Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440S [OpenCore 0.6.7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird issue, why don't you download the full installer from the Mac App Store and just update from it if you don't want to clean install ?
I have the same issue with Big Sur not showing up and trying to install from AppStore just gives an error, same as #371

I have the same issue with Big Sur not showing up and trying to install from AppStore just gives an error, same as #371
I had same issue, i am not sure how i resolved it.

I think what i did is: i downloaded the beta profile of macOS Big Sur at www.beta.apple.com and then installed the beta profiled, once finished, the latest beta showed up. from the right side i removed the profile and then restarted and it did download correctly.

I think what i did is: i downloaded the beta profile of macOS Big Sur at www.beta.apple.com and then installed the beta profiled, once finished, the latest beta showed up. from the right side i removed the profile and then restarted and it did download correctly.
Will try. Thanks

New update is up:
- Fixed Brightness Control.
- Added VoodooPS2Controller Plugins for older TouchPads.
- Added Documentation for TouchPads and how to configure them.
- Fixed Readme Formatting.

Both your Bluetooth and Webcam don't work because of different SMBIOS used than the MacbookPro11,1
Do you have a T440P or T440S ? because your profile says T440P.

Upload your USBPorts.kext here and i will modify it for you to work.
Hello, sorry for the late reply. I have a T440P. I have attached my USBPorts.kext.

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 28
Hello, sorry for the late reply. I have a T440P. I have attached my USBPorts.kext.
Are you using the USBPorts.kext from the T440S OpenCore Github Repository ?, if that's the case then that is wrong.

New update is up:
- Fixed Brightness Control.
- Added VoodooPS2Controller Plugins for older TouchPads.
- Added Documentation for TouchPads and how to configure them.
- Fixed Readme Formatting.
@Sniki I followed the steps to enable the alternative touchad driver exactly and the result is even worse

- trackpoint does not work at all, the cursor cannot be moved using it
- both trackpoint buttons work as the right button
- touchpad can be used to moved the cursor
- the right touchbar button works but not the left one

Is there maybe a way to use the exact driver from the 0.5.9 EFI? It works well for me, never had any problem with it.

Ok, now downloading Big Sur :) Thanks. But I can download only when I have Apple Beta Software Program active. If I disabled it, got the same error.

@Sniki I followed the steps to enable the alternative touchad driver exactly and the result is even worse

- trackpoint does not work at all, the cursor cannot be moved using it
- both trackpoint buttons work as the right button
- touchpad can be used to moved the cursor
- the right touchbar button works but not the left one

Is there maybe a way to use the exact driver from the 0.5.9 EFI? It works well for me, never had any problem with it.
Ugh, that's why i hate it (VoodooPS2), i also forgot it needs the SSDT for that.

@igorkulman try attached SSDT-TPD by copying it into EFI/OC/ACPI and add an entry into EFI/OC/Config.plist > ACPI > Add >
(you can copy one of the existing SSDTs and just rename it there):
Comment = TouchPad
Enabled = Yes
Path = SSDT-TPD.aml

save config.plist

Test if problem get's solved.

Attachments

• SSDT-TPD.aml
    565 bytes · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back