Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440S [OpenCore 0.6.7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mariuspopa01
Keep in mind that T440P EFI is not ready yet, i am testing T440S first to solve those major problems that users may face so i can clean them up and don't have same problems repeat on T440P as well.

I think i may soon be able to upload the T440, X240, L440, T440P guides (during this week).

Try attached USBPorts.kext

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 32
@mariuspopa01
Keep in mind that T440P EFI is not ready yet, i am testing T440S first to solve those major problems that users may face so i can clean them up and don't have same problems repeat on T440P as well.

I think i may soon be able to upload the T440, X240, L440, T440P guides (during this week).

Try attached USBPorts.kext
Hello. Just tried it. It works like a charm. Never immagined im gonna run Big Sur so fast without glitches.

Thanks a lot!

@Sniki I'll test your SSDT on stock touchpad (T440) ASAP, but in the meantime, I can confirm that your Catalina-EFI-based VoodooPS2Controller also works just fine.

@Sniki I'll test your SSDT on stock touchpad (T440) ASAP, but in the meantime, I can confirm that your Catalina-EFI-based VoodooPS2Controller also works just fine.
Ah yes, i forgot i have EFI here, i will upload that one in the repository.

Thanks for letting me know.

Hello. Just tried it. It works like a charm. Never immagined im gonna run Big Sur so fast without glitches.

Thanks a lot!
It will become a lot better once the T440P EFI is ready as a lot of stuff is different on the T440S.

Ugh, that's why i hate it (VoodooPS2), i also forgot it needs the SSDT for that.

@igorkulman try attached SSDT-TPD by copying it into EFI/OC/ACPI and add an entry into EFI/OC/Config.plist > ACPI > Add >
(you can copy one of the existing SSDTs and just rename it there):
Comment = TouchPad
Enabled = Yes
Path = SSDT-TPD.aml

save config.plist

Test if problem get's solved.
After boot the everything seems to work fine but it only lasts a few minutes.

After a few minutes the trackpoint stops working, only the touchpad works. From the buttons, the trackpoint buttons both work but only the right touchpad buttons.

Maybe something more is needed?

After boot the everything seems to work fine but it only lasts a few minutes.

After a few minutes the trackpoint stops working, only the touchpad works. From the buttons, the trackpoint buttons both work but only the right touchpad buttons.

Maybe something more is needed?
Yes, great.
Thanks to @Fobos531 everything will be fixed, give 3 min to update the repository with VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Content/PlugIns/VodooPS2Trackpad.kext with the one from the EFI at post #1, i remember i used to revert some recent changes that broke the functionality of Physical Clicks.

@igorkulman grab the VoodooPS2Controller.kext from the Github Repo now and see if it fixes the problem for you.

Some more feedback from me:

Maybe I didn't do a thorough enough testing, but the SSDT you provided seems to work fine for me. I tested on stock T440 touchpad and both left and right clicks worked for me. I do not use the trackpoint so I'm not affected by it, even if it doesn't work.

All in all, I think almost everything is ready for Big Sur, the only thing that's puzzling me is the fact that I cannot get Broadcom WiFi to work. The kext version you provided do not work in Catalina neither Big Sur installer (no wifi icon in top left). Did you make any changes to EFI config in regards to how the WiFi is handled? If I can help debug this in any way, please let me know.

All in all, I think almost everything is ready for Big Sur, the only thing that's puzzling me is the fact that I cannot get Broadcom WiFi to work. The kext version you provided do not work in Catalina neither Big Sur installer (no wifi icon in top left). Did you make any changes to EFI config in regards to how the WiFi is handled? If I can help debug this in any way, please let me know.
This one is really important, i would appreciate if you can provide some feedback.

First of all i would like a working copy of Ioreg, use this IORegistryExplorer from here:

Then attach the Hackintool PCIe (pcidevices.text) file extract generated into desktop, you can do it from here:
Hackintool.png

Because the problem is i updated my T440S to latest bios version and i have Intel AC7260 installed to test Airportitlwm.kext and the ongoing progress, so i can maybe help regarding making it more stable.
I don't have time to revert back to v2.36 and to open the laptop and replace Wireless Cards.

Thanks in advance !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back