Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo V330-15IKB using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pictures of the 2 products bought from these links:
IMG_3668.jpegIMG_3669.jpegIMG_3670.jpegIMG_3671.jpeg

The face plate of course is optional, but it does make it look better and provides an easy way to just pull the battery in and out. I bought a couple of the faceplates to use with both the battery and also a storage module ( which I use for the original Windows 10 HD ).

Last edited:
...and just for completeness if you want a hard disk caddy with faceplate already attached:

Do you have a problem that touchpad stops working when writing some thing with keyboard in same time?
Do you know solution to fix it ?

Will it work on Lenovo IdeaPad 320 15IKB?

-Lenovo v330-15IKB, two partitions one for windows and one for macOS Mojave both under the same GPT disk. In bios the boot works only in legacy. Windows doesn’t boot. macOS boots only using the usb.

every time I install the Kexts and reboot, it half reboot and crashes.. before installing the Kexts, it worked, just the resolution is a bit weird and WiFi don’t work (Bluetooth & rest are working). I would like to get help.
Also clover boot loader fails to download...
*tried also the legacy and the UEFI although I believe I need a legacy one because of the bios.
*windows is installed but I have no problem installing it again. It’s there before I formatted my disk from MBR to GPT. Maybe it’s the problem.
thank you!

Last edited:
-Lenovo v330-15IKB, two partitions one for windows and one for macOS Mojave both under the same GPT disk. In bios the boot works only in legacy. Windows doesn’t boot. macOS boots only using the usb.

every time I install the Kexts and reboot, it half reboot and crashes.. before installing the Kexts, it worked, just the resolution is a bit weird and WiFi don’t work (Bluetooth & rest are working). I would like to get help.
Also clover boot loader fails to download...
*tried also the legacy and the UEFI although I believe I need a legacy one because of the bios.
*windows is installed but I have no problem installing it again. It’s there before I formatted my disk from MBR to GPT. Maybe it’s the problem.
thank you!
If you can boot your installation from USB ( under UEFI ) but you cannot install clover onto your hard disk then it sounds like you have a formatting issue ( maybe clover is failing because it cannot install to EFI ). Maybe best to read the dual booting guides and start again.

Problems:
1) Shutdown=Reboot
2) Screen flickering

Problem report is attached.
Please help me!!

Attachments

• debug_16848.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 109
Do you have a problem that touchpad stops working when writing some thing with keyboard in same time?
Do you know solution to fix it ?
It's not a bug, it's a feature :lol:
It's there to have some kind of palm rejection. You can reduce the 'quiet' time by modifying the info.plist of VoodooI2CHID.kext, or disabling it altogether.
Time in milliseconds: 'QuietTimeAfterTyping'
Enable/Disable: 'RM,deliverNotifications'

Some RAM slots that do come with this laptop, Clover has trouble dealing with them, i had to add the properties on SMBIOS for the ram information (type,manufacturer,size,serial number,part number etc.) that fixed my issues.
Thank you so much! It worked with the mapping of the DIMMs. I attached the working config.plist :)

Thanks to luebecker for the example config.plist, and snii to "confirm" this issue.
Just helped somebody with different sized memory modules that was also having the reboots after the End RandomSeed problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back