Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440S [OpenCore 0.6.7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have updated to the latest EFI, rebooted, installed ALCPlugFix, rebooted.

Switching between internal speakres and the audio jacks works, but only manually. It should now work automatically according to the description in post #1 right? /usr/local/bin/ALCPlugFix is running after reboot, confirmed with ps

I have updated to the latest EFI, rebooted, installed ALCPlugFix, rebooted.

Switching between internal speakres and the audio jacks works, but only manually. It should now work automatically according to the description in post #1 right? /usr/local/bin/ALCPlugFix is running after reboot, confirmed with ps
Have you updated the Entire EFI ?, if you only updated partially that won't work, you need the layout-id 1C00000 (28) in DeviceProperties, the CodecCommander.kext and AppleALC.kext included on this latest EFI.

It is working perfect here. (unless you updated while i was editing the guide and still downloaded previous efi).

Have you updated the Entire EFI ?, if you only updated partially that won't work, you need the layout-id 1C00000 (28) in DeviceProperties, the CodecCommander.kext and AppleALC.kext included on this latest EFI.

It is working perfect here. (unless you updated while i was editing the guide and still downloaded previous efi).

You are right, my bad. I made a mistake merging the new EFI config with my existing config (using kexts for Intel WIFi and BT) and had the CodecCommander disabled as a result.

Now it works well, switching is automatic, no static or noise. I will test if it also works after sleep and wakeup, as that was the main problem of the previous configuration.

Thanks for the great work!

I will test if it also works after sleep and wakeup, as that was the main problem of the previous configuration.
You don't have to worry about that one either.

From now on, aside from the small problem with SD Card Reader, the configuration is perfect.

Only issues which are listed on Post #3 are Docking Station specific. Users without dock should have no problems now.

No problem, Enjoy !

The latest EFI works well for me. Everything functions with just the minimal changes (ROM, MLB, UUID, etc) to config.plist. My maybe-not-normal featureset: filevault, dw1820a wireless, synaptics t430 touchpad.

The louder speaker output is nice. Headphones plugging and unplugging and auto selecting output works flawlessly.

For the dw1820a to perform well on 5GHz wifi I had to set brcmfx-country=#a and brcmfx-driver=1 (2nd one is maybe optional... I didn't test in isolation just copy pasted). I set these in config.plist, but based on the release notes I could probably stick them into SSDT-DW1820.aml?

I believe i fixed that, didn’t show up anymore for me, it is supposed to be the “BlacklistAppleUpdate”=Yes quirk which is now replaced with AppleEFIupdater=No NVRAM variable.
Thanks for the fix. Will try to edit my plist with this one.

Maybe a clean install may help with some of these problems.
Yes, I plan to have a clean install at one point, specifically after the latest update published.

Have you disabled the:
- AirportBrcmFixup.kext
- BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext

and the Bluetooth ones ?

Since you don’t need any of them.
Yes, I cleaned this part right from the start as the card does not need it, yet it happens. As said, planning to do a clean install.

however there is a same version of that card but in NGFF format, that is the BCM94360NG which fits and is sized the same as the intel one and
I purchased a 94360NG and replace my CS2 (O was still using Mojave at that time), WiFi works and BT card is detected but Airport does not work. I found out that my 94360NG's maker is Asus, therefore I might need the BT kext. I might tried the card again when I do a fresh install later on.

By the way, do you have the T440 version of the guide? Specifically, I would like to have the Mute Mic indicator lamp works, as I use a T440s files and the only one that does not work is the Mute Mic lamp.

Thanks again for all the efforts. It helps a lot to have a stable macOS on a Thinkpad.

I believe i fixed that, didn’t show up anymore for me, it is supposed to be the “BlacklistAppleUpdate”=Yes quirk which is now replaced with AppleEFIupdater=No NVRAM variable.

Not sure what this is about, I don’t have this problem.

I have BCM94360CS2 as well and i have 0 issues with it.

Maybe a clean install may help with some of these problems.

Have you disabled the:
- AirportBrcmFixup.kext
- BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext

and the Bluetooth ones ?

Since you don’t need any of them.

Also check sysprefs > Energy Saver > Power Adapter > uncheck wake for network access.

Wait for the update, hopefully i can publish/update them tonight and i assume most of the problems will be resolved aside those that may get fixed with a clean install.

Hi Sniki,

I looked at your EFI and I don't see the AppleEFIupdater=No, I still see the “BlacklistAppleUpdate”=Yes. You finally discard that change? BTW, the new audio fix works too in the X250, same behaviour. Awesome work. Just as a reminder when you are ready to release the x250 guide, I'm ready to help, I only see a "strange behave" in my laptop, I have 2 batteries and when is discharged almost totally and I plug the AC adaptor the battery comes from 0 to 100% in no more than 5 minutes, which should be awesome if true :lol:

For the dw1820a to perform well on 5GHz wifi I had to set brcmfx-country=#a and brcmfx-driver=1 (2nd one is maybe optional... I didn't test in isolation just copy pasted). I set these in config.plist, but based on the release notes I could probably stick them into SSDT-DW1820.aml?
Yes, i forgot to upload the SSDT-DW1820A.dsl so people can configure it according to their needs, will do tonight.
Thanks for the fix. Will try to edit my plist with this one.

Yes, I plan to have a clean install at one point, specifically after the latest update published.

Yes, I cleaned this part right from the start as the card does not need it, yet it happens. As said, planning to do a clean install.

I purchased a 94360NG and replace my CS2 (O was still using Mojave at that time), WiFi works and BT card is detected but Airport does not work. I found out that my 94360NG's maker is Asus, therefore I might need the BT kext. I might tried the card again when I do a fresh install later on.

By the way, do you have the T440 version of the guide? Specifically, I would like to have the Mute Mic indicator lamp works, as I use a T440s files and the only one that does not work is the Mute Mic lamp.

Thanks again for all the efforts. It helps a lot to have a stable macOS on a Thinkpad.
Wait for the guide, yesterday i had to do some additional minor tweaking to the guides as well, now that they are fine i have less than 2 hours of work on T440 and L440 and they should be published and ready for use.

Hi Sniki,

I looked at your EFI and I don't see the AppleEFIupdater=No, I still see the “BlacklistAppleUpdate”=Yes. You finally discard that change? BTW, the new audio fix works too in the X250, same behaviour. Awesome work. Just as a reminder when you are ready to release the x250 guide, I'm ready to help, I only see a "strange behave" in my laptop, I have 2 batteries and when is discharged almost totally and I plug the AC adaptor the battery comes from 0 to 100% in no more than 5 minutes, which should be awesome if true :lol:
Once im ready, i will open a separate thread and mention you there so we can do testing, once everything is ready and good 2 go, we do the guide

Once im ready, i will open a separate thread and mention you there so we can do testing, once everything is ready and good 2 go, we do the guide
OK, perfect. You forgot about the question about the "AppleEFIupdater=No", did you forgot to include it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back