Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Thinkpad T440S using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@CoBrA2168 @usman2006 im aware of that but i want to ask both of you, have you 100% verified that it's only a macOS specific problem ?
I believe i had similar issue on Linux and on Windows more often as well.
I kind of think it's somehow hardware issue but i can't guarantee that for sure.

I need more detailed testing for that but as a side note, i now have a 13" Retina MacBook Pro (Early 2015) with Force TouchPad and it does have two USB3 ports, the one on the left side sometimes does cause me some issues like not detecting my Steelseries Rival 100 mouse etc. I do want to say that it may be sort of macOS problem as well and not 100% hackintosh side.

Idk i still need to investigate and then fix that issue.
This upcoming month i plan to get an iPhone XS Max since i have the Macbook Pro now then i can do some more in-depth testing toward that issue.

i have test with ipad and iphone on all ports inkl. from the dock under mac os.
and only ipad have this problem and only on normal ports (non always power on).
under windows as far i remember i never experienced this problem with the ipad or iphone. but i can test tomorrow again on all ports inkl. docking station and maybe if i have time i boot with a live linux usb stick und test also there and report back.

any updates for the OC files .

@Sniki it looks like the SD Card reader kext did not work on my system running Mojave. I tried both the latest release, and one I compiled myself. More of a reason I should probably look into getting Catalina on this machine.

I opened up an issue on Github describing the issue:

@Sniki it looks like the SD Card reader kext did not work on my system running Mojave. I tried both the latest release, and one I compiled myself. More of a reason I should probably look into getting Catalina on this machine.

I opened up an issue on Github describing the issue:
Maybe you have build it from Mojave but using SDK 10.15 which is the reason why it doesn't work.

Hello all,

I am learning into more details of ACPI by reading guides on OpenCore. I have some question specifically regarding the SSDT for Thinkpad T440:
1. Do we need to include SSDT-PLUG and SSDT-EHCx_OFF? CMIIW, SSDT-PNLF with SMCSuperIO.kext is required for backlight function?
2. I cannot find "Device (GPIO)" in the original DSDT, while the guide says that Device (GPIO) is required for SSDT-GPIO that defines the function of the trackpad? Does this means that we do not need to include SSDT-GPIO?
3. I ready in this thread that SSDT-USB is no longer required and replaced by USBPorts.kext, but I still see the SSDT-USB in the latest Github Repo. Does this means that SSDT-USB and USBPorts.kext are still required?

Thank you for any help to complete my understanding.

PS: @Sniki any chance you have complete the alcplugfix integration to AppleALC?

Following the every step religiously, the installation stop, like 95%, before it finishes successfully on a T440.
Any suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1367.JPG
    IMG_1367.JPG
    768.4 KB · Views: 67
Got an error message: The bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk. :(-69793)

Attachments

• Error_Message.JPG
    Error_Message.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 62
First off, I want to say a big thank you to Sniki! :clap:

I was able to install Catalina on my newly acquired ThinkPad T440s (still waiting on the trackpad replacement, WiFi Card and BIOS flash clip).

I found the guide easy to follow and after some trial and error, I am able to run OS X without issue (single boot).

Aside from iMessage issues (followed P1LGRIM's iDiot's Guide)--- I think it has more to do with Apple's two-factor authentication since I was able to get it to work with a single-factor authentication Apple ID first before signing out and then singing back in with a different (two-factor authentication) Apple ID.

I do have 2 questions though and I'm hoping someone could help-- First, is about key mapping-- Is there a way to map F1, F2, F3 to control the volume? I was able to map the screen brightness to F5 & F6, but I could not find a way to do this for the volume controls, and I would like to map the Command key to the Windows Key (it is mapped to Alt).

Second-- is there a way to have a battery meter? In System Prefrences -> Energy Saver under "Battery" there is a checkbox for "Show battery status in menu bar" that I can check, but it unchecks itself after I check it. (Shows "Current battery charge: 0%). This would be nice to know how much battery is remaining since while testing it did just drop dead without any warning.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Again! :mrgreen:

Got an error message: The bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk. :(-69793)
While it's unusual, it's completely fine. Reboot and select your macOS boot disk in clover to boot into updated macOS. I believe this is a Clover-related issue and that it doesn't happen on OpenCore. Anyways, when you boot into macOS, you can simply remove the Install Data folder from the Data partition of your macOS disk to delete the "Install macOS from macOS Data" boot entry that remains in the Clover boot menu.

First off, I want to say a big thank you to Sniki! :clap:

I was able to install Catalina on my newly acquired ThinkPad T440s (still waiting on the trackpad replacement, WiFi Card and BIOS flash clip).

I found the guide easy to follow and after some trial and error, I am able to run OS X without issue (single boot).

Aside from iMessage issues (followed P1LGRIM's iDiot's Guide)--- I think it has more to do with Apple's two-factor authentication since I was able to get it to work with a single-factor authentication Apple ID first before signing out and then singing back in with a different (two-factor authentication) Apple ID.

I do have 2 questions though and I'm hoping someone could help-- First, is about key mapping-- Is there a way to map F1, F2, F3 to control the volume? I was able to map the screen brightness to F5 & F6, but I could not find a way to do this for the volume controls, and I would like to map the Command key to the Windows Key (it is mapped to Alt).

Second-- is there a way to have a battery meter? In System Prefrences -> Energy Saver under "Battery" there is a checkbox for "Show battery status in menu bar" that I can check, but it unchecks itself after I check it. (Shows "Current battery charge: 0%). This would be nice to know how much battery is remaining since while testing it did just drop dead without any warning.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Again! :mrgreen:
Which config files are you using? I'm using latest files from Sniki's GitHub and volume keys work perfectly fine for me, as well as the battery status. The issues you're describing sound like a misconfigured EFI.

About mapping Command key to the Windows key, go to SysPref -> Keyboard and press "Modifier Keys". You can remap those keys there. Experiment with different combinations and configure it to your liking.

Hello !
I have created usb installer with macOS 10.15.4, last version of clover "5114".
In install process, there are a "panic" you can find screen capture of error :
** In Memory Panic stackshot succeeded ** bytes traced 30992 **
Do you have tips ?
Thank for your help

Attachments

• Screen Capture.jpg
    Screen Capture.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 63
  • EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.