only needed if you put it in /L/E.

Your AppleALC.kext doesn't load (see kernel_log.txt of your debug folder, search for AppleALC). I couldn't find a quick fix for this but see if this error is resolved by the above steps.

With that done please upload another round of debug files (use gen_debug).

Gladly awaiting your guide @vettz500 !!
I'm really sorry about the delay, everyone! I've had a lot going on because of the pandemic and I just haven't had the time to invest into the laptop or this forum. But I think I finally got the bugs worked out. I'm going to attempt to get one written up over the next week!

Stay tuned!

Also, for everyone asking for help with issues on this thread, I'm no longer using Clover, I can offer limited support for stuff, but a lot of these little issues are taken care of with OpenCore and I've long since given up on Clover support.

@sirtailios that looks better. It should at least work in polling mode the way you did it now..

So, a few things:

It looks like you now have all your kexts in both /Library/Extensions and Clover/Kexts/Other. Delete the ones you put in /Library/Extensions and update kextcache with
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Next, your kexts are still very outdated. For example you are using VoodooI2C v2.1.4 from Sep 2018. I'd suggest updating all the kexts to their latest version. You can use KextUpdater to get the latest versions or go to the github pages and download them individually.

When you are done, remove LiluFriend from Clover/Kexts/Other. It's only needed if you put it in /L/E.

Your AppleALC.kext doesn't load (see kernel_log.txt of your debug folder, search for AppleALC). I couldn't find a quick fix for this but see if this error is resolved by the above steps.

Thank you! I just got the trackpad with your help (and others here as well)!! I'm gonna finish the stonevil portion to make it more precise, but I have full gestures.

A couple of things I noticed is sound isn't working still (although I replaced my Wifi card and have BT) I'll probably use my AirPods pro with it for a little while.

and now when I boot, I get the black screen where I need to close my lid to reset the display functions. Not bad, but did enjoy not having to do that before haha

I'll report back with the an update soon, and the debug files to close in.

So, a few things:

Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Here is the debug file and EFI

Attachments

• debug_24393.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 90
  • EFI.zip
    25.8 MB · Views: 107
Here is the debug file and EFI
Okay so first off delete LiluFriend.

Secondly, did you run
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
?

Next, you have both FakeSMC and VirtualSMC installed. Remove FakeSMC and get the latest VirtualSMC here. Replace VirtualSMC.kext and SMCBatteryManager.kext in c/k/o.

For the black screen thing it looks like your model has the same problems as mine. You have a couple of ACPI errors that I had and some additional ones that I didn't. I can give you my SSDTs to fix that but you need to remove your DSDT patch that disables the dGPU before you add them. Do the above steps first, see if audio works and we'll go from there.

Honestly at this point - I you plan to use opencore in the future - you should also use the trackpad SSDTs I gave you instead of the stonevil patches, figure out a way to make your battery work with SSDTs (maybe vettz's patch or mine works for your model) and ditch your DSDT as that is the hardest part when moving over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back