Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440S [OpenCore 0.6.7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, i have small problem.
Mini DisplayPort not working when i use mini-DP converter -> HDMI, the screen become black, and there are no signal on the TV
This is very important for me, i use it regulary.

On my old installation (mojave), I've had the same problem
I had to add con1 and con2 frame buffer patches

how to do with opencore ?
thank you very much for your help
I have planned to do an update for tonight on All ThinkPad(s).
Will check and provide the patches
Making Intel WiFi and Intel Bluetooth work

For everyone still using the built-in Intel 7260 AC as I am, there is now a fairly good solution to make it work quite reliably.

WiFi

- download and build itlwm (build itlwm not itlwmx, for example using xcodebuild -project itlwm.xcodeproj -target itlwm -configuration Release
- disable AirportBrcmFixup, BT4LEContinuityFixup, BrcmBluetoothInjector, BrcmPatchRAM3 in Config.plist
- add itlwm.kext to Config.plist

The itlwm.kext is firmware ported from Linux and it looks like Ethernet not Wifi (you will get a new en1 adapter). Because if that there is no WiFi GUI provided by macOS as it thinks it is an Ethernet adapter.

You can edit the Info.plist file in itlwm.kext before copying it to the EFI and fill in ssid+password for any number of WiFI networks you like.

Or you can download HeliPort. It is an utility that sits in the menu bar and looks like the standard macOS WiFi GUI. It shows you a list of WiFi networks in range and allows you to connect to any of them, no need to edit Info.plist.

I have been using itlwm for the past few weeks, light usage as the Thinkpad is not my main machine, but it worked quite well, no problems encountered.

Bluetooth

- download latest IntelBluetoothFirmware kexts
- disable AirportBrcmFixup, BT4LEContinuityFixup, BrcmBluetoothInjector, BrcmPatchRAM3 in Config.plist
- enable both downloaded kexts (IntelBluetoothInjector and IntelBluetoothFirmware) in Config.plist
- reboot

I tested with BT headphones and it worked just fine, both the headphones and the microphone. It might be a good alternative to the audio jack problems if you also have BT headphones.
Thanks, will add a link to this post on the guide.

Hello all,

My Catalina with OC 0.5.9 in my T440 runs OK, but at random timing when I boot up, the screen shows the following text:
"System Variable Storage is corrupted, using Default Values
Press Esc to continue, or F1 to enter Setup."

Any of you had experience on such case?

Thanks.

Hello all,

My Catalina with OC 0.5.9 in my T440 runs OK, but at random timing when I boot up, the screen shows the following text:

Thanks.

Hello all,

Thanks.
I have seen it a few times after reboot, but I never got a reboot from sleep. But I do not use the ThinkPad that often.

If this is because eficheck, does this means I need to use eficheckdisabler.kext? I never experience this previously when using Mojave on this Thinkpad. Just happen recently after using Catalina a while.

I have seen it a few times after reboot, but I never got a reboot from sleep. But I do not use the ThinkPad that often.
I am not sure if I experience this after reboot, but what I remember clearly is experiencing this after cold boot.

If this is because eficheck, does this means I need to use eficheckdisabler.kext? I never experience this previously when using Mojave on this Thinkpad. Just happen recently after using Catalina a while.

Me too!

I believe it is when an Apple Firmware update is attempted and thus causes that message because ofc we have no Apple hardware.

I assume i have the fix for that and a few others are coming on it's way, have been out of my country this weekend and i couldn't touch anything, i am working on the files right now

Things that will be excluded from this upcoming update:
- Dock Kernel Panic when video output connected (HDMI,DVI,VGA) and a sleep, shutdown or restart is attempted.
( i had no time to debug this problem and attempt a fix for that).
- Initialization error after wake from sleep with SD Cards (this seems kext related, i will be trying another workaround without sinetek kext).

I believe it is when an Apple Firmware update is attempted and thus causes that message because ofc we have no Apple hardware.

I assume i have the fix for that and a few others are coming on it's way, have been out of my country this weekend and i couldn't touch anything, i am working on the files right now

Things that will be excluded from this upcoming update:
- Dock Kernel Panic when video output connected (HDMI,DVI,VGA) and a sleep, shutdown or restart is attempted.
( i had no time to debug this problem and attempt a fix for that).
- Initialization error after wake from sleep with SD Cards (this seems kext related, i will be trying another workaround without sinetek kext).
Looking forward for the next update. Will the next update also include the Mic Mute Indicator Lamp? It will be very helpful for indication of Mic status.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back