Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440S [OpenCore 0.6.7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say a bit better but after time it still goes to a bad state making it hard to move the cursor and hit anything.
Can you please upload an Ioreg so i can provide it and maybe they can troubleshoot the problem.

Can you please upload an Ioreg so i can provide it and maybe they can troubleshoot the problem.
Sure, here is ioreg when booted with 0.6.3, with the VoodooRMI from post 386 and Airportitlwm loaded manually.

Attachments

• Thinkpad.ioreg.zip
    5 MB · Views: 50
I have a touchpad with physical buttons, I think from E450 but I am not sure.

No need. I already tried with the latest version and also with a build I made myself (that just contains 7260 driver and is much smaller), neither of them loads at boot but can be loaded manually. I think the problem is not in the specific version. I think something about use with and without prelinked kernel was mentioned in the repo for the Airport variant, but I did not have enough knowledge to understand.
Same here, in regards to the mouse issue. (tested on T440 with stock touchpad).

As for AirportBrcmFixup, this could be due to the fact that I'm testing the newest kext version on Catalina and not Big Sur (maybe backwards compatibility broke for this kext?). Anyways, we can wait for the December kext drop if that's necessary.

Same here, in regards to the mouse issue. (tested on T440 with stock touchpad).

As for AirportBrcmFixup, this could be due to the fact that I'm testing the newest kext version on Catalina and not Big Sur (maybe backwards compatibility broke for this kext?). Anyways, we can wait for the December kext drop if that's necessary.
Thanks for the feedback guys !

Tomorrow i will add VoodooPS2 for standard TouchPads and the case of @igorkulman so you guys can use it instead of VoodooRMI.

@Fobos531 try reverting to an older AirportBrcmFixup and test if it works (before those injector changes version etc).

When I try to boot the 0.6.3 EFI from a flash drive with Secure Boot enabled in BIOS I get this

Attachments

• IMG_2882.jpg
    IMG_2882.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 37
When I try to boot the 0.6.3 EFI from a flash drive with Secure Boot enabled in BIOS I get this
Secure boot mode
Reset to Custom keys

Reset to factory keys doesn’t let you boot other version than Windows (not even Linux)

Hi, Sniki.
Brightness of the screen and hotkey not working at all. it cause of using Big Sur?
With Mute, WiFi hotkeys working as expected.
Seems YogaSMC doesn't to be fully functional.

Thanks in advance.

I checked again and the Big Sur update is not showing for me, same result as you trying to open it from AppStore. I am sure it was in Software Update at one time.
Did you find any solution? It seams a strange problem. I definitely saw big sur update before 10.15.7 Supplemental update. But now can't even find catalina from App Store and get error with Big Sur.

Hi, Sniki.
Brightness of the screen and hotkey not working at all. it cause of using Big Sur?
With Mute, WiFi hotkeys working as expected.
Seems YogaSMC doesn't to be fully functional.

Thanks in advance.
My mistake, forgot the Brightness Patch, will add it in a few minutes, YogaSMC works fine.
Thanks for the hint.
Did you find any solution? It seams a strange problem. I definitely saw big sur update before 10.15.7 Supplemental update. But now can't even find catalina from App Store and get error with Big Sur.
Weird issue, why don't you download the full installer from the Mac App Store and just update from it if you don't want to clean install ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back